Remove Movie Killer and Survivor Perks from...
The Shrine of Secrets.
At least then people won't be wondering when the Hell BBQ will show up.
The Shrine of Secrets.
At least then people won't be wondering when the Hell BBQ will show up.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Are u suggesting they won't get BBQ anymore?
I just want bbq for ma bloodpoints for teh killas y u bullyin me
They don't get it anyway, because "Random" has decided it will NEVER appear.
Yeah well I wouldn't really know or care as I always buy the dlcs. It's a nice way to show support to the Devs and also because I really can do so without any problems so yeah.
As do I, because I actually enjoy the game.
I am thinking about others who for one reason or another are incapable of buying Movie Killer DLCs. I'd love to see BBQ pop up on the Shrine, but the powers that be have decided that will NEVER happen not even during the Barbecue themed event, so ######### it lets remove all Movie based Survivor and Killer perks from the Shrine, that way at least everyone is on a relatively level playing field.
It will also help Behaviors income as those DLCs will now be the ONLY way to get key perks like BBQ, Best for Last, and Dstrike.
In all that time you could have simply boughten leatherdaddy and grinded it out for the perk.
I agree though it's been retardedly long since BBQ was on the Shrine, which is why i say we should just remove Movie Survivor/Killer perks from the Shrine entirely.
It's about the principle man. Especially now, after waiting so long I won't buy it. Devs got enough time and enough money. I won't clap my hands for them and gift them even more money for not doing the job a real game development team has to do.
Especially with the faux pas of MCote to the community and in general not having an honest open ear for the community or at least big streamers who kinda represent their own community. Nope, those people only understand by red numbers of money
Locking what you refer to as "key perks" behind DLC that costs money turns this into a "Pay 2 Win" situation.
######### got my comment deleted? Is here live censoring happening right now? Seems like I hit the correct nerve
I've gotten all Bubba's and Freddy perks from the shrine and I don't own either of them. Mind you this has been over a lengthy time frame but still happened.
Then much, much MORE survivours would cry because:
1)BBQ is OP
2)BBQ isn't free
3)You can buy BBQ and be OP
4)P2W
I really doubt you'll like it.
..
And you act like killers wouldn't cry because of DS. LOL
The whole point of the shrine is to be able to get perks you don't have access to. So that paying isn't the only way to get some good perks.
1) perks of the original characters
2) bad perks of with shards buyable characters
3) good perks of characters with shards
4) bad perks of licenced characters
5) good perks of licensed characters
No way this ranking is coincidence, it's 100% a business plan from the devs
Honestly, BBQ & Chili should not have been a LF perk.
1) Survivors do not have to pay for their post-game Bloodpoint multiplier perk (We're Gonna Live Forevor)
2) The perk doesn't suit Leatherface. He belongs up close and personal to hooked survivors, preferably in the basement with Insidious. He has no need to find new survivors when one is already hooked
We're Gonna Live Forever is unique to David King, and you have to level him up to Level 30 in order to unlock the perk to the other survivors. Then, you have to rely on RNG for it to even show up in the blood web of other survivors. Buying BBQ & Chili from the shrine eliminates the grind needed to unlock it normally. So, survivors do have to pay to get their bp booster perk (only David King doesn't).
No @Vortexas is saying remove them form the Shrine of Secrets in a sarcastic way so people will stop posting complaint threads on the forum asking when they'll be there.
Oh, sure, DS too. It was in the Shrine much longer than BBQ, but people whine about it more than abut BBQ.
I just didn't mention any other perk, since this thread was about BBQ.
Ah ok. tbh ive seen DS multiple times since ive seen BBQ.
I buy the DLC when it comes out to support the dev. So I won't ever have the issue of not getting DLC perks. But I feel like the DLC perks should at least wait several months(even 6+) before they come out on the shrine. I would also support removing DLC perks from the shrine all together. It only makes monetary sense to BHVR to make that move.
It would, but they specifically don't want it. They even made the Shrine because they wanted everyone to be abe to get Laurie's and Michael's perks without having to pay.
so you want to encourage pay2win?
cause thats exactly what you would do: force players to spand money in orer to get stuff they could need for killing / surviving and that is exactly what Behaviour said they never wanted in their game, so yeah. that wont happen.
And?
If 4-6 Dollars brings you to the BREAKING POINT then you should probably go back to the foodbank and get line instead of hitting up dbd.
It'd be nice not to have blood warden for the 6th week in 6 months.
That'd be so bad. Shrine of Secrets exist to make the game less Pay to Win. Let's people who don't have the money, or don't want the killer DLCs, to get perks from said DLCs. Makes it all more fair.
I know. Ive been here for a bit and watched the dev streams. But I also feel like its NOT random and they actually do have influence over what comes up on the Shrine. IIRC I actually got BBQ before i bought the LF DLC. I mainly play survivor, so I wasn't needing any killer perks at the time. Then i bought the remainder of the DLC since he was on sale.