Perks with unnecessary downsides: Left Behind

This perk let's you see the aura of the hatch within 24 meters of it while you are the last survivor.

You would think that with a perk dedicated solely to finding out where the hatch is, the range would be a bit higher, if not full-map. In 24 meters of the hatch, you could probably hear it from that close anyway.

Having to be the last survivor alive makes this perk borderline unusable and detrimental to the team. It's like Sole Survivor, where it's based on you outlasting your teammates, rather than all of you aiming to get out alive.

The only time I've seen this perk being played beyond green ranks is for the recent challenge. Now you know why.

Comments

  • They should buff the range to be 64/96/128 meters so it’s infinite range at tier 3

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    They should buff the range to be 64/96/128 meters so it’s infinite range at tier 3

    No, I don’t think it should be that the moment the third survivor dies, T3 Left Behind is pretty much an “auto” escape. Otherwise T3 Zanshin should show the killer where hatch is over an unlimited range too.

    As it stands, Current T3 Left Behind (32m) + Open Handed gives a 48m range, which already makes it easy to see from centralised areas of a map. (I do this during periods I’ve had endless matches of brain dead team mates)

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2236444#Comment_2236444

    No, I don’t think it should be that the moment the third survivor dies, T3 Left Behind is pretty much an “auto” escape. Otherwise T3 Zanshin should show the killer where hatch is over an unlimited range too.

    As it stands, Current T3 Left Behind (32m) + Open Handed gives a 48m range, which already makes it easy to see from centralised areas of a map. (I do this during periods I’ve had endless matches of brain dead team mates)

    i disagree because since your the only one left the perk will tell you where the hatch is that’s it but they make it have such a small range and also Zanshin tactics and this perk cannot be compared

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2236522#Comment_2236522

    i disagree because since your the only one left the perk will tell you where the hatch is that’s it but they make it have such a small range and also Zanshin tactics and this perk cannot be compared

    As it stands, taking in a key with current Left Behind guarantees an escape if the poo hits the fan, and the killer closes the hatch. There’s very little need to buff that kind of outcome.

    As for Zanshin, you’ve missed the point. It doesn’t matter whether it’s via Zanshin or by other perks/means, if survivors have access to a perk that offers map wide visibility of the Hatch, the killer should have something that gives them the same.

  • I don't think that it should even do what it does. Survivors should never be encouraged to let teammates die. Perks like Left Behind and Sole Survivor are just awful.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    I don't think that it should even do what it does. Survivors should never be encouraged to let teammates die. Perks like Left Behind and Sole Survivor are just awful.

    Agreed.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    I don't think that it should even do what it does. Survivors should never be encouraged to let teammates die. Perks like Left Behind and Sole Survivor are just awful.

    I think they should rework Sole Survivor so that it encourages you to keep your Teammates alive, i.e. it gets less effective as more of them die. A power that obscures your Aura while everyone is alive, is more likely to make you the Sole Survivor. The Range would be largest at the start (although ranges would have to be adjusted somewhat since everyone could take it), and shrink each time someone dies.

    The simple solution to Left Behind is that it must be triggered, not unlike Deliverance by some levels of Altruism. *And for that matter since Deliverance has a trigger, I think the Broken status should be removed from it. That is a tangent however. My point is Left Behind should not be able to trigger, period, unless one has helped one's Teammates with Altruism, i.e. have unhooked at least two SAFELY.