Dying out a gate

Being in the "dying" state when you escape should count as a sacrifice. This will help get survivors out the door and fix the time that killers just have to wait for the survivors to end the game.

Comments

  • Except they crawled to safety before actually dying....

    Death in DBD is Bleeding out before you can get help, being sacrificed to the Entity, or being killed by the hands of the killer.

    The gate is the safe place the survivors ESCAPE to...meaning if they crawl through it then someone on the other side can save them.

    So.... no. Once the gates are opened survivors can only "stall" the game for 4 minutes maximum. And, let's be real, the most the game is usually stalled is less than a min or two. Meanwhile as a killer I just run around and break more stuff for the points. If the survivors want to stand there for a minute while I grab some points - more power to them.

  • "It's ok. Once we get to that point I go play a different version of the game until the survivors decide to release me!"


    Wow, such fun.

  • @Ravnos1313 said:

    Being in the "dying" state when you escape should count as a sacrifice. This will help get survivors out the door and fix the time that killers just have to wait for the survivors to end the game.

    I get what you're trying to go for, but there's collateral damage to your suggestion. I have had a match where my friend was downed just outside the exit gate, and I managed to distract the killer long enough for her to crawl through the exit zone and out of the trial. That kind of scenario shouldn't be taken away.

    If all survivors are in the exit zones and no one is downed, the EGC should progress twice as fast. That's a much more tailored solution.