SWF over comms should be bannable.

Its not fair at all. If were gonna allow this in the game then why not make survivors move 2.0 ms and make then one hit by default. Its not fair because they can tell their teammates to bodyblock. Not to mention that its basically a free wallhack and i basically have to hide from them amd sneak if i wanna catch survivors. Also not to mention 1/2 of maps are survivor sided.

Comments

  • @JHondo said:

    I have a feeling this is bait but I'm gonna reply anyway.

    SWF is a mechanic made so people could play with their friends. Using Discord or any other comms to play is out of BHVRs hands. Most SWF play casually or to BM, the super sweaty squads do exist but they are the minority of swf players and pretty easy to identify though common usernames or the items they're bringing into the trial, usually double beamer toolbox and medkit and are almost always all on the same platform.

    Yes SWF is strong and yes comms can give an unfair advantage but banning them or saying they're cheating is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard in regards to this game.

    What needs to be done is find a way to give solos more info to bring them closer in line to swf and buff killers as needed to balance the new disparity.

    Thingis bhvr clearly encourages it conskdering the fact that theres a swf comms section on the discord

  • @Demogorgeouse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2232223#Comment_2232223

    Thingis bhvr clearly encourages it conskdering the fact that theres a swf comms section on the discord

    BINGO.

  • @Demogorgeouse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2232223#Comment_2232223

    Thingis bhvr clearly encourages it conskdering the fact that theres a swf comms section on the discord

    Bro they're literally encouraging it by having SWF, who in their right minds really thinks BHVR added a queue with your friends option and expected them not to talk to each other?

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2233513#Comment_2233513

    Bro they're literally encouraging it by having SWF, who in their right minds really thinks BHVR added a queue with your friends option and expected them not to talk to each other?

    Thenthey should buff killer. Give the 8.0 ms or sum

  • The only times I don't like SWF is if they all split up on gens and try and end the match in minutes.

  • You basically have to play with a swf & voice comm if you care about your own mental health - at least in red ranks against all the sweaty rank 1-3 killers with meta perks and purple add ons. I realized that after playing 10 hours of survivor in the last 3 days, playing alone and together with 1-3 people. The difference is huge.

    And no, i'm not a survivor main. I play mostly killer and yes, i get trashed by teams or by RNG sometimes. But to me it seems, as long as i play sweaty (not "fair") and with good perks and add ons (and not on Haddonfield etc.,), i will win against your usual red rank solo team. I'm not saying "killer OP!" because it definitely isn't like that, but solo needs a small buff - or you nerf swf's and balance the game around solo's.

    Don't get me wrong, the buffs for killers and the nerfs for some survivor sided elements (perks like OoO, DS and some map reworks) were justified. But it once again revealed the huge discrepancy between solo and swf. I know one guy who put hundreds of hours into killer gameplay, so that he can keep up in red ranks, and now he says that his usual matches have become so easy he rather plays survivor, where his win rate is much lower.

  • @SalmonDean said:

    When one Lord_Tony falls another one rises. 😞

    ikr

  • @Demogorgeouse said:

    Its not fair at all. If were gonna allow this in the game then why not make survivors move 2.0 ms and make then one hit by default. Its not fair because they can tell their teammates to bodyblock. Not to mention that its basically a free wallhack and i basically have to hide from them amd sneak if i wanna catch survivors. Also not to mention 1/2 of maps are survivor sided.

    bodyblocking is not even the main issue. Even solo players can body block, there is a reason the UI shows you the health states of the other survivors, so you know who to help out on your team

    The worst part of SWF comms is the fact you completely lose the element of surprise, and survivors can be extremely aggressive/efficient on gens as they know where the Killer is at all times

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2232784#Comment_2232784

    Wouldn't using video and sound cards to alter the game, not to mention playing around with the .ini files, also count as cheating since console can do none of those things?

    Arguably yes, depends on how far you want to go. Since DbD is nowhere near being a real competitive game I don't mind that too much but there certainly are games with tournaments with very strict rules. Take fighting games as an example. Games are locked at 60fps and there are very strict criteria which the controller/gamepad/fighting stick you use has to fulfill in order to be able to participate. For example - you're not allowed to use controllers with a turbo mode. If you're using a modified controller (you either built it yourself or you altered the layout/function/whatever of a retail controller) you'll have to provide your controller for further inspection.


    Not too sure what you're on about though tbh. Do you want to justify using comms by the existence of other "workarounds".

    Again - I'm not saying "ban comms lul". I'm mainly playing killer but I also do enjoy to play SWF with comms from time to time with my friends. I'm just honest about it with myself and accept that the very fact of using comms will most likely have a rather big positive impact on my matches most of the time.

  • I refuse to believe that this isn't bait

  • @NoOneKnowsNova said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2232784#Comment_2232784

    I guess the devs and mods are actively encouraging cheating then...by having rooms for swf comms on the official discord.

    Its undeniable that comms do increase the chances of survivors escaping...but it's also hard to deny the fact that, atleast from my experience, it's very rarely something noticeable.

    I've played weak killers like pre-rework Clown to strong killers like Blight, and comms are far from the biggest problem in dbd rn, but more so the gap between solo survivor and swf (something that needs improvement on the solo surv side while not making anything too strong).

    The devs actively encourage to grow their own player base. If comms had a negative impact on it then they wouldn't encourage it. They're a company and naturally, they want to increase their profit.

    I agree with everything else you've said though. Comms have the ability to vastly improve your performance but they also have the ability to vastly decrease your performance if someone is goofing around and you can't hear the killer for example. Or if it makes you play too obviously altruistic. So bottom line is that it probably evens out in the end. If used properly and efficiently then comms hold an undeniably huge power.


    That being said and as you've said - it's not close to being the biggest problem DbD has and yes the gap between solo and SWF is too big and creates a balance issue both sides have to suffer from.


    One possible solution would be to add a chat and maybe even a voice chat in the game and then re-balance DbD around the very fact that communication is available and an intended part of the game.

    Sure, one could argue that it's intended because there's an official discord but I think that's taking it too far. If it really was intended then there would be a chat available in game. It's not that hard to implement that and it also exists post game, so that's not an argument imo.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2232513#Comment_2232513

    The best we can do is get solos much more info and coordination capabilities to raise them toward SWF level then rebalance the killers around that, because I firmly believe SWF won't be touched.

    This is the most sensible and probably best solution we could have, yes.

  • i agree 100%. people shouldnt be able to talk to their friends, its too overpowered

  • Actually, I think BHVR just needs to offer in game comms. It's time to put everyone on the same level of play. If that ends up meaning that Killers need a little buff here and there, so be it.

  • @Schardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2233036#Comment_2233036

    Arguably yes, depends on how far you want to go. Since DbD is nowhere near being a real competitive game I don't mind that too much but there certainly are games with tournaments with very strict rules. Take fighting games as an example. Games are locked at 60fps and there are very strict criteria which the controller/gamepad/fighting stick you use has to fulfill in order to be able to participate. For example - you're not allowed to use controllers with a turbo mode. If you're using a modified controller (you either built it yourself or you altered the layout/function/whatever of a retail controller) you'll have to provide your controller for further inspection.

    Not too sure what you're on about though tbh. Do you want to justify using comms by the existence of other "workarounds".

    Again - I'm not saying "ban comms lul". I'm mainly playing killer but I also do enjoy to play SWF with comms from time to time with my friends. I'm just honest about it with myself and accept that the very fact of using comms will most likely have a rather big positive impact on my matches most of the time.

    My point was comms could be viewed as "cheating" kinda like the other methods I listed, depending on your pov.

    I wasn't trying to justify using comms, but they are a thing and aren't going anywhere, and potentially alter the balance greatly depending on how well they are used.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2235422#Comment_2235422

    My point was comms could be viewed as "cheating" kinda like the other methods I listed, depending on your pov.

    I wasn't trying to justify using comms, but they are a thing and aren't going anywhere, and potentially alter the balance greatly depending on how well they are used.

    Alright, I wasn't exactly sure how to interpret your comment.

    So we more or less agree on comms then I guess.


    I don't even want comms to go anywhere. I think SWF and comms is one of the main things that make this game grow because people love to play with their friends.


    The best solution is what you've already suggested - give solos a way to coordinate on the same level as SWFs can and re-balance killers /maps around that.

1 2 ›