Why do so many people DC right at the end of a game.
Like I just had a game on the game with a Yui we were both sitting on hatch and I closed it before she could escape she then DCs. Like the game would have been over in like 5 seconds after I final judgement you why would you give yourself the DC penalty. Same thing happened the match before. Bloodwarden procs and they just DC. Like what is the point of DCing if the rest of the game is gonna last less than your 5 minute penalty.
Comments
The only reasons I’ve ever been given is to not rank up, or for the funnies.
Alternatively, it may just be pettiness to deny the opposition BPs.
Rage quit mentality, they can't control themselves and if the game is not going the way they want it to go, they DC no matter what stage of the match it is
Spite. "You didn't kill me, so you didn't technically win!"
Though if it's in a less the-killer's-victory-is-imminent scenario, it might just be to derank.
To let you know that you really got them.
Was solo in the corn against a GF. Another was also on Xbox and the others crossplay, no one in a group as far as I could tell.
Killer only gets one hook when the Feng he was chasing for the last two gens goes down to NOED. I quickly find it as he defends his hook, someone unhooks with BT and we conga line towards the door.
The rank 1 GF immediately dc's when he hits the borrowed up Feng by swimming around our bodies.
Since the killer was also on Xbox I messaged asking why the dc. He said so none of you get points for escaping. Truely warmed my heart hearing that and told them so. Was accused of being in a SWF, to which I directed them to the Twitch vod for proof. Not a peep after that.
Yeah I'd say ragequit. If they're playing the game as normal but only DC right when they're about to lose, it's a ragequit. They'd rather have the DC penalty AND no points for anything they did than suffer the loss, I guess.
Speaking of disconnects it would be great if BHVR could look into them, I get several per session that are server-side ("unknown error", etc).
I don't really get it, I see people DC on last hook. Like, good job, no BP for you AND a cooldown.
Whenever someone rage quits I just laugh and think: SDE.
I once had a survivor disconnect on me for picking them up on death hook as there were only one other survivor left. Their action led to the last survivor being able to escape through the hatch alive; if they didn't quit I certainly would have had the time and opportunity to catch the last survivor and kill them.
After the game ended, the survivor who disconnected remained in chat and said GG to me. This is where it dawned on me: the person took a DC penalty to ensure the last survivor would live.
A lot of people DC due to salt and hubris, but I really respected that one person.
I've had killers DC as survivors are running out of the exit - I'm guessing they think it denies the survivors the escape points?
I always find it funny when a survivor DCs after being hooked 3rd time or Killer DCs while survivors are running out the exit.