Since you care about your precious data so much why won't you take a look at totem spawn locations?
I swear every time I bring Devour Hope even with undying it gets cleansed in less than 30 seconds. Why is it ok for survivors to spawn right next to a totem or for totems to be sitting completely out in the open?
On the flip side there's been so many times I start as a survivor and 10 seconds later the killer's already on my ass because they saw me with undying. And the worst thing is it's because no fault of my own, but just because I spawned next to a totem.
I think totems should definitely not be impossible to find, that's pretty obvious, but some of these spawn places are just plain BS. Where's the data on totems and why is it so hard to just place some junk around them to make them a little harder to spot??
Comments
Totems are fine, for every game that totems get found quickly there's a game where they stay up for the entire duration of the game. It's the risk of bringing such strong perks, you may not always keep them.
Unless you are in Midwich and then you are lucky if you even find a dull totem lol.
I really don't think totem should even have a chance of getting cleansed within the first minute of a game. As you said, there are sometimes games where the survivors never find it. But they are not even remotely balanced with the times that the totem is easily found and removed before the game has a chance to even begin.
Totem spawns definitely need to be looked at.
I agree with this, totem spots are either going to be extremely obvious or stupidly hidden.
Definitely not a fan of the killers spawning right near the killers which happens to me more often than it doesn't.
Don't use hex perks. They are high risk, low reward perks. Most of them are next to useless. Even before they changed the totem spawns to be ridiculously easy to find.
I just had a match eith plague on Coal Tower. I found what i think is a Badham rework tier totem. It was almodt impossible to see, unless you really go within a very special angle (and then you can see a tiny bit of it). That's what I think totem spawns should be, well hidden.
If not this, at least make a minimum distance a hex can be from a survivor spawn location.
So you don't think survivors should be able to do one of their objectives for one minute - every round?? Nah. Maybe they will make a perk like Corrupt Intervention that blocks totems for 1-2 minutes - THAT I would be in favor of as that would require you to use a perk to guard your totems. Automatically disabling one of the objectives survivors can do though is completely unbalanced. That would be like saying a killer couldn't attack the first 60 seconds of a match - pretty sure most killers would not be in favor of their main objective being impossible for the first minute.
Your comparison is not valid.
Cleansing totems are not required for survivors to win the game. Injuring survivors is required for the killer to win the game. Even looking at all of the hex perks in the game so far, if they were always alive for at least 1 the killer is by no means guaranteed a win. But it would help incentivise running other hex's besides Ruin and Devour Hope.
This is assuming that they stay alive for 1 minute at base without equipping a perk. Because every single totem support perk released thus far, (not counting Undying because it itself is a hex), has been really underwhelming.