I really dislike Ormond right now.

So, there's a bit of context that needs to be said as to why I dislike Ormond. I main Pyramid Head, and Ormond used to be my favourite map for him. Despite the lack of movement ability, he excelled at getting almost instant downs due to the nature of the loops on the map- long and hard to see over; in other words, a Pyramid Head's wet dream.

However, the current design of the map just kinda... isn't fun. It feels too big- and yes, I know, it's actually relatively small when compared to the rest of the maps, however it feels too big. Often, generators will spawn very far apart, making 3-genning really difficult (except for this one corner where there's seemingly always 2 gens and the survivors I face seem to know this, as they repair one of these two first).

The loops are too short. I never thought I'd be complaining about short, easy-to-win loops but they're just not fun as Pyramid Head. He excells in longer loops where he can drag the knife around for longer and get really nice hits- I think I've posted a few examples before. Currently he just... can't. Saloon, Hawkins, Midwich- they all suffer from this problem too (Saloon probably the worst offender).

So, if he excells at longer loops then main building should be great for him, right? Narror corridoors where it's hard to dodge shots? You'd hope so, but no. The ample spots to drop off means that his power is useless, and while that still leads to downing the survivor it doesn't feel fun. You could've done that on any killer, why bother playing Pyramid Head?

Finally, it exacerbates the problem that EU seems to be shifting towards at an alarming pace (learning from AU no doubt)- holding w. Pre-dropping pallets and fingering the w-key like they're on a time limit to find the g-spot. At which point, you're delegated to a 115% killer with no power, because using it is a handicap.

Ormond just feels too large, and the style of gameplay boils down, effectively, to Man With Knife, because using your power in most cases is a detriment. There are a few good spots- shack is still as amazing as ever, the pallet on top of Main Building is good for you, as well as the snow mobile. Asides from that, it's just kinda joining in on holding w.

And that really, really isn't fun.

Comments

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    So, there's a bit of context that needs to be said as to why I dislike Ormond. I main Pyramid Head, and Ormond used to be my favourite map for him. Despite the lack of movement ability, he excelled at getting almost instant downs due to the nature of the loops on the map- long and hard to see over; in other words, a Pyramid Head's wet dream.

    However, the current design of the map just kinda... isn't fun. It feels too big- and yes, I know, it's actually relatively small when compared to the rest of the maps, however it feels too big. Often, generators will spawn very far apart, making 3-genning really difficult (except for this one corner where there's seemingly always 2 gens and the survivors I face seem to know this, as they repair one of these two first).

    The loops are too short. I never thought I'd be complaining about short, easy-to-win loops but they're just not fun as Pyramid Head. He excells in longer loops where he can drag the knife around for longer and get really nice hits- I think I've posted a few examples before. Currently he just... can't. Saloon, Hawkins, Midwich- they all suffer from this problem too (Saloon probably the worst offender).

    So, if he excells at longer loops then main building should be great for him, right? Narror corridoors where it's hard to dodge shots? You'd hope so, but no. The ample spots to drop off means that his power is useless, and while that still leads to downing the survivor it doesn't feel fun. You could've done that on any killer, why bother playing Pyramid Head?

    Finally, it exacerbates the problem that EU seems to be shifting towards at an alarming pace (learning from AU no doubt)- holding w. Pre-dropping pallets and fingering the w-key like they're on a time limit to find the g-spot. At which point, you're delegated to a 115% killer with no power, because using it is a handicap.

    Ormond just feels too large, and the style of gameplay boils down, effectively, to Man With Knife, because using your power in most cases is a detriment. There are a few good spots- shack is still as amazing as ever, the pallet on top of Main Building is good for you, as well as the snow mobile. Asides from that, it's just kinda joining in on holding w.

    And that really, really isn't fun.

    Ormond is a Survivor sided map, killers with high mobility dont have the problems that pyramid head has on this maps, they still have problems because it is a HUGE map, but its a little easier for them. I am spirit main and the loop at the main house is completely annoying as they can get so much time by predroping the upper pallet neat the Stairs, it needs a rework just after haddonfield with the infinites in my opinion.

  • @velosinhooo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/256240/i-really-dislike-ormond-right-now

    Ormond is a Survivor sided map, killers with high mobility dont have the problems that pyramid head has on this maps, they still have problems because it is a HUGE map, but its a little easier for them. I am spirit main and the loop at the main house is completely annoying as they can get so much time by predroping the upper pallet neat the Stairs, it needs a rework just after haddonfield with the infinites in my opinion.

    rather ironically, as most other killers i play it's killer sided. i just dont play them very often lol. but nurse, spirit, doc, wraith? theyre all really good there- it's just my main that suffers the most

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2260400#Comment_2260400

    rather ironically, as most other killers i play it's killer sided. i just dont play them very often lol. but nurse, spirit, doc, wraith? theyre all really good there- it's just my main that suffers the most

    Hmm, Ormond has a setup that makes gens spawn seperataly, ur loved Pyramid Head will suffer at the Ormond for as long as that map has a gen setup that makes each one spawn ina corner of the map.

  • @velosinhooo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2260456#Comment_2260456

    Hmm, Ormond has a setup that makes gens spawn seperataly, ur loved Pyramid Head will suffer at the Ormond for as long as that map has a gen setup that makes each one spawn ina corner of the map.

    yes, that's... that's what i said in my original post.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2260471#Comment_2260471

    yes, that's... that's what i said in my original post.

    I was agreeing with ya

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2260400#Comment_2260400

    rather ironically, as most other killers i play it's killer sided. i just dont play them very often lol. but nurse, spirit, doc, wraith? theyre all really good there- it's just my main that suffers the most

    Even with high mobility killers that map is still bad. Not as bad as before but there are pallets everywhere and the main building is strong. It's completely survivor sided.

  • @solidhex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2260456#Comment_2260456

    Even with high mobility killers that map is still bad. Not as bad as before but there are pallets everywhere and the main building is strong. It's completely survivor sided.

    I don't find it like that in my experience. Freddy, Wraith, Napkin, Spirit, Doc- it's generally easy sailing as any of those killers. It just seems to be Pyramid Head that suffers, and it's really annoying lol