Adept killer really needs to change

I know it has been brought up before, but damn, the requirements for this trophy are so damned unfair. I killed all 4 survivors using Michael Myers’ three perks 100% exactly the way they should be used and even though I got merciless killer I didn’t earn it. Why? Because his perks are dependent upon not touching the obsession and letting her escape chases, which makes it impossible to earn an iridescent chaser emblem. It’s total crap!

Comments

  • I agree, 4K would be enough for adept.

    Survivors can take adept only with escape, even they depip. But killers need to take +2 pip. That's ridicilous.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    Not to sound braggy but I have every killer adept in the game; I really don't see much of an issue with how the achievement works currently.

    But to earn Myers did you use his perks to the fullest or did you resort to M1ing everybody? Because we shouldn’t have to be doing that.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2219232#Comment_2219232

    I can't remember - I got the achievement three years ago 😅

    For the ones I did recently though I haven't had any problems. Even still it's only for one game. It's not like you're being forced to adopt an M1 playstyle for every future match. If you didn't have to go out of your way to get it then I don't think it would be too much of an achievement.

    I don’t consider resorting to M1 really going out of the way or an achievement at all. The point of adept should revolve around making your powers work, not ignoring them altogether. I got the Oni adept first try without even knowing how to use his abilities because he is a lot faster and his perks don’t actually handicap you by giving the obsession special abilities.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    Not to sound braggy but I have every killer adept in the game; I really don't see much of an issue with how the achievement works currently.

    You have to give your soul to the devil in order to get one killer adept.

  • When they finally implement mmr and start dropping everyone to rank 20 every reset the Adept will be easy to get, you don't even need a 4k at that rank to double pip.

  • I agree that the achievement for Killer Adept should just be "Kill all 4 survivors using only the default perks". There's a bunch of characters where playing efficiently and using all your powers will actually handicap you of the win because you're doing things too efficiently for the emblem system to notice it.

    Hag was one of the worst characters to adept because if you use her traps too well or win your game thanks to Devour Hope, you'll still likely end up with ruthless killer and not even be close to being merciless despite killing everyone.

  • @MrPsych said:

    I agree that the achievement for Killer Adept should just be "Kill all 4 survivors using only the default perks". There's a bunch of characters where playing efficiently and using all your powers will actually handicap you of the win because you're doing things too efficiently for the emblem system to notice it.

    Hag was one of the worst characters to adept because if you use her traps too well or win your game thanks to Devour Hope, you'll still likely end up with ruthless killer and not even be close to being merciless despite killing everyone.

    In Myers case they could at least take his tokens into account. I had them all mostly maxed out by the end for crying out loud.

  • @CountVampyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2219296#Comment_2219296

    In Myers case they could at least take his tokens into account. I had them all mostly maxed out by the end for crying out loud.

    In order to get Adept Myers I used Infinite Tier 3. I don't know how did that work, but it did. Maybe you could give it a try.

  • All insta-down killers have a problem with the Chaser emblem if you rely too much on the insta-down, since it literally cuts your chases in half. I had the same issue with Bubba when I did his, I had to make an effort to not chainsaw everyone, but to also m1 some healthy survivors too, in order to get more chaser points.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2219223#Comment_2219223

    You have to give your soul to the devil in order to get one killer adept.

    Is the devil hot and named Sebastian? If so, I'm getting the adepts I have left.

  • Tried it again, and didn’t focus on any obsession crap. Killed all four. Earned 3 iridescents and a bronze chaser. Still didn’t earn it. Killer rank is 19. Starting to think that it’s hopeless.