Do you talk to yourselves?

I find that I do that a lot, as if I was talking to an audience, but alas, its just myself

Like, commenting out loud on stuff that you do while playing, for example "oh I forgot they had Dead hard" after swinging, or "I could've played that much safer" idk

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I do it a lot. It’s very normal as it helps me and many others stay focused on the game.

  • Yup! Being your own play-by-play commentary can help you notice your mistakes and keep focused on your objectives.

    Though when I play Deathslinger, it ususally just devolves into aggressive cowboy noises.

  • If there's nobody around to hear me, yes, very often. It actually helps me keep track of what the opposite side has.

    Mostly just me saying "oh crap", though.

  • Even outside of gaming in general I do it from time to time, sometimes it's for calming myself down, sometimes it's for other things.

  • I talk to myself all the time. Then I punch myself in the groin, throw the match, call 911, get brought to a hospital, and when the doctor asks me what happened, I say "ligma". Then I get kicked out, walk several miles home, and repeat the process.

  • Guess I'm the odd one out here.

    No, I never talk to myself. I'll comment on the match I'm playing internally, but never do I actually speak aloud.

  • Oh, absolutely.

    Never had a better conversation than the ones I have with myself - I'm such a pleasant person to talk to, really.

    ---

    But yeah I tend to talk and say what's on my mind subconsciously when playing games, reading, performing tasks or even just when I feel like it when alone. Sometimes I even have to remind myself to keep my mouth shut when doing something engaging in public, in case I let the habit slip.

    Part of me blames my time narrating gameplay as a hobby years back, that's when it become more prevalent and somewhat troublesome until I embraced it as a charm.

  • @Beaburd said:

    Oh, absolutely.

    Never had a better conversation than the ones I have with myself - I'm such a pleasant person to talk to, really.

    ---

    But yeah I tend to talk and say what's on my mind subconsciously when playing games, reading, performing tasks or even just when I feel like it when alone. Sometimes I even have to remind myself to keep my mouth shut when doing something engaging in public, in case I let the habit slip.

    Part of me blames my time narrating gameplay as a hobby years back, that's when it become more prevalent and somewhat troublesome until I embraced it as a charm.

    I laughed so much at the first part, i always say exactly the same :')

  • I do it all the time. It's perfect for a game like DBD where literally anything can happen in a match.

  • Yes, mostly in my head and sometimes I speak my mind when I'm alone. Never when someone else is around, wouldn't want them to get the wrong impression of me.

    I think it's a normal thing that we all do.

  • Yeah, it helps me focus more than if I just sit there silently.

  • I do it too. Or I speak to the characters of the game too. (I speak a lot to Kharjo in Skyrim, for instance.)

  • As long as you don’t start answering yourself when you speak out lout you should be good.

  • @nursewannabe said:

    I find that I do that a lot, as if I was talking to an audience, but alas, its just myself

    Like, commenting out loud on stuff that you do while playing, for example "oh I forgot they had Dead hard" after swinging, or "I could've played that much safer" idk

    I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ME LOL

  • Survivor commentary: "Don't forget to dead hard, don't forget to dead hard, don't forget to dead hard."

    Killer commentary: "Bait the dead hard, bait the dead hard, bait the dead hard,"

  • Yeah practice for when actually start streaming