Just made a rookie error with Myers

Thought I would go for the Evil Within trophy or whatever its called when you kill all four in EW3.

Was fortunate enough to come across a potato team and soon had charged up and killed the first one.

But then I dropped back to EW2!

FFS I had used Fragrant Tuft of hair with Tombstone piece and not Judith's Tombstone. Why didn't anyone tell me about this? Its not very clear that this combo doesn't work.

Comments

  • Rex_Huin said:

    Thought I would go for the Evil Within trophy or whatever its called when you kill all four in EW3.

    Was fortunate enough to come across a potato team and soon had charged up and killed the first one.

    But then I dropped back to EW2!

    FFS I had used Fragrant Tuft of hair with Tombstone piece and not Judith's Tombstone. Why didn't anyone tell me about this? Its not very clear that this combo doesn't work.

    Doesn't it say in the Tombstone Piece description that it takes you out of Evil Within III?
  • Peasant said:
    Rex_Huin said:

    Thought I would go for the Evil Within trophy or whatever its called when you kill all four in EW3.

    Was fortunate enough to come across a potato team and soon had charged up and killed the first one.

    But then I dropped back to EW2!

    FFS I had used Fragrant Tuft of hair with Tombstone piece and not Judith's Tombstone. Why didn't anyone tell me about this? Its not very clear that this combo doesn't work.

    Doesn't it say in the Tombstone Piece description that it takes you out of Evil Within III?
    It does.

    Best use of the Tombstone piece is to play like you dont have it and whip it out as soon as someone tries to be funny near the exit or hatch, gets you a free truckload of salt everytime.
  • @Rex_Huin said:
    Thought I would go for the Evil Within trophy or whatever its called when you kill all four in EW3.

    Was fortunate enough to come across a potato team and soon had charged up and killed the first one.

    But then I dropped back to EW2!

    FFS I had used Fragrant Tuft of hair with Tombstone piece and not Judith's Tombstone. Why didn't anyone tell me about this? Its not very clear that this combo doesn't work.

    I can help you out: Tombstone Piece does not work with Fragrant Tuft of Hair.
    Now you know.

  • Peasant said:
    Rex_Huin said:

    Thought I would go for the Evil Within trophy or whatever its called when you kill all four in EW3.

    Was fortunate enough to come across a potato team and soon had charged up and killed the first one.

    But then I dropped back to EW2!

    FFS I had used Fragrant Tuft of hair with Tombstone piece and not Judith's Tombstone. Why didn't anyone tell me about this? Its not very clear that this combo doesn't work.

    Doesn't it say in the Tombstone Piece description that it takes you out of Evil Within III?
    Yes but it also says fragrant tuft of hair makes ew3 infinite!
  • Rex_Huin said:
    Peasant said:
    Rex_Huin said:

    Thought I would go for the Evil Within trophy or whatever its called when you kill all four in EW3.

    Was fortunate enough to come across a potato team and soon had charged up and killed the first one.

    But then I dropped back to EW2!

    FFS I had used Fragrant Tuft of hair with Tombstone piece and not Judith's Tombstone. Why didn't anyone tell me about this? Its not very clear that this combo doesn't work.

    Doesn't it say in the Tombstone Piece description that it takes you out of Evil Within III?
    Yes but it also says fragrant tuft of hair makes ew3 infinite!
    Yeah, but Tombstone Piece says it kicks you out of EW3 (regardless of duration). I thought it was pretty self explanatory.
  • Peasant said:
    Rex_Huin said:
    Peasant said:
    Rex_Huin said:

    Thought I would go for the Evil Within trophy or whatever its called when you kill all four in EW3.

    Was fortunate enough to come across a potato team and soon had charged up and killed the first one.

    But then I dropped back to EW2!

    FFS I had used Fragrant Tuft of hair with Tombstone piece and not Judith's Tombstone. Why didn't anyone tell me about this? Its not very clear that this combo doesn't work.

    Doesn't it say in the Tombstone Piece description that it takes you out of Evil Within III?
    Yes but it also says fragrant tuft of hair makes ew3 infinite!
    Yeah, but Tombstone Piece says it kicks you out of EW3 (regardless of duration). I thought it was pretty self explanatory.

    In the wiki there is a note that says 'does not stack with tuft of hair' but it is not so clear in game.
  • Rex_Huin said:

    Thought I would go for the Evil Within trophy or whatever its called when you kill all four in EW3.

    Was fortunate enough to come across a potato team and soon had charged up and killed the first one.

    But then I dropped back to EW2!

    FFS I had used Fragrant Tuft of hair with Tombstone piece and not Judith's Tombstone. Why didn't anyone tell me about this? Its not very clear that this combo doesn't work.

    Lol let this be a lesson that even though you don’t have to use them , the add ons can be just as important as perks with the drawbacks some have and can hinder you more than help in some scenarios if they aren’t properly matched
  • @lyric said:
    Rex_Huin said:

    Thought I would go for the Evil Within trophy or whatever its called when you kill all four in EW3.

    Was fortunate enough to come across a potato team and soon had charged up and killed the first one.

    But then I dropped back to EW2!

    FFS I had used Fragrant Tuft of hair with Tombstone piece and not Judith's Tombstone. Why didn't anyone tell me about this? Its not very clear that this combo doesn't work.

    Lol let this be a lesson that even though you don’t have to use them , the add ons can be just as important as perks with the drawbacks some have and can hinder you more than help in some scenarios if they aren’t properly matched

    Lol yes. The tuft of hair only served to tremendously increase the time it took to activate the tombstone. I am a fool!

  • When I went for Evil Incarnate achievement, I just looked it up on some Steam or Reddit forum. Based on description it is not evident (although I guess we could have figured it out, it makes sense if you think about gameplay balance/fairness).
    Good luck with the achievement tthough! It's a major pain in the ass.

  • You need the full tombstone to not lose it
  • @George_Soros said:
    When I went for Evil Incarnate achievement, I just looked it up on some Steam or Reddit forum. Based on description it is not evident (although I guess we could have figured it out, it makes sense if you think about gameplay balance/fairness).
    Good luck with the achievement tthough! It's a major pain in the ass.

    Thanks - unfortunately that was my only tuft of hair :(

    So annoying as when I went to kill the second one they only had 1 gen done - I'm sure I could have done it...

  • When you use full tombstone make sure that you bring "Play with Your Food".
  • @Peasant said:
    When you use full tombstone make sure that you bring "Play with Your Food".

    Really? Please elaborate. I thought that was useless??

  • Rex_Huin said:

    @Peasant said:
    When you use full tombstone make sure that you bring "Play with Your Food".

    Really? Please elaborate. I thought that was useless??

    Judith's Tombstone slows you down. The Mori doesn't count as an offensive action, last time I checked. Therefore "Play with Your Food" counters the speed penalty.
  • @Peasant said:
    Rex_Huin said:

    @Peasant said:

    When you use full tombstone make sure that you bring "Play with Your Food".

    Really? Please elaborate. I thought that was useless??

    Judith's Tombstone slows you down. The Mori doesn't count as an offensive action, last time I checked. Therefore "Play with Your Food" counters the speed penalty.

    Very good. I wouldn't have thought of that. Thanks!

  • @Peasant said:
    Rex_Huin said:

    @Peasant said:

    When you use full tombstone make sure that you bring "Play with Your Food".

    Really? Please elaborate. I thought that was useless??

    Judith's Tombstone slows you down. The Mori doesn't count as an offensive action, last time I checked. Therefore "Play with Your Food" counters the speed penalty.

    Yup, just so. Though it's somewhat funny that tickling a survivor with a knife is an offensive action, while giving them several gaping chest wounds, then tossing their corpse on the ground is not :)