Blood Warden?

EDIT: Original purpose of the thread detailed below. Confusion about Blood Warden's effects, it's all cleared up now. Interesting conversation to follow but if you're not interested in the topic, nothing to see here.

Comments

  • Before this gets closed, I would like to point out that this perk is missing its flavour text and that is sad.

  • @GeneralV said:

    Before this gets closed, I would like to point out that this perk is missing its flavour text and that is sad.

    It is? Really? I hadn't noticed.

    For what it's worth, the short version: Never saw the escape gates close, ever, and was confounded. All 4 survivors died. Read the wiki, said that the perk automatically activates when an exit gate is opened. Max duration is 1 minute, but our gate was open a good while longer than that. It made no sense. Upon reading the wiki more closely I realized that while the perk activates upon EGC, it does not actually TAKE EFFECT until the killer has hooked someone. So, long story short, three of us could have survived when we opened the gate together but our altruism killed all four of us because we couldn't get the final survivor, who was being camped, and then after the killer hooked him that was it for all of us.

    The perk's wording could be clearer, lol.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    Never mind, sorry. Something didn't make sense, now it does. I needed to read about this perk more closely.

    I apologize. Mods, feel free to delete. Or tell me how to delete my own threads if possible. :P

    you can flag your own post for deletion. the mods will see

  • @twocansofbean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/254684/blood-warden

    you can flag your own post for deletion. the mods will see

    Thank you for that info. They'll see who flagged it too, right? I don't want an anonymous report saying "that miketheratguy needs dealt with". XD

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2241676#Comment_2241676

    Thank you for that info. They'll see who flagged it too, right? I don't want an anonymous report saying "that miketheratguy needs dealt with". XD

    I've done it like 2-3 times

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2241660#Comment_2241660

    It is? Really? I hadn't noticed.

    For what it's worth, the short version: Never saw the escape gates close, ever, and was confounded. All 4 survivors died. Read the wiki, said that the perk automatically activates when an exit gate is opened. Max duration is 1 minute, but our gate was open a good while longer than that. It made no sense. Upon reading the wiki more closely I realized that while the perk activates upon EGC, it does not actually TAKE EFFECT until the killer has hooked someone. So, long story short, three of us could have survived when we opened the gate together but our altruism killed all four of us because we couldn't get the final survivor, who was being camped, and then after the killer hooked him that was it for all of us.

    The perk's wording could be clearer, lol.

    Yeah, BW is always a nice surprise. I miss the good ole' days when there was no EGC and I could actually use this perk on most trials.

    Also, where is its flavour text in-game? Where is this quote?

    image.png


  • Alright, I'll give it a go. Thank you again.

    I'll flag the post in a couple of minutes just in case, for any reason, someone wants to add anything to it or whatnot before I do.

  • @GeneralV said:

    Before this gets closed, I would like to point out that this perk is missing its flavour text and that is sad.

    Some perks have had theirs go away over the years it's weird

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2241660#Comment_2241660

    Some perks have had theirs go away over the years it's weird

    It sure is. Tinkerer is missing it, if I am not mistaken. A Nurse's Calling got its flavour text changed a long time ago. DS is missing it. Adrenaline. And many others.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2241663#Comment_2241663

    Yeah, BW is always a nice surprise. I miss the good ole' days when there was no EGC and I could actually use this perk on most trials.

    Also, where is its flavour text in-game? Where is this quote?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/TTRWGWN3B7PJ/image.png

    Lol I was stunned, man. I'm only a couple thousand games in but in those couple thousand games I'd never seen that perk used, EVER. Not once. I'm still learning and since I'm not familiar with a lot of killers yet (haven't even unlocked Freddy, I'm waiting on some of these killers until I get better at the simpler ones) so Blood Warden is completely foreign to me. So here's how it went down, bullet point style:

    • Competitive game against the Twins of all characters. That's actually really cool. Also saw Jonathan for the first time, but not up close.
    • Game goes for a good ten minutes, lots of close calls and unhooks / heals, then we get the first exit gate open with all 4 still alive. Three of us are at one and could have won the match by 75 percent, but just then one of us goes down.
    • Like WWII heroes, we ain't havin' it. We all turn and rush to his rescue. But now Twinny is camping the slugged comrade. Everyone tries, no one's getting him. It's at this point that I run to the other exit gate, knowing that surely the other three will have gotten him by the time I get the door open. It's a brilliant plan. We'll all get medals.
    • They got him up! My exit gate is half open but they don't know that so the other three start running back to the other gate. Ah well, I'll continue anyway because now The Twins are chasing them.
    • Crap, she slugged someone again. The other two have given up and are now heading to the first gate. About 30 seconds left on the EGC.
    • My gate opens. It's blocked. Huh?
    • Incredible symphony of quadri-death
    • "What the hell just happened?!??!"
    • I check the wiki. "Blood Warden activates automatically when the first exit gate opens. Uh, okay, that didn't happen though.
    • I make thread.
    • I read the description again. "OHHHH. It activates. It just...well, DOESN'T activate. Not until the exit gate is opened AND someone is hooked, which is what happened when the rest of us were trying to get out. Lame. But great play by the Twins. Respect.


  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2241691#Comment_2241691

    Lol I was stunned, man. I'm only a couple thousand games in but in those couple thousand games I'd never seen that perk used, EVER. Not once. I'm still learning and since I'm not familiar with a lot of killers yet (haven't even unlocked Freddy, I'm waiting on some of these killers until I get better at the simpler ones) so Blood Warden is completely foreign to me. So here's how it went down, bullet point style:

    • Competitive game against the Twins of all characters. That's actually really cool. Also saw Jonathan for the first time, but not up close.
    • Game goes for a good ten minutes, lots of close calls and unhooks / heals, then we get the first exit gate open with all 4 still alive. Three of us are at one and could have won the match by 75 percent, but just then one of us goes down.
    • Like WWII heroes, we ain't havin' it. We all turn and rush to his rescue. But now Twinny is camping the slugged comrade. Everyone tries, no one's getting him. It's at this point that I run to the other exit gate, knowing that surely the other three will have gotten him by the time I get the door open. It's a brilliant plan. We'll all get medals.
    • They got him up! My exit gate is half open but they don't know that so the other three start running back to the other gate. Ah well, I'll continue anyway because now The Twins are chasing them.
    • Crap, she slugged someone again. The other two have given up and are now heading to the first gate. About 30 seconds left on the EGC.
    • My gate opens. It's blocked. Huh?
    • Incredible symphony of quadri-death
    • "What the hell just happened?!??!"
    • I check the wiki. "Blood Warden activates automatically when the first exit gate opens. Uh, okay, that didn't happen though.
    • I make thread.
    • I read the description again. "OHHHH. It activates. It just...well, DOESN'T activate. Not until the exit gate is opened AND someone is hooked, which is what happened when the rest of us were trying to get out. Lame. But great play by the Twins. Respect.

    Damn, very well played by the Twins. Also, you and your team did your best. That is what matters :)

    Blood Warden is a perk that helped me countless times, especially because I started with Freddy (still is my main, btw). And there were many times it was used against me.

    I remember all too well when I got caught off-guard by an Old Freddy with Blood Warden, during the Moonrise event, when I was trying to escape with me Lunar Vessel. I mean, I was literally playing against my main, so I thought I was going to be able to read him like a book and escape easily. Oh my friend, if only I knew...


  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2241723#Comment_2241723

    Damn, very well played by the Twins. Also, you and your team did your best. That is what matters :)

    Blood Warden is a perk that helped me countless times, especially because I started with Freddy (still is my main, btw). And there were many times it was used against me.

    I remember all too well when I got caught off-guard by an Old Freddy with Blood Warden, during the Moonrise event, when I was trying to escape with me Lunar Vessel. I mean, I was literally playing against my main, so I thought I was going to be able to read him like a book and escape easily. Oh my friend, if only I knew...

    It was a really competitive game. I never see the Twins so I was happy about that to begin with, and even though it was on...sigh...Rotten Fields for the 400th time this week it was still lots of fun. I don't care if I win or lose, it's the match itself and this was a really solid one. Back and forth with close calls but no deaths...until the ULTIMATE death, lol. Man, she must have been in her glory watching us all just plain expire. It really was a great play. GREAT play. We all won, hard. Until we lost, even harder. LOL

    I tried to make some post-game chat but everyone either moved on or was on console and couldn't see. Bummer.

    Do you use Blood Warden a lot? If I were confident in my ability to hook a survivor at my leisure that would be a really, really good killer perk.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2241736#Comment_2241736

    It was a really competitive game. I never see the Twins so I was happy about that to begin with, and even though it was on...sigh...Rotten Fields for the 400th time this week it was still lots of fun. I don't care if I win or lose, it's the match itself and this was a really solid one. Back and forth with close calls but no deaths...until the ULTIMATE death, lol. Man, she must have been in her glory watching us all just plain expire. It really was a great play. GREAT play. We all won, hard. Until we lost, even harder. LOL

    I tried to make some post-game chat but everyone either moved on or was on console and couldn't see. Bummer.

    Do you use Blood Warden a lot? If I were confident in my ability to hook a survivor at my leisure that would be a really, really good killer perk.

    I don't use it a lot, not anymore. But, back when EGC didn't exist, it almost never left my build. Since everyone opened the doors immediately, the perk was pretty much guaranteed to work every single time. O course it was up to you to capitalise on it and kill survivors, but the effect was there.