My new Survivor pet peeve
When Survivor teammates take chases that BRING the Killer to the area where gens are being worked on.
Like come on. It's Survivor 101 to hold W in the direction away from the objective. It's especially annoying when they're coming back to a gen they've worked on so they KNOW it has progress. If you're being chased, stay the heck away doesn't even matter if you go down.
The time you're saving the Killer by interrupting the gen and going down within short walking distance to come back is NOT WORTH IT under any circumstances.
Comments
Might not know there's a gen being worked on where they're running.
Might not know there's a gen over there at all.
Might be running into a dead zone if they don't run your way.
It's a mite bit difficult to keep track of when you're running for your life.
my pet peeve is teammates cutting off my sprint burst, wasting a ton of distance. bills in particular seem to be incapable of leaving a gen after its been completed
I'm guilty of doing this purposefully on occasion.
If I'm on death hook and I know you aren't, I honestly don't care about your (or even the teams) well-being enough to avoid you. I will gladly deliver the killer to an objective in hopes that he'll branch off, hit the person on the generator, and I can take over or run to safety in their stead. Heck, it's one of the many reasons I run Bond + Open Handed. Don't worry though, I'm not doing it out of spite or to help the killer - I just value my life over the teams at that point.
But don't worry, I'm more than willing to run to your aid if you're on death hook and I'm not.
I might be an arse sometimes, but I'm a fair one.
Oh I know there's a gen getting worked there. I'm still coming.
I know there's a gen there at all. Still coming.
I know how to avoid the dead zone and get him away from the generator. I chose not to.
And I'm keeping track of everyone. Here I come.
Because I'm doing it on purpose.
And I'm going to do it again. And again. Forever.
sometimes the team just needs a little encouragement to play altruistically, no big deal
If they know the gen's being worked on and they don't have an extremely good reason to need the killer off of them, it's stupid, but oftentimes without comms, people don't know where the current gens are and it's just bad luck the jungle gym they ran to had an active gen in it. There's been times I realized the space I was going to was occupied and tried to veer away, but by the time I'm in hearing distance, so is the killer, so they'll often switch targets regardless of what you do at that point.