I think Wraith is REALLY good now

It's weird how Wraith went from being a pile of dookie to actually being very good and fun. I love the spot he is in. I still see questions the a few amount of people thinking he's not all that great. I'm having a ton of success with him this week and just pure fun. I wanna see what others think of him because I think he can be highly underestimated at times now.

Comments

  • His movement speed while cloaked was literally the only major issue he had. If you used windstorm he was always pretty good

  • @Phasmamain said:

    His movement speed while cloaked was literally the only major issue he had. If you used windstorm he was always pretty good

    Well I'm mainly talking about his base kit

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/250971/i-think-wraith-is-really-good-now

    I think he was in a good spot before his post cloak lunge. I think he's a little too good with add ons now. I dumpster groups with him now. But he's not completly broken like nurse or spirit.

    None of them are broken

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    It's weird how Wraith went from being a pile of dookie to actually being very good and fun. I love the spot he is in. I still see questions the a few amount of people thinking he's not all that great. I'm having a ton of success with him this week and just pure fun. I wanna see what others think of him because I think he can be highly underestimated at times now.

    Yes, he is indeed great. After his rework, he was still kind of unsatisfying to play, especially because his lunge was useless after uncloaking. Since they fixed that issue too, Wraith is one of the most fun killers to play and (at least for me) to go against. BHVR really did a great job.

  • I hadn't played Wraith on a regular basis since late 2019, but decided to give him a shot recently and things felt so much better. I think he is in a really good spot right now.

  • He still isn't really good, but I would say that he's fairly balanced around average players now. He is still on the weaker end of that balance given that once he is uncloaked he has 0 chase potential, however he can make up for it a little with map pressure and occasionally a hit from his uncloak boost. Any killer who has no way of consistently gaining hits aside from an m1 is not going to ever be strong against good survivors, as an m1 killer can be played around incredibly easily by high skill survivors.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2201502#Comment_2201502

    Oh. But some of them truly are lol. Wraith would of been in a good spot with and without them. Without the super lunge

    Saying a killer is broken just tells people you don't know how to play against them. Being boring doesn't make anyone broken.

  • With the right addons wraith is very good. No addons is just decent, maybe B tier. With strong addons though I think you can argue A tier

  • @SkeletalElite said:

    With the right addons wraith is very good. No addons is just decent, maybe B tier. With strong addons though I think you can argue A tier

    Even at B that's still pretty good in my opinion. I think B is still good.

  • He is really good. Can confirm

  • Meh no higher than low B tier imo.

    He cant be any higher because he still has nothing in chase after he gets that first hit, and his mobility isnt too great when compared to blight or hillbilly for example.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2201614#Comment_2201614

    I know how to play against him. I just know what some of his add ons can do

    I'm not talking about Wraith. I'm talking about Nurse and Spirit because you mentioned them.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2201646#Comment_2201646

    Oh got ya. But it's still no secret nurse and spirit are broken. Spirit literally has no counter play. And while nurse has some with breaking LOS, doubling back, etc. A god nurse like SupaAlf, Bandito, etc. There's no counter play at that point

    For Nurse, try breaking line of site. Works very well I tell ya. For Spirit, spread out. Do separate gens and you can do very well.

  • He’s alright. Pretty average imho. He definitely excels vs. weaker survivors and can actually hold his own vs decent survivors pretty consistently. Great at weak loops and unsafe pallets but relatively bad at strong loops and safe pallets.

  • Hopefully they will nerf him


    He basically has a free hit

  • @Rich2015 said:

    Hopefully they will nerf him

    He basically has a free hit

    To be fair isn’t that stealth killers gimmick?

  • His basekit is good. Add-ons push him over the top, imho.

  • @Rich2015 said:

    Hopefully they will nerf him

    He basically has a free hit

    Nerf? What? I feel like you must be talking about someone completely different.