Okay, just to clarify: is early match slugging banable or not?

Now, I don't wanna hear any of that 'slugging is a legit tactic and sometimes necessary' stuff. This is about people who go and slug right from the start, leaving people to bleed out. maybe with the exception of the obsession for the extra points. and of course they'll go and knock down anyone with UB immediately.

Cause by all means that is holding the game hostage, which is banable iirc.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @BioX said:

    nope, its fully allowed, fun right? imagine if all killers just stared using this fully allowed tactic, never hook anyone, just down them and down them and leave them to bleed out....this game would die in a heartbeat if it wasnt for the good will of the players.

    And it's not gonna happen because we don't get anything from it. Now if we got rewarded for it, then maybe. But. No. And it never will happen

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2238043#Comment_2238043

    Games tell us a lot about people. How they play games is, in my experience, how they operate in person, their work, and their relationships. People who cheat a games, cheat elsewhere too. People who do sick crap in games just to troll people for kicks, well clearly that is how they get their kicks. So yeah, first impressions matter. We are judged by our actions and our ethics (or lack of them). People who play the game hard and do things to achieve game objectives are fine and dandy. People who go out of their way to torment the Player for no game purpose are demented losers.

    You put this a lot more eloquently than I could. I don't understand why people being mean spirited online are given a pass so often. It does say a lot about a person if they're going out of their way with the sole intention to ruin someone's fun and make their day worse.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    Letting people bleed out is rude, childish and an attempt to grief the PLAYER rather than just score points. It is bad sportsmanship. It isn't, however, against the rules because:

    1. It does not hold the game hostage (as the Mods and others already pointed out).
    2. It is still the same game as far as you are concerned, i.e. don't get caught and pick people up.
    3. It would be impossible to police, because most slugging is not with this intention.

    All in all, the defective person that does this is rare. Every once in awhile you run into the twit who picks you up, carries you over by the hatch, drops you and pretends to let you get it only to slam it on your face. You also get the ones that seem to be letting you crawl out but wait till the las second to pick you up. These things are contemptible because they aren't really done with any game goal in mind. It is, as I've already said, evidence of a seriously defective person, the kind that tortures small animals if given the chance. Fortunately they are few and far between.

    Most people that slug are doing it for tactical reasons.

    The hatch closing one happened to me last night xD it was literally the first time I have ever seen that or even had that happen to me. I was mad at first then I thought it was pretty funny. (What made it funny was at end game chat when the killer said, "Got EEM!" Lol) I couldn't even stay mad xD Still a douche move, though xD

  • @Avignon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2237653#Comment_2237653

    Eh, also depends alot on the killer. Twins are (in)famous for this but on the other hand the kit is kinda built for it. You can injure people, slug with Victor, park him near the slug go patrolling with charllote and if some unfortunate soul comes to pick the slug up, slug them too because killer instinct.

    Same goes for killers like Oni / Myers. Wana get as much value outa that T3 as possible.

    When I go against the Twins, all I ever see is Victor spam until everyone is slugged. I rarely see Charlotte move.

1 2 ›