Is Ghostface's reveal mechanic fundementally broken

I'm curious to know people's thoughts about this one because to me, Ghostface's power on paper is fine. The problem is the reveal mechanic quite frankly, only works when it feels like it.

I've had games where I'm stood right next to him, nothing happens

I've had games where he's stalking someone and I'm nearby trying to reveal him, his entire character filling most of my screen, nothing happens

It doesn't help that you can cheat the mechanic by just spam crouching to constantly interrupt when you're being revealed

To clarify, I don't think he's OP or too oppressive - I just wish his power worked as it's supposed to. What are you supposed to do against a killer who can expose you with their power and you can't take them out of their power the way that the developers intended

Comments

  • if he leans, he can stalk you and you can't reveal him, this is especially apparent on corn maps

  • @DwightFairfield said:

    if he leans, he can stalk you and you can't reveal him, this is especially apparent on corn maps

    The leaning def breaks it

    I find it really unfair that if I see him leaning to expose one of my teammates and I'm stood behind him, I can't reveal him. Should've looked harder I suppose

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2251075#Comment_2251075

    The leaning def breaks it

    I find it really unfair that if I see him leaning to expose one of my teammates and I'm stood behind him, I can't reveal him. Should've looked harder I suppose

    outplayed, use your eyes next time

  • He is fine but needs a slight buff.

  • I'm always getting revealed from nowhere when I play him but can never reveal him.

  • I'll revel him on accident when I don't even notice him and then when I'm staring at him with purpose he never gets revealed.

  • I don't have problems breaking him out at all. I wonder why so many people are having issues.

  • I think it feels broken from both sides. When you play Ghostface, it seems like survivors can reveal you when they shouldn't be able to, and when you play against Ghostface, it seems like you can't reveal him when you should.

  • It’s stupid for both sides honestly.

  • honestly the change i would make to him :

    [NERF] Make it easier to reveal him

    [NERF] Let the survivor see their own stalk bar

    [BUFF] Increase power recovery base + instant recovery upon downing an exposed survivor

  • I don't think it's fundamentally broken, but there is some jank associated with the power that I'd like to see changed.

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    I'll revel him on accident when I don't even notice him and then when I'm staring at him with purpose he never gets revealed.

    lol same here

  • It's broken af, completely unpredictable and unreliable for both sides. That's the main reason I don't play him much, even though I like him.

  • @Adeloo said:

    honestly the change i would make to him :

    [NERF] Make it easier to reveal him

    [NERF] Let the survivor see their own stalk bar

    [BUFF] Increase power recovery base + instant recovery upon downing an exposed survivor

    I like this. It would make him even more stealth reliant, but would give him a faster-paced playstyle.

  • @Adeloo said:

    honestly the change i would make to him :

    [NERF] Make it easier to reveal him

    [NERF] Let the survivor see their own stalk bar

    [BUFF] Increase power recovery base + instant recovery upon downing an exposed survivor

    "[NERF] Let the survivor see their own stalk bar"

    That'd just let people know he's on them immediately and make it impossible to stalk anyone without them booking it if they pay any attention.

  • @SOMENINJANAME said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2253061#Comment_2253061

    I like this. It would make him even more stealth reliant, but would give him a faster-paced playstyle.

    "[NERF] Let the survivor see their own stalk bar"

    How are you going to stealth if everyone knows the moment you start stalking them? That'd kill his stealth aspect. Unless you just want to get a basic M1 and that's it.

  • PTB Ghostace was so awful that devs didn't give him a month for players get used to him. They buffed him immediately on release.

    Survivors had a sound cue when killer was stalking them and they could reveal them even if they didn't find him on the screen. It was completely unfair. Old Ghostface was nothing but m1 killer.

    Current system require survivor have ghostface right in center of screen and only if they see sertain amount of killer's body.

    Survivors have to learn how to reveal him.

  • @MrPenguin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2253061#Comment_2253061

    "[NERF] Let the survivor see their own stalk bar"

    That'd just let people know he's on them immediately and make it impossible to stalk anyone without them booking it if they pay any attention.

    i guess it could be visible if they reveal him ? If they reveal him they already know he is there ^^ Could be like showing only for 3-4 seconds like a benefit for actually counter him ? Because when you say it like that you are actually right ;)

    That or revealing him remove all the stalking he had on you ? or 50% of it ?

  • @Adeloo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2255682#Comment_2255682

    i guess it could be visible if they reveal him ? If they reveal him they already know he is there ^^ Could be like showing only for 3-4 seconds like a benefit for actually counter him ? Because when you say it like that you are actually right ;)

    That or revealing him remove all the stalking he had on you ? or 50% of it ?

    Yeah that would solve the stealth issue.

    Although idk about removing his stalk, he's already one of the weaker killers, we don't need to make him weaker.

  • I think the reveal "mechanic" aka look at him, is fine. It's also not broken as i've heard some survivors keep whineing about. It's spazzes out a little when you're really close to each other but that's about it. Most of the "buggy" stuff comes from me stalking from a lean and NOT showing more that 25% of my body and survivors not knowing this.

    It isn't "fundamentally broken" it's just weak.... 1) i'd like a reduction from like 32 to 24 meteers for the reveal , essentially terror range radius 2) Hooked / Downed survivors should not be able to reveal you, AT least hooked ones, definetly 3) Lower the cooldown of his power, by a fair bit, it's insane wraith has no CD and a movement speed buff and you need 30 seconds if someone spots you from across the map

  • @Avignon said:

    I think the reveal "mechanic" aka look at him, is fine. It's also not broken as i've heard some survivors keep whineing about. It's spazzes out a little when you're really close to each other but that's about it. Most of the "buggy" stuff comes from me stalking from a lean and NOT showing more that 25% of my body and survivors not knowing this.

    It isn't "fundamentally broken" it's just weak.... 1) i'd like a reduction from like 32 to 24 meteers for the reveal , essentially terror range radius 2) Hooked / Downed survivors should not be able to reveal you, AT least hooked ones, definetly 3) Lower the cooldown of his power, by a fair bit, it's insane wraith has no CD and a movement speed buff and you need 30 seconds if someone spots you from across the map

    I disagree, I've been behind a leaning ghostface, having his entire frame on screen and nothing happens

  • I can be staring straight at a Ghostface with nothing blocking my view and not reveal him but when I'm behind a rock that's taking up 90% of my screen I'll hear the reveal sound go off as he quickly passes by the 10% at top of my screen. It needs to be fixed.