Why would you use Tinkerer on Legion?!?!

Or any perk that gives Undetectable?!?!

Was just up against a Legion running Discordance, Tinkerer, Ruin, Undying. Poor Legion, Ruin & Undying went within 40 seconds. Discordance was pretty easy to figure out, and then it became obvious they were also running Tinkerer.

Why? Do people have brains?!

How annoying would it be for Tinkerer to activate mid Feral Frenzy! Great, now you’ve lost all your Killer Instinct trackers. Smart move.

Comments

  • when deep wounds worked via terror radius I would equip a full perk build of undectable perks franks mixtape and then hit them enough so I could watch them bleed out it was funny

  • Eh well I guess you could say that ruin, undying, tinkerer is seen as more of a universal killer build right now. People will just hear that it's whats meta and will just slap it on any killer without considering how the perks will synergize, or lack thereof, with their power.

  • You don’t need killer instinct procs if you know for a fact that a survivor is sitting on a nearby gen, I guess. I wouldn’t run it myself but I don’t think it’s that bad unless the map is huge.

  • Eh i dont really see a huge issue with it

    Like i dont run that on legion, but with ruin and undying i think the synergy is quite obvious lots of people run ruin, undying, tinkerer

  • Ehm tinkerer is indeed awkward but the other undetectable perks are excellent on Legion

    Everyone being injured means getting a sneaky hit is an instant down.

    Dark Devotion means you have a slug that people don't want to get near too and if you get another sneaky down that's a lot of pressure that comes out of nowhere

    Trails of Torment means you can get close to survivors and either get a easy down or prevent survivors from scattering when they hear your approach allowing you to easier spread frenzy. ToT undetectable effect also goes away when you hit someone so you don't lose killer instinct.

    As long as you have control over it, Undetectable is insanly strong on Legion

    Edit: also the addons that increase your detection range work when you have no terror radius so you can use tinkerer if you use those addons

  • Maybe he was running out of time and couldn't decide what perk to use. Happens to me all the time.

    Last time i ended up using beast of prey on doctor.

  • Tinkerer is pretty good, either way you dont want it for the undetectable, you want it for the notification

    I remember saying on a facebook group that it would be good for freddy when it got its buff to 70% and people were like "why would you use it, they don't hear his terror radius when asleep" jokes on them

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    Or any perk that gives Undetectable?!?!

    Was just up against a Legion running Discordance, Tinkerer, Ruin, Undying. Poor Legion, Ruin & Undying went within 40 seconds. Discordance was pretty easy to figure out, and then it became obvious they were also running Tinkerer.

    Why? Do people have brains?!

    How annoying would it be for Tinkerer to activate mid Feral Frenzy! Great, now you’ve lost all your Killer Instinct trackers. Smart move.

    How about you dial down on the elitism, and respect the player. They may not be so experienced, or could be trying something new.

    Advice and help is good. Attitude of "do people have brains"...... makes your avatar incredibly appropriate for you.

  • I mean....

    The man thought Ruin, tinkerer, undying is gonna good on all killers... And he slapped Discordance on it as well.

    Some people just shut their brain offs.

    Or want to just test the combo on other killers...

  • Tinkerer is pretty good against good survivor. They wont heal so you dont use your power very often midgame. So the bad synergy is not a problem most of the time. Undetectable can help legion with his second hit and he needs something for that against good survivor.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    when deep wounds worked via terror radius I would equip a full perk build of undectable perks franks mixtape and then hit them enough so I could watch them bleed out it was funny

    Yeah... but everyone knows DW doesn’t work that way anymore now.

  • Legion has many playstyles and undetectable legion is one of them. It's not a useless dumb play like you think. It requires a different tactic; legion is a short killer you need to take advantage of line of sight blockers. I have used trail of torment/dragon's grip many times with succes. Yes sometimes it doesn't work but expecting a win every time is not realistic. I also have a good dark devotion build which works beautifully.

    Tinkerer works fine on legion only I pair it not with ruin but pop. If played correctly you cut the chase short get the down and the pop. This legion was unlucky to lose ruin/undying so early but it's not a dumb build for legion. It's not that hard to not frenzy while undetectable and it's a rare occurence getting the tinkerer proc while using killer instinct. It also doesn't matter since killer instinct is mainly for info anyway and you need to go for the gen if you'd like to keep it which is all the info you need. I tend to already have most injuries before tinkerer procs anyway allowing me to get the most out of it.

    Keep an open mind; using something different does not mean it can't work.

  • Because it's a really good perk and it's borderline unheard-of for Tinkerer to hurt Legions tracking because of the nature of the power.

  • I use tinkerer all the time on Legion lol I know that if I use discordance, survivors will just work on seperate gens especailly when they see I'm playing Legion. It's also how I've gotten my grabs for those challenges and mindgames during loops. Good survivors never heal, so I don't frenzy often. Also undying is kinda useless now, so they should have switched out for Pop or some other slow down perk to go with tinkerer.

  • @DangerScouse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/255009/why-would-you-use-tinkerer-on-legion

    How about you dial down on the elitism, and respect the player. They may not be so experienced, or could be trying something new.

    Advice and help is good. Attitude of "do people have brains"...... makes your avatar incredibly appropriate for you.

    I didn’t mean for it to come across that way. I’m just genuinely exasperated as to why someone would use Tinkerer on Legion. Not having any control over when Undetectable activates leaves the player open to it happening mid Frenzy, which I perceive as being bad.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2245527#Comment_2245527

    I didn’t mean for it to come across that way. I’m just genuinely exasperated as to why someone would use Tinkerer on Legion. Not having any control over when Undetectable activates leaves the player open to it happening mid Frenzy, which I perceive as being bad.

    It's honestly not that bad. 9 times out of 10 you probably just want to go to the gen that just triggered tinkerer.

    It's awkward and can sometimes mess you up but it isn't a complete anti synergy.

    And as i previously mentioned there are addons that circumvent the biggest issue with tinkerer.

    I wouldn't really call it optimal and i would suggest other perks before tinkerer but it's far from a sloppy butcher on plague kinda bad

  • I routinely run Trail of Torment on Legion. Everyone knows that you don't heal against Legion. Legion suddenly becoming undetectable makes staying injured a pretty large liability.

    I personally didn't like Tinkerer on Legion, but having undetectable on Legion is not a bad plan.

  • The same reason you would run it on almost any killer in its current state. It’s one of the most powerful killer perks in the game right now.

  • I think it is specifically to throw people off:

    Given how reliant on the TR legion its easy for people to assume that they are safe when they don't hear it leaving them vulnerable to undetectable cheese hits/downs/grabs.

    Its so bad its good!

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2245527#Comment_2245527

    I didn’t mean for it to come across that way. I’m just genuinely exasperated as to why someone would use Tinkerer on Legion. Not having any control over when Undetectable activates leaves the player open to it happening mid Frenzy, which I perceive as being bad.

    Fair enough. I tend to avoid Legion. I've never found a build to make him work. I actually agree, reading your reply, as to why this is not a good idea.

  • Giving up instinct for gen tracking isn't bad if your not reliant on it to find Survivors. With good defense and regression the killer can still make use of the power if timing it properly.