Why did we get a younger Bill in the Rift art and trailer?

Anyone else kinda miffed by this? I thought it'd be cool to see a different version of Bill and not just him in some new duds.

Also devs please add the L4D Beta Bill skin to the shop.

500_screenshots_2014-10-08_00002.jpg


Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • It might have been Valve who requested that the trailer shows a young Bill, and the skin is an old Bill. As Bill is licensed and owned by Valve that is something they could request I believe, but I haven't seen confirmation that this is the case.

  • Or maybe Valve saw the trailer and told them young Bill was a no no so they had to change the hair color. In any case something had to happen because coloring the beard brown/black or white can be done in one day without much trouble or effort.

  • I can definitely see the confusion this might have caused. Feedback about this has been passed onto the team after it was initially raised by some people that there was some confusion about the rifts skin.