Story time (Plague)

So I went solo queue last night and we went against plague she found me first I ran her around until she gave up on me I don't cleanse because I don't want to give her vile purge so she finds other survivors who happened to cleanse second after getting infected I still haven't cleansed whole match even tho all 3 randoms did multiple times I worked on gens alone whole match injured eventually they all fed her with unlimited power and all died I got a hatch... So the point is Solo queue is same as staying on beach in 1 pm in midlle of June... Deadly!

I do believe swf is overpowered in certain situations but unfortunately I find it only way I would actually play this game...

Comments

  • You should have cleansed. Forcing a fountain reset is much better than staying sick, injured, easily trackable and having to avoid everyone.

  • In solo q if your whole team is cleansing you are better off cleansing too. Just cleanse in the areas away from gens and where plague has to go way out of her way to get corrupt purge.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    You should have cleansed. Forcing a fountain reset is much better than staying sick, injured, easily trackable and having to avoid everyone.

    I never cleanse against plague until pool resets she can pick power 3 times enough to stomp whole squad like the one I got matched with

  • @SeannyD115 said:

    In solo q if your whole team is cleansing you are better off cleansing too. Just cleanse in the areas away from gens and where plague has to go way out of her way to get corrupt purge.

    Yeah true but I was first one infected and they did saw I stayed infected and they all cleansed in like 10 seconds together so I was just mad lol

  • @justbecause said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2196640#Comment_2196640

    I never cleanse against plague until pool resets she can pick power 3 times enough to stomp whole squad like the one I got matched with

    Sounds like you need to adapt more, had you cleansed along with your team you could have denied the killer a ton of power. Playing against the plague now is alot different then on her release.

  • @ClumsyTrapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2196644#Comment_2196644

    Sounds like you need to adapt more, had you cleansed along with your team you could have denied the killer a ton of power. Playing against the plague now is alot different then on her release.

    Or they could adept and deny whole her power in total and cleanse at endgame... We did all gens tho but she had unlimited source of her power and she stomped whole team except me that found hatch

  • @justbecause said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2196661#Comment_2196661

    Or they could adept and deny whole her power in total and cleanse at endgame... We did all gens tho but she had unlimited source of her power and she stomped whole team except me that found hatch

    The plague starts the trial with one active fountain and can bring up to 2 more through add-ons, the big take away you should learn from this is you can't control others or their actions only your own.

    By sticking to your never cleanse strat you were always injured so you going in for a safe unhook was never an option and the fountains were never reset to rob the killer of her power, the single biggest contribution you could have made.

    By not adjusting You left your team to play a 3 v killer

  • @ClumsyTrapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2196670#Comment_2196670

    The plague starts the trial with one active fountain and can bring up to 2 more through add-ons, the big take away you should learn from this is you can't control others or their actions only your own.

    By sticking to your never cleanse strat you were always injured so you going in for a safe unhook was never an option and the fountains were never reset to rob the killer of her power, the single biggest contribution you could have made.

    By not adjusting You left your team to play a 3 v killer

    I know what are her add ons shz had no extra coorupt pools and she starts with one and after she picks it it's gone bye bye she can maybe get 1 down with that one pool unlike unlimited power they fed her with I think we all know how powerful corrupt is and if they wanted to feed her with it it's on them I haven't cleansed I did 4 gens 2 unhooks and found hatch and ran her around for 2 mins until smarties decided to cleanse all in same time instead doing gens while I'm wasting her time

  • @ClumsyTrapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2196670#Comment_2196670

    The plague starts the trial with one active fountain and can bring up to 2 more through add-ons, the big take away you should learn from this is you can't control others or their actions only your own.

    By sticking to your never cleanse strat you were always injured so you going in for a safe unhook was never an option and the fountains were never reset to rob the killer of her power, the single biggest contribution you could have made.

    By not adjusting You left your team to play a 3 v killer

    I don't see how I'm wrong one in this situation? I'm running her around they cleanse all in same time and do nothing because they won't touch gen because it's infected

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    You make it sound like never cleansing is the way to go against a Plague, which isn't true. You need to see how the match is going, which map, where the fountains are and how the killers playstyle is for example, and then decide if cleansing is good or not. In your case cleansing might have been the better option because everyone did it anyway, so you can reset her fountains faster.

    I had Plague matches where never cleansing got me 4ks because of the easy tracking and 1 hit, and 4 man escapes because the people where great loopers. I had matches where always cleansing got me 4ks because unlimited power, and 4 man escapes because all that cleansing denied me my power.

    Improvise, Adapt, Overcome :P

    There's place and time to cleanse and not cleanse immediately and than do nothing because u don't want them touch infected gen

  • @justbecause said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2196640#Comment_2196640

    I never cleanse against plague until pool resets she can pick power 3 times enough to stomp whole squad like the one I got matched with

    Speaking as a Plague main, you really, really should have cleansed. It would have both contributed towards a power reset and enabled you to be more involved with the rest of your team. Very few Plagues are good enough or experienced enough to know what to do in such a situation.

  • @ClumsyTrapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2196670#Comment_2196670

    The plague starts the trial with one active fountain and can bring up to 2 more through add-ons, the big take away you should learn from this is you can't control others or their actions only your own.

    By sticking to your never cleanse strat you were always injured so you going in for a safe unhook was never an option and the fountains were never reset to rob the killer of her power, the single biggest contribution you could have made.

    By not adjusting You left your team to play a 3 v killer

    A very good explaination. Plague is one of the killers where the players have to be extremely adaptable, both the killer and the survivors.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2196644#Comment_2196644

    Speaking as a Plague main, you really, really should have cleansed. It would have both contributed towards a power reset and enabled you to be more involved with the rest of your team. Very few Plagues are good enough or experienced enough to know what to do in such a situation.

    Not really there's no point of cleansing smart plague infects gens and if I cleanse I can't do gens otherwise I'm getting injured before 30% of gen progress I'll rather stay injured unlike them who did cleansing simulator and did nothing for being afraid of touching gens to get injured again

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2196644#Comment_2196644

    Speaking as a Plague main, you really, really should have cleansed. It would have both contributed towards a power reset and enabled you to be more involved with the rest of your team. Very few Plagues are good enough or experienced enough to know what to do in such a situation.

    Let me give u example Claudette and I were on gen with 60% progress plague chased us off and infected gen and Claudette refused to come back to work on it because it was infected I'm sorry but do gens and stay injured

  • @justbecause said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2196699#Comment_2196699

    Not really there's no point of cleansing smart plague infects gens and if I cleanse I can't do gens otherwise I'm getting injured before 30% of gen progress I'll rather stay injured unlike them who did cleansing simulator and did nothing for being afraid of touching gens to get injured again

    I'm sorry, a smart Plague will play poorly? Thats a very interesting notion.

    Maybe listen to the girl who has been playing her since release and only interrupted having her as a main because of now-resolved latency issues. You. Should. Have. Cleansed.

    A power reset is hell for a Plague. It sets her back to square one. And most Plague's don't know how to avoid it because most Plague's only play her for challege's and dailies. Your rigidity and insistence that everyone adopt your playstyle despite a complete lack of communication was a major contributing factor to your team's deaths. I don't even have to see the trial to understand that. You need to be more flexible and not stick to a strategy just because it works in one situation.

    If your team is cleansing, you should do the same. Plague isn't the same killer she was a year ago. A good Plague can even force survivors to cleanse just because they will lose if they don't because they need a healthy person to tank a hit. What will you do then? Come to the forums and complain?

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2196705#Comment_2196705

    I'm sorry, a smart Plague will play poorly? Thats a very interesting notion.

    Maybe listen to the girl who has been playing her since release and only interrupted having her as a main because of now-resolved latency issues. You. Should. Have. Cleansed.

    A power reset is hell for a Plague. It sets her back to square one. And most Plague's don't know how to avoid it because most Plague's only play her for challege's and dailies. Your rigidity and insistence that everyone adopt your playstyle despite a complete lack of communication was a major contributing factor to your team's deaths. I don't even have to see the trial to understand that. You need to be more flexible and not stick to a strategy just because it works in one situation.

    If your team is cleansing, you should do the same. Plague isn't the same killer she was a year ago. A good Plague can even force survivors to cleanse just because they will lose if they don't because they need a healthy person to tank a hit. What will you do then? Come to the forums and complain?

    I know all of that I'm not brainless but team refuses to do objective to not get injured and once they do they immediately cleanse instead doing Infected gen or whatever that ain't no counter play whatsoever

  • @justbecause said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2196730#Comment_2196730

    I know all of that I'm not brainless but team refuses to do objective to not get injured and once they do they immediately cleanse instead doing Infected gen or whatever that ain't no counter play whatsoever

    You still should have taken steps to mitigate your involvement in the failure. For all you know, the teams plan was to force a reset and you're the one that got everyone killed by insisting on lone wolfing it.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2196737#Comment_2196737

    You still should have taken steps to mitigate your involvement in the failure. For all you know, the teams plan was to force a reset and you're the one that got everyone killed by insisting on lone wolfing it.

    They got themselves killed when they left me do all gens myself it ain't possible to do whole objective urself and there was no plan which we stated after match pretty clear they had no idea how to play againdt plague they just kept cleansing and cleansing and standing there doing nothing objective isn't gonna work itself alone and that got them killed and I survived

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2196737#Comment_2196737

    You still should have taken steps to mitigate your involvement in the failure. For all you know, the teams plan was to force a reset and you're the one that got everyone killed by insisting on lone wolfing it.

    I love how you blame me for not falling for their stupidity... What's the purpose of cleansing if I'm gonna get infected second next I touch gen? I will rather do my objective than be mona Lisa and stand there and wait for photographer to take a pic

  • @justbecause said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2196680#Comment_2196680

    I don't see how I'm wrong one in this situation? I'm running her around they cleanse all in same time and do nothing because they won't touch gen because it's infected

    It's not about you being wrong, in the situation you described your way of playing can be the correct one, but when you noticed the other survivors cleansing and taking a different approach than you, that was your opportunity to adapt. The two different approaches to plague don't mix. I won't say it's anyone's fault just a failure to communicate

  • @justbecause said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2196680#Comment_2196680

    I know what are her add ons shz had no extra coorupt pools and she starts with one and after she picks it it's gone bye bye she can maybe get 1 down with that one pool unlike unlimited power they fed her with I think we all know how powerful corrupt is and if they wanted to feed her with it it's on them I haven't cleansed I did 4 gens 2 unhooks and found hatch and ran her around for 2 mins until smarties decided to cleanse all in same time instead doing gens while I'm wasting her time

    If that's true lost because your team wasn't doing gens not because of cleansing. But unless you have the match recorded you sound to me like your exaggerating your role in the game a bit

  • @ClumsyTrapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2196690#Comment_2196690

    It's not about you being wrong, in the situation you described your way of playing can be the correct one, but when you noticed the other survivors cleansing and taking a different approach than you, that was your opportunity to adapt. The two different approaches to plague don't mix. I won't say it's anyone's fault just a failure to communicate

    Alright but i didn't find logic in cleansing when most of gens were infected... Most of them refused to do objective in order to stay healthy I really didn't wanted or did I find it logically

  • @justbecause said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2196661#Comment_2196661

    Or they could adept and deny whole her power in total and cleanse at endgame... We did all gens tho but she had unlimited source of her power and she stomped whole team except me that found hatch

    Sounds like 1 fountain reset away from a four man escape. To bad not everyone cleansed and instead one guy stayed sick and infected everyone he unhooked healed and worked on a gen with throughout the game

  • @ClumsyTrapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2196670#Comment_2196670

    Sounds like 1 fountain reset away from a four man escape. To bad not everyone cleansed and instead one guy stayed sick and infected everyone he unhooked healed and worked on a gen with throughout the game

    I didn't go into saves I did gens and took 4 chases and not once went down being injured she had no source of power when I was only one infected so she had no option but to use m1 which she didn't get to use because it was coldwind farm and it's floaded with pallets and safe loops...I wasted her at least 2 mins at very beginning because she was trying to infect me no gen was done or started true she had corrupt but there's always gens not blocked by it it just proves how solo queue is broken and not reliable at all I still won tho so I don't really care just pointing out how solo queue is hell