Your plan to 'keep players out of rank 15-20' isn't working, BHVR

I don't know whether this player has modded their save file to put them to Rank 20, or whether Rank Reset is putting them from 15 to 20, but your plan for keeping players out of grey ranks isn't working.
I've known for a while now, realising after getting a rank reset when I was still Rank 16, that Rank Reset can put someone's rank in the 15-20 zone.
I went from 16-19 or something once. Or maybe I went 16-20.
It's impossible for this player to have had saved up enough bloodpoints to unlock Deliverance on Adam (which is unlockable at level 35 keep in mind) and then get it to Tier 3 on Feng Min, without having played the game enough to get out of the 15-20 zone, let alone Rank 20 itself.
Unless they played the hell out of Killer games the past few weeks since Shattered Bloodlines came out. That alone I cannot prove.
An idea for this is to, instead of matching by rank, match players by Account Level (as someone said once before). Though Account Level may not be a proper indicator for skill, it's much more meaningful than your terribly-made Ranking System.
Or you could instead add player stats to the game and base matchmaking off of a player's own gameplay statistics. But I don't think putting statistics in the game is a good way to go because it'll likely become the new 'I'm Rank 1 Killer and Survivor' argument.
Or, simply put... prevent Rank Reset itself from putting players between 15 and 20. Let players be put onto 15, yes, but no higher.
Comments
When there are no other players at your rank, matchmaking will take a larger group of ranks into account.
I heard several times that queue time is insane for beginners, the whole rank 20-15 idea was completely nonsense if you ask me
If you took a look at the Rank 20's perk, that's definitely not a beginner.
This is someone who deranked down to Rank 15 then went through a few Rank Resets without playing Survivor the whole time just to play games as a Survivor at Rank 20 with metas.
This shouldn't be a thing, and yet it is.
It's a poor implementation of a ranking system all together. But, as we see with the killer victory cube, vanishing act performed by the survivor victory cube followed by emblems, the devs do not care about making anything better. They need to push out patches because their business model demands it. It does not demand quality because we all were poor customers for getting roped into all of this.
I sometimes get rank 1s & 2s in my low/mid rank lobbies.
It's due to SWF. (Apparently.)
As if i didn't despise that mode enough...
Shouldn't be that way.
The fact that he killed them, doesn't matter.
Good god my dude, who hurt you?
It's the fact that this player is sitting at Rank 20 Survivor with metas on their characters as to bash noobs with meta stuff.
This isn't the first case of 'Rank 15-20 Noob Stomper with metas' I've seen either. If anything, while BHVR have made it more difficult to stay at the low ranks to bully noobs, they have not made it impossible.
Which is what it should be - impossible. The fact that I got four kills that match has no bearing on the fact that this player can be trolling and being toxic to players who actually are new to the game
For what reason? Funny moments montages? Genuinely being an ass?
Either way, what this player's doing can put off newer players from actually playing the game. That's my problem - I want more people playing Dead By Daylight, we all do. But it's players like this who don't let us have such nice things.
Thanks for explaining that to them, Tsulan. Just barely beat my post, lol.
Just beat you to that.
Noob ranks are a good thing. But people found a way to bypass it, to stomp noobs. Which is really bad. Since new players could be scared away, because of those players.
This game is incredibly addicting. It's a shame if new players get roflstomped away.
ikr heck I'm still trying to get to green ranks with my p1jake (have bad games like minor lag probably my bad for broadcasting my games) or my most common issue is having 3man swf teams loading in and getting me tunnled by blowing my gens unsafe hooks making noise using bond to find me as there running all that bs)
And yeah, I also like to prestige a character I never play, 3 times. Because #########'s n giggles.
Bold move...
With the program, you don't directly modify your game files, though. I would just say what the program does but I don't want to risk getting forum banned. I know a handful of people that do this and none of them are banned (they also do other questionable things, that's besides the point). It has a weirdly low ban risk, I've never heard of someone getting banned from it.
I believe its totally ok for someone that took a half a year break from DBD to start at rank 20 again
Just like MLGA basically then.
Also I cant see how you could change your rank without messing with the game files.... but apprently EAC doesnt detect it, and since the devs completely rely on EAC....
Regardless, he got less than 4k BP and thus did next to nothing before dying. Sounds like a lot of complaining about nothing to me.
Same goes for you. You said it took you 5 months to reach rank 20.
This isn't something to be proud of.
Noob stomping is something despicable.
Someone gets it. I'm a new player, and already prepared to just shelve the game because of that BS. To save post time (I just woke-up), I already faced Survivors last night at Rank 20 Killer with damned Bloody Clothes. And more than once last night, too.
Here's what I said, just scroll up to my Original Post in the thread: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/171658#Comment_171658
New players should not be facing Vets when trying to learn that game, never mind doing the Asian grind for bloodpoints and the RNG bloodweb rewards.
I've been rank 1 survivor solo put into games with all rank <18 players, including the killer who had 1 perk. MM is borked sometimes. Also if all they do is make unsafe hooks and run away from you then they won't pip so they can stay at low ranks for a long time.
I think I'm currently a rank 18 killer and I've been playing the game for going on a year(I started playing when Freddy came out). I just don't play killer much because the first person makes me really sick. However, since I've been playing a year my killers have a lot of perks and items. I know the new survivors are at a disadvantage because of it so I play pretty chill. With how little I can play killer it's going to take me a while even with the new system to get to 15.
Jesus. Have you guys ever known someone to be a really bad player? I have a friend that loves the game and has played casually since release. He has NEVER left rank 20 as survivor and has his Meg maxed. That screenshot doesn't surprise me.
It's ez.
The real trolls and toxic ones will wait 2 rank resets to start form rank 20 again, just because. And try extra hard just to mess with the killers and try to not pip and crap like that.
All they gotta do is play CIV 5 for a while and then come back.