Spirit nerf for Scott Jund.

Since you can't see survivors while phasing, what if this included passive phasing. Also add-ons that increase passive phasing frequency and duration now decrease it.

Comments

  • IMO just make it clear if she's using power or not

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239363#Comment_2239363

    But no other kill can be standing still but actually be behind you because they're phasing. I've had issues with spirit in the past but I'm over it tbh, I just think it's silly that one of her best mind games is standing still because the survivor has no idea if she's phasing or not.

    No other killer gives 0 visual feedback about what they're doing with their power either though.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239392#Comment_2239392

    No other killer gives 0 visual feedback about what they're doing with their power either though.

    That's my point.

  • But if you suspect a Spirit is faking her phase, all you have to do is leave the area, it's the least problematic part of her power.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2241046#Comment_2241046

    But if you suspect a Spirit is faking her phase, all you have to do is leave the area, it's the least problematic part of her power.

    But that's a 50/50 guess not a mind game or something you out play.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2241058#Comment_2241058

    But that's a 50/50 guess not a mind game or something you out play.

    It would still be a 50/50 even if they got rid of the stand still mindgame, most good Spirits don't even do the stand still mindgame and there's still nothing you can do to try and extend chase.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2241082#Comment_2241082

    It would still be a 50/50 even if they got rid of the stand still mindgame, most good Spirits don't even do the stand still mindgame and there's still nothing you can do to try and extend chase.

    But at least you know what she's doing and can't get a down by standing in one place and doing nothing.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239815#Comment_2239815

    Like I said I like the guy and he makes decent points but just like he also says as well he hates when people quote him and his videos and act like a hive mind instead of forming their own opinions.

    Wouldn't making up one's own mind including being persuaded and agreeing with someone, though? If the argument convinces more people than not, that's still people making up their own minds. Are you sure you aren't just being contrary for other reasons like maybe you don't like the creator or just don't like being of the minority opinion?

    I don't agree one way or another but it sounds like you assume everyone that doesn't agree with you is doing it mindlessly.

  • @Sypherpathic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239999#Comment_2239999

    Wouldn't making up one's own mind including being persuaded and agreeing with someone, though? If the argument convinces more people than not, that's still people making up their own minds. Are you sure you aren't just being contrary for other reasons like maybe you don't like the creator or just don't like being of the minority opinion?

    I don't agree one way or another but it sounds like you assume everyone that doesn't agree with you is doing it mindlessly.

    No that's not what I'm saying. You can agree with him it's just when people quote him word for word like it's gospel because he said it. This is something even he has said he finds annoying when people do this.

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2240315#Comment_2240315

    What I mean is that there are to many sheep's nowadays and just jump on the bandwagon of their favourite content creator.

    Sure there are still people who can at least think for themselves, but many will believe almost everything others say.

    And i don't mean you personally as a content creator who stated she doesn't have counterplay, there are many more same as the opposite.

    But it doesn't take away the fact many will believe everything you say.

    Hell I wouldn't even be surprised if a content creator would say legion or plague for example are OP or doesn't have counterplay, and more than half of their fanbase/viewers/followers will jump on and say the same without actually trying to get to a conclusion of their own.

    That is all I was trying to say and was not an attack to anyone personally.

    And yes I believe she has counterplay.

    Did I follow the mass?

    Nope, just by trying things for myself, and sure some things I've seen others too.

    Again, it was nothing personal, it's just behaviour I noticed over the years.

    I respectfully disagree. I usually find certain creators persuasive but agreeing with one doesn't tip the scales like you say. Trust me, other people are as real as you are and although, yes, there are a percentage of people who will just absorb and parrot things, in general, people who agree or disagree are really, for real, thinking on their own and just happen to have a real opinion, just as valid as yours, just as thought out as yours or perhaps even more, that might be expressed in a way you don't like but that's not something invalid.

    Posting is not going to change opinions. If someone agrees, coming from the angle of saying that people are agreeing because they can't think for themselves will persuade exactly 0 people to a different opinion. Making persuasive arguments will work fine, of course. Combining the two poisons the well.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239405#Comment_2239405

    But they still wouldn't know what to do when she is phasing or where she is (at least somewhat, not the exact location). That is not really going to change the fact that she has no counterplay. It also is so un-interactive for survivors it is insane how she made it on release.

    Her gameplay would just be the same for the survivors; just guess and hope you don't die. You cannot counter a killer that gives you just one little cue as to what she is doing and nothing else.

    @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239331#Comment_2239331

    I think its more that along with Otzdarva he's one of the few CCs who actually tries to look at things from an objective standpoint. and isn't blatantly killer/survivor sided like MANY of them.

    Also I disagree with you on Spirit, the stand still thing is dumb but removing that won't change the fact that she's extremely un engaging to play against and boring.

    Adding to these. The most fun I had against Spirit was when she was bugged so survivors could hear her grunts while phasing. It was nice knowing I was being chased and Spirit still had a lot of mind-game potential with a long lunge coming out of high-speed. While bugged her strength was still better than Wraith now.

    (while the bug was still live) Otz brought up that it would be good if the killer could hear Spirits grunts too, so they could know if they were detectable. It sounds like a good option to give counterplay and still have Spirit be an S-tier killer.

  • @Dsnooz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239422#Comment_2239422

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2239411#Comment_2239411

    Adding to these. The most fun I had against Spirit was when she was bugged so survivors could hear her grunts while phasing. It was nice knowing I was being chased and Spirit still had a lot of mind-game potential with a long lunge coming out of high-speed. While bugged her strength was still better than Wraith now.

    (while the bug was still live) Otz brought up that it would be good if the killer could hear Spirits grunts too, so they could know if they were detectable. It sounds like a good option to give counterplay and still have Spirit be an S-tier killer.

    For me, a down is more rewarding when there's actual counterplay, and I counter said counterplay with a smart move. That's why I dislike playing Spirit/Deathslinger and too a similar degree Nurse.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2240193#Comment_2240193

    That's an idea or remove her husk that she leaves behind so she's completely invisible. That way she'd still be powerful and it would be fun to go against.

    I like to blind a spirit chasing someone via husk

1 2 ›