The current SBM is NOT programmed properly

BHVR said they were taking measurements of our prior performance somehow. Yet every other match as survivor I am grouped against a rank ~20 killer that just started yesterday. Then every other match we have survivors that are brand new to the game and a killer in the red ranks. How is it possible that my nearly level 4 devotion, and my son's level 4 should be grouped with or against players that obviously have less than a week in game? What measurement could you possibly have made, BHVR, that said the groups should be this out of touch.

The game isn't fun playing against a killer or with a group of survivors with no experience. SBM should be grouping those types of players together, so they can learn, not with me at red ranks or against a red rank killer.

I've said it before but it's been a while. Get rid of the lobby. Make matchmaking based off of what each person brings. Group people based off of their capabilities. So top tier perks versus top tier perks. (Not just talking about tier 3 I'm talking about the most used viable perks) Iridescent add-ons versus Iridescent items. You want to try hard, face a try harder. Basically, weigh everything that we have a choice to bring or not and group people together based on that weight. On the other end of it the players that have less than four perks equipped, haven't purchased all the tiers yet, or sometimes they have none, would never be grouped with or against those that want that competition.

I believe it would be EASY for you to matchmake this way. It would definitely be more fair than having me, a rank 3 at the time, face grey ranks that don't know how to play yet about 50% of the time. It would also be much more fun than being grouped with grey teammates, that again don't know how to play yet, which also happened about 75% of the time.

Survivor games grouped me with killers ranked 8, 20, 10, 17, 16, 18, 1, 8, 17 at which point I switched to killer to work on the tome. As you can see, five of those matches were not fair to the killer at all.

I don't main killer, but anyone that plays as much as I have knows how the game works. As a rank 15 Michael I faced groups like this:

3, 7, 17, 8

16, 17, 5, 14

6, 14, 8, 18

14, 1, 1, 6

As you can see, these ranks are all over.

Before you say disregard rank for SBM, let me tell you, NO! That is our only measurement of time played in the game. If you don't use rank to say, 'hey, that red rank player probably knows how to play, and that grey rank player probably doesn't know very much,' you aren't even using the basic metric of time played to measure who should be grouped together.

And having figured that out, it is time to start from SCRATCH! The VERY FIRST THING you should be grouping players together with should be whether they even know how to play! Or just use my suggestion and you would be doing that already.

At the very least your test is forcing the measurement of skill during the test to provide invalid data, because you are grouping normally skilled players with people that don't know how to play. They are going to affect the measurements of each other to the point that the data cannot be used for anything. You'll have the SBM measuring those rank 20s higher than they should be and those rank 1s lower than they should be all because you didn't take into account experience in the game as the first measurement of skill.

Comments

  • I've deranked to 16 many times during my extended breaks, but I still have my experience and am being matched accordingly. So yes, you should absolutely disregard ranking with MMR.

  • image.png

    This should explain a lot.

  • Looks like two people didn't bother to read my post past the first couple words.

  • @kisfenkin said:

    Looks like two people didn't bother to read my post past the first couple words.

    The bit I was replying to is in the last third of your post.

  • I mean I'm Escaping every game with killers getting 2-4hooks. Even by using the old ranks we was all red ranks so...

  • @kisfenkin said:

    Looks like two people didn't bother to read my post past the first couple words.

    I responded to the claim you made within the first part of the post. Next time I'll be sure to copy and paste exactly what words I'm responding to, so you can tell which bit I mean.

    Looks like two people didn't bother to read my post past the first couple words.

  • I care to disagree, on my nurse where I get 10-12 hooks a game, don't lose, only 4k and sometimes 3k when Im too lazy to slug, with usually 2-3 gens completed, I am getting the MMR of survivors with 1000-4000 hours, working well for me atleast.

  • It goes all over the place. One game you'll be facing baby survivors or a baby killer, the next game you'll be facing someone with 6000 hours. I feel like MMR can't take some things into consideration. Like add-ons used, or perks, or anything like that. Like someone can be terrible at an add-on dependent killer if they don't use add-ons, but if they use add-ons, they become absolutely lethal. MMR seems to be going for a balance of "Two Escape, Two Kill" but doesn't take into consideration what items the survivors are using, what perks they have, what perks and addons the killer has, etc... Because it can't, because you can change those things in the lobby.

  • @BradQuackson said:

    I care to disagree, on my nurse where I get 10-12 hooks a game, don't lose, only 4k and sometimes 3k when Im too lazy to slug, with usually 2-3 gens completed, I am getting the MMR of survivors with 1000-4000 hours, working well for me atleast.

    So, you didn't face any mismatched teams?

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    Ah yes. Let's rag on it and shut it down after a day. NODDERS

    Did I say shut it down? No, we need an MMR, but we need one that takes experience into account all of the time.

  • Nope, literally 0. Then again im on a 474 game "winning streak" of only 4ks and too lazy to slug hatch escapes.

    Every team I have faced has been really solid. Totems destroyed in seconds, constant tinkerer procs, 1000s of hours. Knows how to juke nurse, thousands of hours when public. Every game has actually been quite challenging and I like it. So I have no complaints personally.

  • @BradQuackson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2259532#Comment_2259532

    Nope, literally 0. Then again im on a 474 game "winning streak" of only 4ks and too lazy to slug hatch escapes.

    Every team I have faced has been really solid. Totems destroyed in seconds, constant tinkerer procs, 1000s of hours. Knows how to juke nurse, thousands of hours when public. Every game has actually been quite challenging and I like it. So I have no complaints personally.

    That's great, for you. I'm on the other end of it, obviously. We never know if a game is going to be tanked by the other survivors, or if we are picking on a new killer.

  • Oh yeah, another thing matchmaking can't take into consideration: Maps. There's a huge difference between playing Huntress on Autohaven, and playing Huntress on Hawkins. Then you have the uneven spawns, where three people can spawn on three different gens on opposite sides of the map. Or all four survivors spawn together. The two matches are absolutely 100% different experiences for both killers and survivors. And I'm not sure that's something matchmaking takes into consideration.

  • I mean, don't really care what you think, but I have played nurse since literally 2016 the day of her release, and only her. So.....