Is Dead Hard too op?

Me and someone else on the forum are going back and forth arguing whether or not dead hard needs some kind of rework or nerf.

Help us decide so we stop arguing.

Comments

  • @Sinatyxmas said:

    Me and someone else on the forum are going back and forth arguing whether or not dead hard needs some kind of rework or nerf.

    Help us decide so we stop arguing.

    Share this post with others so there are more votes

  • No it's not ๐Ÿ˜

  • I could say that dh is one of the top tier perks but wouldn't call it "too op". Surv nearly always takes an exhaust perk. The case is that they help you differently. Lithe, sprint, smash hit and balanced landing mostly help with making a distance between surv and killer, not getting hit for the first time. While with dh you easily get hit for the first time but have a much better chance to live longer while being hurt. If perks had their own exhaustion statuses then I would agree wholeheartedly. But that's not the case and so it's just other top tier perk

  • Not necessarily OP, but pretty close to it.

    It gets so much value for such an easy activation requirement and can be used multiple times by the same person and everyone in the match can have it. It cripples m1 killers and rewards survivors for playing greedy as well as covering up their mistakes.

  • It provides way too much value for putting yourself into a bad position.

  • It's overrated. In some situations such as a one hit scenario it can't be used. Sprint burst is much better. It rarely has hurt me when I played killer.

  • Depends on how its used and against who, when used to gain distance it can be considered op.

    Unless you're at a short loop with a ranged killer.

    If you use it to dodge a hit, then thats the intended purpose.

    Unless the killer waits it out.

    It has its moments but I wouldn't really consider it "OP" more of just "Meta"

  • It takes skill to use, it takes some patience to counterplay. Feels like a very welldesigned perk. Its only reliable while looping to get that extra distance, which can have a big impact ngl. But compared to sprinto bursto, which is pretty braindead value, its seems fine.

  • I just wish it didn't cause frame drops when activated.

  • In a game where capitalising on survivors mistakes is crucial, a perk that undoes them with the push of a button is just plain stupid.

  • Although to be honest I only use dead hard when I am already on the floor for some reason.

  • dead hard, when used to dodge hits, is easily countered, difficult to pull off, and highly unreliable.

    when used for distance, it has no strategic counter and can extend a chase for a very long time.

  • I know one thing: it's a pain up the bloody backside.

  • Not really OP especially if you know the surv runs it. But definitely a powerful perk!


    i think another downside to exhaustion would be something that the game needs tbh, which would be a small nerf to all exhaustion perks. Something like grunts of pain/breathing is a little bit louder or running speed is minimally slower (test out what number works, probably something less than 1% decrease though?)

  • Annoying in some scenarios? Sure.

    OP? Not at all.

  • @Weederick said:

    It takes skill to use, it takes some patience to counterplay. Feels like a very welldesigned perk. Its only reliable while looping to get that extra distance, which can have a big impact ngl. But compared to sprinto bursto, which is pretty braindead value, its seems fine.

    Hahahahahaha yeah no skill is needed to press a button.

  • @bowo said:

    dead hard, when used to dodge hits, is easily countered, difficult to pull off, and highly unreliable.

    when used for distance, it has no strategic counter and can extend a chase for a very long time.

    when used for distance, it has no strategic counter and can extend a chase for a very long time.

    isn't that every other exhaustion perk

  • @twocansofbean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2195162#Comment_2195162

    when used for distance, it has no strategic counter and can extend a chase for a very long time.

    isn't that every other exhaustion perk

    the difference is that all other exhaustion perks have an activation condition that the killer can easily predict, and may cause the perk to be "wasted". dead hard can be used on command whenever it most benefits the survivor.

  • To use dead hard you are already injured and vulnerable. Whereas other exhaustion perks you can use straight away for distance making the first hit difficult. Then there's the reason of dedicated servers, 9 times out of 10 you are exhausted on the ground due to bad ping on the killers side and you didn't even get to use it. Its not OP just risky af

  • It would be OP if it actually worked 100% of the time like all of the other exhaustion perks.

  • It really needs toned down a little, the distance it makes its incredibly brutal and it doesn't even do its job as a dodging perk, it literally just makes distance


    Also if almost every red rank survivor is using it thats saying something

  • As long as Killer get those little extra distance from Bloodlust 1 I'm fine with things like Dead Hard giving it back, even I hate it so much.

    But once we got rid of rewards for Killer for playing poorly, those things? Have to go. Dead Hard, Sprint Burst, Balanced Landing, Lithe, Smash Hit. Idk what to do with those but.

    I hate DH. Everytime I deserved the hit bc I did the correct play they just press a single button.. no mindgame, no correct play - just a button. And they practically win the chase. Makes me furious sometimes but like I said. I see Bloodlust and I'm like......fine.

  • I rarely ever get good use out of this perk so it's a no from me.

  • Doesn't bother me to much when playing Trickster for example, but any other killer it just feels like a cheap win at the chase...