An Idea(Discussion)

So, I've been seeing a lot of people saying that the grind is really bad for new players. I personally haven't been a new player in a long time, so I can't really relate.

Anyways, it makes sense. There are too many perks for the grind to not be horrendous. You have at least 100 perks on both sides. These perks have three tiers. So that's at least 600 perk purchases. By doing the math that makes it exactly 600, getting all perks t3 on one killer and one survivor takes 3,000,000 bloodpoints. However, this is not taking into account everything else on the web. You have add-ons, offerings, and items for survivors. I'm too lazy to do the math on that. Anyways, it's probably around 50k bloodpoints per web. Survivors on average make 20k points per game. That's 2.5 matches for ONE web. That's insane. A new player shouldn't be expected to spend thousands of hours on this game to have a half decent build.

And so, this needs a fix. I have a feeling that lots of people are leaving the game solely because of this. I don't want this game to die just because the devs want to be stingy with bloodpoints.

So here's my solutions:


1.) Remove perk tiers. Make perks be at their strongest the second you buy them. Make perks be 5,000 bloodpoints per purchase. That alone saves about two million bloodpoints.

2.) Double bloodpoint gain for survivor, and triple it for killer. My reasoning on this is because killers are switching to survivor more and more now. This gives incentive to play killer, as well as reduces the grind by quite a lot.

3.) Give 5,000,000 bloodpoints as a code for 3 days. As compensation to the people who bought perk tiers before they were removed.

4.) Give 1,000,000 bloodpoints to every player just starting. This allows them to get a headstart on the grind.


I think that these are the best changes, but what do you guys think? Am I being excessive? Are there better changes?

Comments

  • I think those are pretty good ideas, though I can't see BHVR ever doing them. They can barely give us Double BP events.

  • I'd double the BP cap per trial, then double (or maybe 2.5x) the amount of bloodpoints gained per trial.


    Everyone gets more bloodpoints. Everyone loves bloodpoints.

  • @CoalTower said:

    So, I've been seeing a lot of people saying that the grind is really bad for new players. I personally haven't been a new player in a long time, so I can't really relate.

    Anyways, it makes sense. There are too many perks for the grind to not be horrendous. You have at least 100 perks on both sides. These perks have three tiers. So that's at least 600 perk purchases. By doing the math that makes it exactly 600, getting all perks t3 on one killer and one survivor takes 3,000,000 bloodpoints. However, this is not taking into account everything else on the web. You have add-ons, offerings, and items for survivors. I'm too lazy to do the math on that. Anyways, it's probably around 50k bloodpoints per web. Survivors on average make 20k points per game. That's 2.5 matches for ONE web. That's insane. A new player shouldn't be expected to spend thousands of hours on this game to have a half decent build.

    And so, this needs a fix. I have a feeling that lots of people are leaving the game solely because of this. I don't want this game to die just because the devs want to be stingy with bloodpoints.

    So here's my solutions:

    1.) Remove perk tiers. Make perks be at their strongest the second you buy them. Make perks be 5,000 bloodpoints per purchase. That alone saves about two million bloodpoints.

    2.) Double bloodpoint gain for survivor, and triple it for killer. My reasoning on this is because killers are switching to survivor more and more now. This gives incentive to play killer, as well as reduces the grind by quite a lot.

    3.) Give 5,000,000 bloodpoints as a code for 3 days. As compensation to the people who bought perk tiers before they were removed.

    4.) Give 1,000,000 bloodpoints to every player just starting. This allows them to get a headstart on the grind.

    I think that these are the best changes, but what do you guys think? Am I being excessive? Are there better changes?

    Yeah I'm in favor for this, it can get really tedious getting bloodpoints