A list of changes that I think will drastically improve the game
Ok, so I have been playing DBD since 2018 and have a good grasp on the game and all of its mechanics. I wanted list out all of the changes that I would like to see in order to keep me playing. Idk why its numbered the way it is. That just helps my brain.
1. Hit validation needs to be fixed. This issue has plagued the game endlessly since dedicated servers were implemented. This should be the teams number one priority. Hitting or missing a survivor needs to be consistent on both players screens under all circumstances. The amount of frustration this issue has caused is incalculable.
2. Survivors need to be given a secondary objective that needs to be completed. Gens fly by painfully fast in most matches and killers can only counter this by cheesing with slow down perks or capitalizing on survivor mistakes or good map rng for the killer. This secondary objective can take any form really as long as it takes time. Like collecting gears for the gens or something.
3. Perks shouldn't exist to solve problems with the games core design like slow down perks or anti tunnel perks. So just change up the perks that do exist designs to be more fun and instead make there old effect a base mechanic along with freeing up some perk slots. With the new survivor objective or objectives added these past perks can effectively buff survivors to compensate.
4. Decisive strike needs to be a base mechanic and needs one change. Ds needs to pause whenever being chased. This is to stop needless tunneling.
5. Camaraderie needs to be base too. But instead it needs to pause the hook timer when the killers too close. This is to stop needless camping.
6. Something like kindred needs to be a base mechanic too minus seeing the unhooked teammates. It helps give survivors the info their teammate is being camped.
7. Hatch needs an opening time. Maybe 3 seconds?
8. Opening gate progress should degrade over time when the gate isn't being worked on. Survivors 99 gates to effectively remove end game collapse entirely as a mechanic.
9. Survivor grunts of pain volume need to be equalized across all survivors. Having survivors be louder or quieter just doesn't make sense whether its intentional or not.
Anything else I could think of would just be small balance tweaks that are killer specific along with other stuff. If you did read all of this, good job! I hope I covered most of my thoughts thoroughly enough.
Comments
All of details would be subject to tweaks. It's all just a rough idea of some things. A few numbers one way or another can really balance it out. With a new objective added the opposite of the game being stale would happen I have to say. They could even implement new perks around it.
4.DS does not need to be base. Tunneling is a valid strategy and the killer should not be punished for it especially since there are times where it is beneficial; it is their only objective and should not be punished for working towards finishing it. We cannot keep using perks as band-aid fixes to game design.
5.Same reason for DS not being base, Camping is a valid strategy and the killer should not be punished for doing their only objective. It also would hardly do anything and only make the game more boring for the hooked survivor.
If the game were balanced a good direction killers wouldn't have to play like that. Idk about you but I don't have fun playing that when I'm killer or the survivor. The only reason would be to make up for gens being so fast.
I'm against universal anti tunnel/camping mechanics like that. for example, situation, I hook someone, run across the map, they get unhooked, run across the map directly into me. I'm fine if they spent a perk slot to make that situation bad for me, but I don't want a default built in game mechanic punishing me for downing a survivor who offered themselves up on a silver platter.
Same thing with camping, I don't want a base mechanic that punishes me, for example, if I hook someone, and one of their allies loops me around the hooked survivor instead of leading me away. That's the survivors failure not mine.
Both situations i described happen to me as killer relatively often, even in single digit ranks.
It doesn't matter as long as the gens dont get done in 3 minutes and if a survivor runs across the map to ds you they are not doing gens and probably out of ds. That's their dumb mistake. As far as them looping around hook, you shouldn't be there. They die faster the faster they get unhooked.
Right, but if I hook someone, and someone else is right near the hook, and I start chasing them, and they loop me around the hook instead of leaving, I shouldn't be punished for that.