I am so sorry for new players
What happened after last rank reset i do not know but now i am facing so new killers. I mean my last match was against Huntress. She chased one guy all game. And when she got his, i saved him with flashlight. And then everyone escaped, she had 0 hook.
She was weakest killer today i faced but others was not also good. I am sorry for their bad experience. But i do not know why we (red & purple survivors) facing with yellows. If you wanna keep new players in game, fix your matchmaking. Games was not also fun for us and i do not think this guys had fun too.
Comments
I am sorry for all players except SWF.In EU,peak hours there is at least 5 minutes queue solo red rank,only to be place with yellow and purple teammates vs r1 killer.EVERY GAME for me.
I dont know what they need to fix honestly,i'm at my limits with this game.
They have to face new killers with new survivors. Last night i played 4 matches as killer. Only one match i faced with good survivors. Others was new. And killing new players seriously not fun. I mean so easy to get them down. I had 5 hooks with 0 gen done. That is ridicilous. They really need to fix this matchmaking because it is broken.
Many killer i get decide to bloodlust a tile after a while, so i get most of the time only a 2min chase and most of the time gens are still too slow bc of my teammates.
I've had so many killers like that since rank reset, I feel so bad for them. Have had quite a few that were definitely red rank before and are working their way back up, I feel bad for the new survivors that face them. It has to be an absolute miserable time for new players right now.
Matchmaking is working fine. It's doing the best it can considering how few people play killer. The issue is that there's a huge portion of the playerbase that only plays survivor and usually only SWF at peak playing hours (evenings + weekends). When they all log in the game is forced to match any ranked killer against them to ensure not too long queues for survivors.
Why sorry? Rank 13 gets paired with red ranked survivors even when rank reset wasn't bugged lol
Also who cares? Most of my yellow/green ranked survivors are using full meta perks, map offerings and loop like they have 1k + hours in the game.
Nothing changed, games are like regular red ranks just with different colours
Edit: can't spell cause I'm an idiot
Well, I got the usual red rank Killers, but new Survivors now. The crouch, they wait in a corner...
I feel sorry for them to meet players who are way too strong for them.
And since the reset, I have a lot of trolls. People who drop a pallet and vault it until the Kilker comes, who enter locker and get out of them until the Killer comes... To DC when the Killer comes.
I know I'm feeling so bad. I just went against two rank 5s and 2 rank 20's all of which I killed.
Yes. Bug made game really hard for new players. I deranked from 3 to 9 ( i dont know how ) but i am 5 again today. And most of my matches were against new killers.
It was not normal. When i face red or purple rank killers, they know how to play. But yellow killers were know nothing.
I dropped from 4 to 15. I've given so many of the low rank killers free kills at the end because I feel so bad. I'm at 11 so far working my way back up, if it wasn't for pip bug I kept experiencing on first day playing (bunch of -1 pip or 0 pip when I should've +1 or +2 pip) I'd be closer to higher ranks. I only care about being higher rank so I'm not matched often with killers I feel like I'm bullying because they're so inexperienced.
This was the case before the bugged rank reset. Rainbow ranks happen because the matchmaking system prioritizes getting players into lobbies within a timely manner over matching up players with similar ranks. Part of this is because ranks don't necessarily equal skill, so the devs don't put too much weight on them. Unfortunately, this really screws over the unskilled players. Actual skill-based matchmaking is in the works—the devs have been working on it for a long time now—but if and when it'll go live is completely unknown.
I play killer casually. I usually only try to kill if I'm doing a challenge; otherwise, I'm not even concerned with getting hooks. And the matchmaking putting highly skilled and competitive survivors in my matches is just stupid, because they finish gens quickly and escape and they get like... damn near no points for it. Sometimes I'm kinda surprised they don't hold back at least a little to try to get a few altruism/boldness points out of it and avoid depipping, but... I guess they're afraid of getting camped or something? [[shrugs]]
Anyway, skill-based matchmaking needs to come sooner rather than later, because unskilled players aren't having fun getting stomped by skilled players, and for skilled players who want a challenge it's not fun to go up against unskilled or casual players. People just feel like they wasted a chunk of their lives in a queue to not have any fun. People paid time and money for that experience, and people pay to have fun; people get paid to not have fun.