Solo Play mode

I have a real hankering to play DBD today.

After two games I'm just ugh. 1 star game experience, just ugh.

Please make a custom play mode with bots for solo play. I'd love to keep playing tonight but the community has once again turned me off it.

Comments

  • I would love if we had such mode, but only if they allowed us to customise the living ######### out of it. I am talking about playing on older maps, with older killer powers, and even older perks.

  • That would take SO much resources that DBD would have to literally sell it as a DLC option for quite a bit of money. Have you ever played against/with bots - even the best ones are stupidly easy to beat or so stupid they are of no help.

    Any type of bot play would have to be treated like customs - No BP earned and no ability to complete dailies/rift challenges. This would be so easily exploitable otherwise.

    If you played killer you would easily kill everyone even with decent bots. Who would choose the survivor perks you would go against? Seems kinda OP if you get to choose each survivor perk - as then you would know how to easily counter them.

    As a survivor you would easily escape the killer. And who would choose the killer and their perks? Seems a bit much being able to choose the killer and their perks.

    Seems super boring to me.

  • @Jasix said:

    That would take SO much resources that DBD would have to literally sell it as a DLC option for quite a bit of money. Have you ever played against/with bots - even the best ones are stupidly easy to beat or so stupid they are of no help.

    Any type of bot play would have to be treated like customs - No BP earned and no ability to complete dailies/rift challenges. This would be so easily exploitable otherwise.

    If you played killer you would easily kill everyone even with decent bots. Who would choose the survivor perks you would go against? Seems kinda OP if you get to choose each survivor perk - as then you would know how to easily counter them.

    As a survivor you would easily escape the killer. And who would choose the killer and their perks? Seems a bit much being able to choose the killer and their perks.

    Seems super boring to me.

    Then don’t buy or play it.

    A bot will never replace the capability of a human player but plenty of online pvp games have a solo mode and they are generally fun to play.

    Obviously it would have to be a custom game set up with no progression attached to it. The goal isn’t to replace the main game but rather supplement it with the option for solo play.

    If it was a dlc add on I’d buy it.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2198568#Comment_2198568

    Then don’t buy or play it.

    A bot will never replace the capability of a human player but plenty of online pvp games have a solo mode and they are generally fun to play.

    Obviously it would have to be a custom game set up with no progression attached to it. The goal isn’t to replace the main game but rather supplement it with the option for solo play.

    If it was a dlc add on I’d buy it.

    I wouldn't buy or play it. One of the main draws of DBD for me is to play against other humans who have to make choices. I have played multiplayer games with bot adversaries and find them to be boring and predictably easy. I doubt DBD will ever venture into this realm, but hey if they do - have fun.

  • @Jasix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2199231#Comment_2199231

    I wouldn't buy or play it. One of the main draws of DBD for me is to play against other humans who have to make choices. I have played multiplayer games with bot adversaries and find them to be boring and predictably easy. I doubt DBD will ever venture into this realm, but hey if they do - have fun.

    To each their own. I don't crave a pvp experience I'd rather a thematic horror survival game experience. You're right that it would never replace a human opponent but I sometimes just enjoy having a muck about in solo mode. Its what often keeps me coming back to games like DBD. Itsd especially true with game that are a dumpster fire multiplayer like F13, the solo play i sall that keeps me having the occasional game of that.