I never had a big enough problem with any of these for me to demand any change. They all suck to fall victim to, but sometimes the gens fly and playing a little dirty is their only way of securing a kill. Hell, I do the same thing when I play killer and have a crap match.
I think the real problem lies in killers who, right from the start of the match, will try first hook facecamping or 4-man slugging, but in my experience these have been even rarer than Quentin or Tapp mains.
So between the two, face camping or slugging which did you end up going with as most needing a fix?
I didn't vote at all, because most killers I face actively go out of their way to avoid doing these things, unless we're doing the gens too fast.
There's slugging for the sake of map pressure (like slugging one survivor and looking for the other, after the other 2 have already died), and then there's slugging for the sake of being douchey (4-man slugging at 5 gens).
The latter of which happens so little (to me anyway) that I just don't think it's worth trying to bring attention to.
You said it wasn't worth bringing attention to it but rather than just clicking thr button or not responding at all you made a post explaining it....thus bringing attention to it.
So I was wondering if you didn't want to bring attention to it....why did you bring attention to it
Queue times preferablly but that's a result of a mismatch between survivors and killers
PLAY KILLER PEOPLE, IT'S NOT THAT SCARY
Outside of that though, there's no real getting out of being face camped. Only reason to stick around is to keep the killer busy while the smart teammates are off doing gens given your...situation...
lol i only face camp when i have to get sacrifices with nurse. i kill someone, camp, then let the others win lmao
Okay, If your a "Good" survivor and can loop a killer for a while there is a very high chance that killer is gonna face camp you, because they don't wanna risk you getting out, on the other hand the killer might say "hmmm I'm not a salty killer so I'm not gonna face camp. but I will tunnel them" so if your good you will be tunneled or face camped until you on death hook. if you want to avoid being tunneled use D.S but since the nerf its not the best, BUT if you really are being "Tunneled" D.S is still a very strong counter against that, so in the end D.S is still viable if you are 100% being tunneled right when you get of the hook.
Blight exploits are the biggest pain rn. The other options don´t seem much of a problem but we always play as a swf team, solo players propably can struggle if they´re not experienced.
As someone who plays a LOT of Survivor I'd like the poor performance of my FELLOW Survivors addressed. Perhaps a more involved Tutorial? Classes? Something? I think this entire survey is weighted and invalid on its face. We already have the tools we need, as Survivors, to deal with Camping, Tunneling, and Slugging in the game. What needs to be addressed is whining, self-involved teammates who don't do safe rescues, know how to milk a hook, can't be bothered to take protection hits, trade hooks, sabotage hooks, do shoulder rescues, or steal a chase. Most Survivor problems are rooted in what other Survivors do, and I would love to see that addressed somehow.
Matchmaking...why as a 5 survivor do I go against a 1-3 killer with a 17 and 2 20s? I can deal with a higher killer if I have teammates worth a damn. I get on a gen and before its done they have already downed and hooked 2 noobs. I end up getting one hooked or running for the entire end game, where is that taking me?
Since DS is now the way it is, there should be some protection against hooking the same person multiple times in a row. My solution would be to bake a worse BT (deactivates upon touching gens, beginning an unhook, etc.) and giving survivors a hand if there's a single survivor being tunneled out early. Say they have 2 hook states and there's only 3 hook states or less, and 3 or more gens left on the board.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Lol
The disparity between full parties and solo groups.
So between the two, face camping or slugging which did you end up going with as most needing a fix?
Theb why bring attention to it?
You said it wasn't worth bringing attention to it but rather than just clicking thr button or not responding at all you made a post explaining it....thus bringing attention to it.
So I was wondering if you didn't want to bring attention to it....why did you bring attention to it
I was supposed to chose other ;-;
What I was going to say, even though I dont play survivor much anymore, is for the gap between solo survs and swf to be reduced.
When i play solo surv my other teammates are basically paid actors to lose...
lol i only face camp when i have to get sacrifices with nurse. i kill someone, camp, then let the others win lmao
Okay, If your a "Good" survivor and can loop a killer for a while there is a very high chance that killer is gonna face camp you, because they don't wanna risk you getting out, on the other hand the killer might say "hmmm I'm not a salty killer so I'm not gonna face camp. but I will tunnel them" so if your good you will be tunneled or face camped until you on death hook. if you want to avoid being tunneled use D.S but since the nerf its not the best, BUT if you really are being "Tunneled" D.S is still a very strong counter against that, so in the end D.S is still viable if you are 100% being tunneled right when you get of the hook.
Blight exploits are the biggest pain rn. The other options don´t seem much of a problem but we always play as a swf team, solo players propably can struggle if they´re not experienced.
As someone who plays a LOT of Survivor I'd like the poor performance of my FELLOW Survivors addressed. Perhaps a more involved Tutorial? Classes? Something? I think this entire survey is weighted and invalid on its face. We already have the tools we need, as Survivors, to deal with Camping, Tunneling, and Slugging in the game. What needs to be addressed is whining, self-involved teammates who don't do safe rescues, know how to milk a hook, can't be bothered to take protection hits, trade hooks, sabotage hooks, do shoulder rescues, or steal a chase. Most Survivor problems are rooted in what other Survivors do, and I would love to see that addressed somehow.
Matchmaking...why as a 5 survivor do I go against a 1-3 killer with a 17 and 2 20s? I can deal with a higher killer if I have teammates worth a damn. I get on a gen and before its done they have already downed and hooked 2 noobs. I end up getting one hooked or running for the entire end game, where is that taking me?
Since DS is now the way it is, there should be some protection against hooking the same person multiple times in a row. My solution would be to bake a worse BT (deactivates upon touching gens, beginning an unhook, etc.) and giving survivors a hand if there's a single survivor being tunneled out early. Say they have 2 hook states and there's only 3 hook states or less, and 3 or more gens left on the board.