Is the game good at the moment?

So Im on a break still, the game just seemed to be stagnant and going towards a bad direction (for me)

I was killer main at rank 1 whenever i played a bit more and my issues were mostly bugs + some things i didnt like on the survivor side (keys and 4 stacks for the most)

I never played Moris, I never played Noed ( except for nurse where i was bad at and played an endgame build so I can practice her blinks without other perks and maybe get some value at the end of the game)

But especially since i play console and because of all the lags and freezes I just didnt want me to play the game anymore.

I made posts of the same tpic some time ago, i just want some opinions about the game being more playable now (progress especially on consoles) so i can come back, or if the game is still in a "meh" spot and comming back wouldnt be a good idea.

What would you guys say? Good time to come back or not?

last killer I played was PH so everything after that is kinda new.

Note: last time I asked the advice was to not come back

Have a nice day if you read :)

Comments

  • I think it depends. If we take balance, and balance only, the game is in a good state right now. But if we take a look at player ambience and the game's atmosphere, for example, than things are at their worst, in my opinion.

    On many aspects the game was better in the past. Technically, I play the game for what it once was, not for what it currently is.

  • The game is in a pretty good state right now. Maps are still unbalanced and some killers are still way too strong but for the most part the game is pretty balanced

  • @GeneralV said:

    I think it depends. If we take balance, and balance only, the game is in a good state right now. But if we take a look at player ambience and the game's atmosphere, for example, than things are at their worst, in my opinion.

    On many aspects the game was better in the past. Technically, I play the game for what it once was, not for what it currently is.

    I think the ambience has improved honestly. The graphical redesigns of killers and maps really help it imo

  • So we got Twins,who are pretty good but unfun to play as and against imo

    And Trickster who is absolute trash,especially on console (Not the worst killer in the game but not amazing either)

    Blights POV got fixed and he's actually playable on console now 🙌

    Keys are still the same as they always have been

    Optimization is still bad if not slightly worse because you now you get FPS drops/screen freezes from things like Prove Thyself or Leader appearing on your screen + Hooks and Unhooks

    Map Reworks we got so far are whatever.They didn't improve their gameplay at all.But at least they look better i guess.

  • I think with the new chapter coming up, it’s a great time to get back into the game. The Stranger Things dlc brought a lot of life to the game, including many new players, so I’m excited. This is the most balanced perks have been that I can remember too.

  • @RayrafLPP said:

    So Im on a break still, the game just seemed to be stagnant and going towards a bad direction (for me)

    I was killer main at rank 1 whenever i played a bit more and my issues were mostly bugs + some things i didnt like on the survivor side (keys and 4 stacks for the most)

    I never played Moris, I never played Noed ( except for nurse where i was bad at and played an endgame build so I can practice her blinks without other perks and maybe get some value at the end of the game)

    But especially since i play console and because of all the lags and freezes I just didnt want me to play the game anymore.

    I made posts of the same tpic some time ago, i just want some opinions about the game being more playable now (progress especially on consoles) so i can come back, or if the game is still in a "meh" spot and comming back wouldnt be a good idea.

    What would you guys say? Good time to come back or not?

    last killer I played was PH so everything after that is kinda new.

    Note: last time I asked the advice was to not come back

    Have a nice day if you read :)

    I say, wait to see what they announce in the 5th Anniversary stream. If you're not interested in what they show off then you can just continue to stay away from the game.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2213767#Comment_2213767

    I think the ambience has improved honestly. The graphical redesigns of killers and maps really help it imo

    Well, more power to you I guess. I hate the Realm Beyond, as it destroys everything it touches. At least in my opinion.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2213776#Comment_2213776

    Well, more power to you I guess. I hate the Realm Beyond, as it destroys everything it touches. At least in my opinion.

    The on,y issue I have with them is breakable walls. They add absolutely nothing

  • Hate to be a negative Nancy, but based on what you’re saying- it’s probably not best to come back just yet. Have you upgraded to next gen? Cause I saw a thread on here two weeks ago talking about how bad the frame rate & freezing/lag spikes are on the 8th gen consoles. The vanilla xbox one being the biggest offender. If you upgraded to a PS5 or Series X/S, then you can scratch that off the list. Those two are optimized. Keys still haven’t been reworked. Four stacks are still around kicking ass and taking names. Quite a few changes have been made like the OOO & DS nerfs. From what i gather from the community, it’s still not enough to put a dent in 4 man SWF’s. Watch the stream today and hopefully everything will be addressed for the upcoming summer chapter.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2213828#Comment_2213828

    The on,y issue I have with them is breakable walls. They add absolutely nothing

    Yeah, but Breakable Walls are just part of a larger problem, imo. Every map looks worse, imo.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2213865#Comment_2213865

    Yeah, but Breakable Walls are just part of a larger problem, imo. Every map looks worse, imo.

    Really? I mean comparing a map like dead dawg to haddonfield you can clearly tell one looks better

    or even trapper with his current redesign. His mask looks so much cooler

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2213897#Comment_2213897

    Really? I mean comparing a map like dead dawg to haddonfield you can clearly tell one looks better

    or even trapper with his current redesign. His mask looks so much cooler

    Yes, I mean every word. Haddonfield is currently bugged, if I am not mistaken, but if you take its original version:

    image.png

    It looks gorgeous, it looks good. Same goes for Disturbed Ward, the Chapel, MacMillan, Autohaven, Badham, the Game... Well, all of them.

    As for the characters, they shouldn't even receive changes to begin with. Just because you can change something, doesn't mean you should.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2213913#Comment_2213913

    Yes, I mean every word. Haddonfield is currently bugged, if I am not mistaken, but if you take its original version:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/HDK6LGT7DZPO/image.png

    It looks gorgeous, it looks good. Same goes for Disturbed Ward, the Chapel, MacMillan, Autohaven, Badham, the Game... Well, all of them.

    As for the characters, they shouldn't even receive changes to begin with. Just because you can change something, doesn't mean you should.

    I will agree the lighting in that image is great but the textures look pretty bad. The walls of the house look terrible and the pumpkin looks plastic

    Also I miss iri perks they looked so much cooler :(

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2213929#Comment_2213929

    I will agree the lighting in that image is great but the textures look pretty bad. The walls of the house look terrible and the pumpkin looks plastic

    Also I miss iri perks they looked so much cooler :(

    If you would like to, check out this thread:

    @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2204806#Comment_2204806

    Pardon the intrusion, but if I may share my opinion on the matter I completely agree with @Yords and @Pukenplag. The atmosphere / ambience was much better in the past, prior to the Realm Beyond. Of course, bringing the Fog back would help, but I don't think it is enough.

    An example which shows it pretty well is Disturbed Ward. If we take its original version:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2OD1EMTLODR1/image.png

    We can see how everything looked like. Just by seeing the Fog, the general style of the map... everything looked creepy. You know this isn't natural, you know this mysterious Entity transformed this place into hunting grounds. It looks scary, it looks good.

    And if we take its current version, it looks like... an empty wasteland? It doesn't feel right to me. And I believe this exact same idea applies to most, if not all, reworked maps.

    In the very end we talked a little bit about maps and I think it explains better what I am trying to say.

    As for Iri Perks, they sure look good!

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2213954#Comment_2213954

    If you would like to, check out this thread:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2205158#Comment_2205158

    In the very end we talked a little bit about maps and I think it explains better what I am trying to say.

    As for Iri Perks, they sure look good!

    I actually did forget to mention that I think disturbed ward is the only map that actually looks worse. The style is weird compared to the old one and it’s way to cluttered.

    I still prefer the rest though especially Thompson house

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2213969#Comment_2213969

    I actually did forget to mention that I think disturbed ward is the only map that actually looks worse. The style is weird compared to the old one and it’s way to cluttered.

    I still prefer the rest though especially Thompson house

    Well, I don't. I would return to the old maps without hesitation if I could.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2213979#Comment_2213979

    Well, I don't. I would return to the old maps without hesitation if I could.

    Fair enough though I still have ptsd from the ironworks window

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2213987#Comment_2213987

    Fair enough though I still have ptsd from the ironworks window

    Ah yes, THAT window.

    It was very annoying to deal with, I will give you that. But I would deal with even Old DS to return. If having a worse balance is a price to pay in order to have a better experience, then so be it.

  • It's still good and you should play the game, the Killers misses you on the fog and willing to be played with.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    if you did not get a ps5 or new xbox, console version is still garbage

    Your garbage for saying stuff about peoples consoles.