This game can't be balanced unless toolboxes are changed
The biggest issue, in my opinion, with the game right now, is the way toolboxes and their addons work. Buffing the killers is all well and good, but the changes just end up countered by survivor buffs. But the real problem is that it's too easy for a team with little to no communication to finish a match in under 3 minutes because of toolkits. As it is, even the most basic toolbox makes repair skill checks trivial. the Very Rare ones make it so there may as well not be a skill check at all. But that isn't the thing that can so easily cripple the killer and end the game in two minutes thirty.
It's the fact that everyone can have strong toolboxes in a group of 4. So with very little or no coordination, survivors can just mow through the map, almost instantly repairing everything required to escape, and they all get away. I know that games like this will always be subject to back and forth balancing, but that won't be possible or probable unless something is done that doesn't just guarantee a survivor win.
Maybe make it so only X amount of survivors can have toolkits equipped? Or limited uses per match? Seriously, nothing can be properly balanced until something is done about stacking toolboxes.
Comments
That's why killer dodge.
If you see more than 2 toolboxes in your lobby, you better leave or get rekt in under 3 min.
I had 4 4 man sabo squad games in a row earlier it wasn't pretty but I still managed to get some in 2 of the games. The issue isn't toolboxes themselves but the sabo changes numbers whacked out.
I had a Game earlier on Autohaven against a camping Hag I was only one with an item mind you. Since she camped I went full sabo with a brown tb/hacksaw/twine. I completely sabo'd 5 yes 5 hooks with that tb and i didn't hit or get all great skill checks either.
I think they need to change the numbers on sabo some along with perhaps a reduced efficiency the more toolboxes being used on a single gen at same time. Since if you think about it you've got narrow spaces and lots of fingers with moving parts.
The genmechanic is the real problem.
Sadly the devs are too lazy to rework it
Pretty much this. Like at that point, with the loading screens taken into account, it's just a waste of time. Better off to dodge and get a more balanced match until one day they may rework it.
When you see that #########, you just throw on Franklin's. Trust me, they'll come back for it.
I learned the hardway. Found someone pretty quick. Downed them pretty quick. Was feeling like it was a good start. Hook is a bit far, they hit their 35% and d-strike out, down them again, go for hook and 3 gens pop. I've never seen it so fast. Having a great toolbox and being able to hit a good number of great skillchecks really undoes the game. Combine with with secret d-strikes and you just can't get it done in time.
Franklin's doesn't work because firstly you have to locate the ones with a toolbox, then downthem while the rest do the gens. If you hit them and leave they'll just pick it back up. You don't have the time to seek them out individually and take the toolboxes off them.
You need ruin to slow it down but then that's gone in 30 seconds most games so it's worthless.
At least remove d-strike. At least with that gone I could start to build momentum.