Survivor perk idea: Let There Be Light

Let There Be Light:

Once the exit gates are powered, all the red lights at both gates are instantly lit. Scratch marks do not appear within 4/8/12 meters of exit gate switches.

Note: Even though the 3 red lights are lit, this perk does not affect actual gate-opening progress in any way.

Comments

  • This...seems very broken....

  • Is it just the lights or progress too?

  • @Marik13 said:

    This...seems very broken....

    At first may seem that way, but it’s essentially Left Behind for gates. It’ll really only be important when you’re the last survivor and the hatch has been closed. Since you can’t know if that’ll be the case before the match starts, you’ll have to gamble by giving up a different perk just.

    Because it’s so situational, I doubt this would really get that much more use than Left Behind. Still, it could be the difference between life and death at the end!

    Killer can counterplay with Whispers, so nothing is guaranteed.

  • @yobuddd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2254333#Comment_2254333

    At first may seem that way, but it’s essentially Left Behind for gates. It’ll really only be important when you’re the last survivor and the hatch has been closed. Since you can’t know if that’ll be the case before the match starts, you’ll have to gamble by giving up a different perk just.

    Because it’s so situational, I doubt this would really get that much more use than Left Behind. Still, it could be the difference between life and death at the end!

    Killer can counterplay with Whispers, so nothing is guaranteed.

    I'm still gonna say this isn't really needed and still comes across as OP. Why would you automatically open both doors and hide scratch marks to make it easier to escape? All this does is essentially punish the killer for doing his job of killing everyone and giving the last guy (who could've been that one toxic survivor who spends the majority of the game hiding in a locker and letting his teammates die) a free win. That doesn't seem fair to punish one side for doing his job and potentially rewarding the other side for just waiting it out.


    Besides something like this is not really needed since the gates are usually spaced a good distance apart from each other anyway. I've actually had 3Ks end this way where the last survivor is a sneaky little bastard and will manage to open one of the gates just as I get there and then escape right in front of me. I'm not complaining either. In cases like that it's a very well deserved win. They outplayed me and waited for the perfect timing so good on them.

  • @Marik13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2254390#Comment_2254390

    I'm still gonna say this isn't really needed and still comes across as OP. Why would you automatically open both doors and hide scratch marks to make it easier to escape? All this does is essentially punish the killer for doing his job of killing everyone and giving the last guy (who could've been that one toxic survivor who spends the majority of the game hiding in a locker and letting his teammates die) a free win. That doesn't seem fair to punish one side for doing his job and potentially rewarding the other side for just waiting it out.

    Besides something like this is not really needed since the gates are usually spaced a good distance apart from each other anyway. I've actually had 3Ks end this way where the last survivor is a sneaky little bastard and will manage to open one of the gates just as I get there and then escape right in front of me. I'm not complaining either. In cases like that it's a very well deserved win. They outplayed me and waited for the perfect timing so good on them.

    They aren't automatically opened, the lights are just lit up automatically. I presume OP still wants survivors to take time to open the exit, it's just to try and combat instances where the gates spawn close enough to be patrolled very quickly. This way, exit lights cannot be used to determine whether or not they have been interacted with.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2254420#Comment_2254420

    They aren't automatically opened, the lights are just lit up automatically. I presume OP still wants survivors to take time to open the exit, it's just to try and combat instances where the gates spawn close enough to be patrolled very quickly. This way, exit lights cannot be used to determine whether or not they have been interacted with.

    You nailed it! That was exactly my intention..

  • Then that seems kinda underpowered honestly, but I'd much rather have an underpowered/situational perk over an OP one.

    At least it's a really unique idea tho :D

  • @Marik13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2254390#Comment_2254390

    I'm still gonna say this isn't really needed and still comes across as OP. Why would you automatically open both doors and hide scratch marks to make it easier to escape? All this does is essentially punish the killer for doing his job of killing everyone and giving the last guy (who could've been that one toxic survivor who spends the majority of the game hiding in a locker and letting his teammates die) a free win. That doesn't seem fair to punish one side for doing his job and potentially rewarding the other side for just waiting it out.

    Besides something like this is not really needed since the gates are usually spaced a good distance apart from each other anyway. I've actually had 3Ks end this way where the last survivor is a sneaky little bastard and will manage to open one of the gates just as I get there and then escape right in front of me. I'm not complaining either. In cases like that it's a very well deserved win. They outplayed me and waited for the perfect timing so good on them.

    I fully understand your concern here, and it’s because I was unclear in my description. I’ve edited the original post in order to clarify that this only affects the lights, but not the opening progress for the gates. It’s simply to make it harder for the killer to determine which gate you’re working on.

  • @yobuddd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2254420#Comment_2254420

    I fully understand your concern here, and it’s because I was unclear in my description. I’ve edited the original post in order to clarify that this only affects the lights, but not the opening progress for the gates. It’s simply to make it harder for the killer to determine which gate you’re working on.

    Eh, I dunno. Confusing the killer and making his job harder, after he already had to work to kill 3 other survivors still feels like you're punishing him for doing his job. Especially by removing scratch marks near the gates too, and since like I said the gates are usually a good distance away from each other anyway, already making it hard to close distance between the two while patrolling most of the time. I just don't feel like this is necessary, especially with keys, maps, and Last Survivor already being in the game.

  • I mean maybe if it was only lit from the killer's perspective, but not the survivor's. Unless there's a notification the perk is in play, you're going to potentially screw over your teammates. And I don't think it would really make sense to only show to the killer, nothing else functions that way in the game.

  • Don't get me wrong it's a unique idea overall, but I just don't really see the need to add yet another way to make escaping easier on top of there already being a better version of this perk with help locating the hatch. Plus I mean, we already have some survivors who will literally do nothing and let their teammates die off just so they can nab the escape via Last Survivor. All this would do is encourage more of that.