Why are killers locked from switching in the prematch startup?
I don't remember the reason why this was implemented, but it feels... bad. I assume it was to prevent experienced killers from quick swapping to your previously set up pup stomp killer, but survivors can still do that as well. Does anyone happen to know why this is a thing. I'm not necessarily objecting to the idea, I'm just confused is all.
Comments
It's for MMR, because each killer (character) is going to have a different rank. Otherwise you'll be facing the equivalent of good red rank survivors while trying to learn a new killer.
Oh. My bad, I take back my confused complaint then. Would this also happen to affect survivors as well?
No, because survivors are skins, and therefore they'll all have the same MMR.
Figured.
The developers were going to make individual Killers run on skill based MMR. To date they still haven’t done Jack #########. It’s annoying really.
Are going to do that. They ran a test of the MMR a while back and are working out the kinks. If it annoys you that they're trying to make the feature work the way it's supposed to, I don't know what to tell you.
They have repeatedly stated they are still working on the MMR system and it just isn’t ready yet..
I hate to sound like a nihilist, but I still feel like swf will still manage to bypass that system, it has happened in the past. Several times in fact, but maybe it'll be better. Hopefully.
Well.. so will probably killer players, as they have before.
... how? You mean rank resets? That's out of their control
Smurfing is a thing on both sides. Using an alt account or depipping on purpose.
you could say having different and therefore lower ranked survs in an SWF group can also be out of their control. And there are swfs that have that not intentional.
there are scummy players on both sides. And not only a few of those.
I'm talking about normally, swf by accident by passed each rework. This decision (still a good decision, I don't like it, but it's still a good decision) has broken through the walls Behavior has made, this is not taking into accounts of people purposely exploiting this, this just happens by accident.
What you said it true, people can depip and smurf, but through and through it was swf that unfortunately caused the most issues. Nothing against swf, but it caused a lot of issues. I hate going against them as killer, but saying they don't belong is a bad idea, an idea I used to have. I just wish... there was a way to balance it, you know?
Ah I got you now. I thought bypassing would mean a more active part from the swf players.
yeah, SWF is kinda breaking many things in the game, but without it the game would be dead within a few days..
Yeah, if they removed it, they would need to offer a huge compensation to at least make up for the decision. When I say huge, I mean huge