Was today Plague day?
I've had the game for two months. In the first month I faced Plague probably three times in total. Today I faced her not only three games in a row, but about ten more times on top of that. Same with the last day or two.
This can't just be random coincidence. Is this happening to anyone else? I mean it's been Plague, Plague, Plague, Plague, Plague. She has dominated this whole weekend. Was there some kind of stealth change that I'm not aware of recently or something?
Comments
A tome for her just came out so people are finally playing her to get those bloodpoints. Like when there were more Hags despite her being more uncommon when she had her tome.
the archive has a challenge that requires you to have 4 survivors reach max infection on plague. based on casual play (myself), i only just got around to doing the killer challenges yesterday, and finished them today. it stands to reason the majority of people who played survivor first are now getting around to the killer half of the tome, where plague is mandated.
i could say the exact same about bill, for the exact same reason.
Ahhh, that's definitely it. Thank you. Makes perfect sense. I haven't been here before when a new tome dropped.
Yep, I'm sure that you guys are both 100 percent correct. Thanks for the answers, I was utterly mystified as to why half my games were Plague this weekend.
Enjoy before she goes back with Twins and Hag to the lonely lounge.
Like the others have said :p I'm a big plague fan so I'm enjoying seeing more of her* + playing even more of her
*except when I'm running a healing build, then I'm just annoyed
Yeah to be honest I like The Plague and always did. I was disappointed that one of the more unique killers, in my opinion, never seemed to be chosen. I group her with others like Huntress as solid, fair opponents that I have a pretty even track record against. But after seeing her literally like 15 times today it DID start getting pretty tiresome. The three times in a row (two on the same map) was where it really became too much.
I'm gonna miss those hilarious survivor puking sounds though. XD
well, i can at least say that this tome is turning me into a plague main. she's just very enjoyable, once you get over the whole... vomiting thing.
i'm good, so long as i don't think about what it smells like.
I dug her from the start. I haven't played her yet but to my style she seems like she has good perks, I LOVE the sound of all those running cleansing fountains, and again, I get a kick out of the overdone "BLEARGHHGH" puking that the survivors do when they've become fully sick. Plague just makes for a fun game in my opinion. I may not have enjoyed going against her 476 times today, but I'd take those 476 times over a single Wraith or Hag anyday. Those characters just drive me up the damn wall.
As a Plague main, I'm thrilled running into so many Vommy Mommies in the wild. It used to feel like finding a shiny Pokemon when you first poked around the map and heard the sound of running water. Fingers crossed that players will learn to stop worrying and love the vom.
(The hilarious thing is that I'm an emetophobe. Plague just doesn't bother me because, as you say, it's so overdone. Doesn't sound like actual retching; it's just silly. Plus I love being able to puke on a downed survivor for doing something annoying.)
Isn't it obvious? Today is mother's day.
A plague main with emetophobia is extremely funny tbh, glad it doesn't affect you
Yeah to me the puking is hilarious because it's so overdone. To see projectile vomit that's like a gallon of generic, cliche green slime shoot out of the survivors while they're going "GLARBLELCH" just gets me every time, even if it's my own character. It's so silly for a game like this. I honestly hope they never change it.
It's like when Meg gets hooked. Sometimes her cries of agony literally amount to "nnGLEH".
Did you play today? I wonder if you're one of the many Plagues I ran into. Odds are low, but you never know.
I actually did seriously wonder if that had something to do with it.
The Plague has so much potential when played well, but she's not overpowered. She's got a great look and great lore behind the character. Here's hoping that this Tome will shine some light on her, and that more people will play her than currently do.
Yeah I fully agree. I feel that The Plague is very finely-tuned. In a game where I can't stand how OP some killers feel and get annoyed facing some killers that just seem...well, annoying...The Plague is one of the ones that sits right in my comfort zone of "just right". She's fun to face, I bet she's fun to play.