I despise knockout but its a shame its effects arent used more.

By effect I dont mean blindness cause ######### that ######### exists only to mess with Solo survivors even more than usual. I mean its deafen and the darkening of the screen. The only other deafens in the whole game is 1 hag addon and a limited time event item. Also the closest thing to the darkening we have is fatigue for killers and deep wounds. It is a real shame that they made this unique darkening effect for what I believe is the most annoying and worst designed perk in the game.

Comments

  • Ugh you reminded me the ear exists. I've went against that twice since 2018, far too often if you ask me

  • @Aneurysm said:

    Ugh you reminded me the ear exists. I've went against that twice since 2018, far too often if you ask me

    Haven't seen one since 2019... And no, I am not complaining here.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189754#Comment_2189754

    Haven't seen one since 2019... And no, I am not complaining here.

    I like bringing the ear, then setting eight or nine traps in a tiny area like shack or in a straight line through a long, narrow corridor.

    Call it psychological warfare.

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189808#Comment_2189808

    I like bringing the ear, then setting eight or nine traps in a tiny area like shack or in a straight line through a long, narrow corridor.

    Call it psychological warfare.

    I see. It is a strategy after all, just an annoying one.

    Please don't hunt me with that...

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189840#Comment_2189840

    I see. It is a strategy after all, just an annoying one.

    Please don't hunt me with that...

    It's really not - you're just wasting most of your traps to make a survivor go 'what the #########' and freak out at a random point in the match. I just think it's hilarious.

    But yes, the ear is two kinds of terrible - it's terrible because it's such a headache to experience, and it's terrible because it doesn't actually net the Hag any kind of benefit. A player who runs into a phantasm trap is already disoriented and panicking and hears a terror radius right next to them, which is either legitimate or fallacious; a disruptive lack of sound doesn't make much difference to how people react. The absolute most value you would get out of it is that if the player keeps running and doesn't look behind them, they won't be able to tell if you're following them or if you didn't visit the trap. Or they could just look behind them. All of Hag's purple addons need a serious look taken at them; they're either useless, worse than useless, or terrifyingly strong in the case of the shackles.

  • The blackening/defeaning is completely irrelevant and makes no sense for the perk. It accomplishes absolutely nothing with how short it is. If it was for like 60 seconds or something then sure maybe, but that's not what we have. It was already rarely used before and then they went and nerfed it by making it basic attacks only for some reason.

    Why do you view this perk as the worst designed perk in the game? I very much disagree with this statement.

    A useful purpose for that blackening/defeaning as you referenced would be to attach it to Deep Wounds. This would up the skill cap and mind game potential for Legion.