Isn´t absurd DBD is not playable without PS Plus?

I mean, you have to buy the game and then is not even playable if you don´t get PS Plus.

The game should be Free to Play or at least Free to Play with a PS Plus suscription.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @OldSilentHill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2174383#Comment_2174383

    You are missing the point: most of those games are not completly useless without PS Plus.

    DBD is.

    Overwatch: I'm gonna stop you right here

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2175197#Comment_2175197

    Yes, it is bad. You're literally paying for your console to use something you already paid for. It'd be like paying for your phone to use your SIM card after you already paid for the SIM card itself. It's mental.

    To use internet connection on a phone, you need to pay every month, what you said it's pretty incorrect

  • @Progamer888 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2175201#Comment_2175201

    To use internet connection on a phone, you need to pay every month, what you said it's pretty incorrect

    I said SIM card, though. You should read more carefully.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2176465#Comment_2176465

    I said SIM card, though. You should read more carefully.

    In my country, work the way i say, you pay for the SIM card, and you pay monthly for the internet connection, again, your example in my perspective have quite some flaws.

  • @Progamer888 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2176468#Comment_2176468

    In my country, work the way i say, you pay for the SIM card, and you pay monthly for the internet connection, again, your example in my perspective have quite some flaws.

    My example is about paying for the phone to use the SIM card you already paid for. You're the one bringing up Internet connection, for some reason. Again, read more carefully. See the words I used? Where do I even say the words "Internet" or "connection" in that comment?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2176475#Comment_2176475

    My example is about paying for the phone to use the SIM card you already paid for. You're the one bringing up Internet connection, for some reason. Again, read more carefully. See the words I used? Where do I even say the words "Internet" or "connection" in that comment?

    Because that the closest things to the playstation plus, so getting to your logic, you pay for the phone [that's like the console] , and then at least in my country, you pay for the SIM [in some way and by your logic it's the game] (not considering offert or things like this) and for it to be usable with an internet connection, you either brought a wifi connection at home (which restrict you) of paying monthly for an internet connection [aka the playstation plus] by putting it like this your logic make zero sense, again, I'm not against what you said about the ps plus (even tho it have some pretty good upside, like two/three game free every month, which it's pretty good)

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2176402#Comment_2176402

    OP already paid for the console, the game, and the internet connection. Why do they also have to pay for the game to use their internet connection? See my example with the air freshener.

    I see what you are saying but like most things now days, everything costs money. I mean PS Plus has been around since 2010 so it's not like you would not be aware of this before you choose to buy the game. You are paying for an online service that has been the norm now for a very long time. Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+ and so on.

    The game was also free on PS Plus so there is that factor as well.

    If you're not happy you could always spend a couple of thousand on a PC and play online completely free.

  • @Progamer888 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2176476#Comment_2176476

    Because that the closest things to the playstation plus, so getting to your logic, you pay for the phone [that's like the console] , and then at least in my country, you pay for the SIM [in some way and by your logic it's the game] (not considering offert or things like this) and for it to be usable with an internet connection, you either brought a wifi connection at home (which restrict you) of paying monthly for an internet connection [aka the playstation plus] by putting it like this your logic make zero sense, again, I'm not against what you said about the ps plus (even tho it have some pretty good upside, like two/three game free every month, which it's pretty good)

    Then you're talking about a completely different example - yours. I was talking about the SIM card and exclusively the SIM card. The words "Internet connection" are nowhere to be found in the comment you quoted.

    Don't put words in my mouth and then say that my example is bad when my example isn't what you're saying it is.

  • @TunnelVision said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2176428#Comment_2176428

    I see what you are saying but like most things now days, everything costs money. I mean PS Plus has been around since 2010 so it's not like you would not be aware of this before you choose to buy the game. You are paying for an online service that has been the norm now for a very long time. Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+ and so on.

    The game was also free on PS Plus so there is that factor as well.

    If you're not happy you could always spend a couple of thousand on a PC and play online completely free.

    I see what you are saying but like most things now days, everything costs money.

    Yes, and OP already paid for everything they need: Internet connection, console, game. Sony is being scummy, that's all.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2176482#Comment_2176482

    Then you're talking about a completely different example - yours. I was talking about the SIM card and exclusively the SIM card. The words "Internet connection" are nowhere to be found in the comment you quoted.

    Don't put words in my mouth and then say that my example is bad when my example isn't what you're saying it is.

    First of all i never put words into your mouth, never, i was just making your example more applicable at this situation, because if I don't, what you said don't make any ######### sense, since are two things that aren't comparable in the slightest, so i said what i said because again, that's the closest things to the ps plus and ps4 situation, and again don't say "Sony being scummy" even Nintendo and Microsoft does this, it's not fair to just say that Sony it's the scummy one, hell Microsoft it's even worst because they've been the first one to do so.

  • @Progamer888 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2176484#Comment_2176484

    First of all i never put words into your mouth, never, i was just making your example more applicable at this situation, because if I don't, what you said don't make any ######### sense, since are two things that aren't comparable in the slightest, so i said what i said because again, that's the closest things to the ps plus and ps4 situation, and again don't say "Sony being scummy" even Nintendo and Microsoft does this, it's not fair to just say that Sony it's the scummy one, hell Microsoft it's even worst because they've been the first one to do so.

    First of all i never put words into your mouth, never

    Yes, you did. My comment is about the SIM card. You're trying to make it about an Internet connection by putting words in my mouth. Hell, you basically admit to it right here:

    i was just making your example more applicable at this situation

    That's literally changing what I said; i.e.: putting words in my mouth.

    if I don't, what you said don't make any [BAD WORD] sense, since are two things that aren't comparable in the slightest, so i said what i said because again, that's the closest things to the ps plus and ps4 situation

    It's a comparison, it's not meant to contain a literal 1:1 correlation. I also gave an example with air fresheners and cars, both of which are notoriously unrelated to gaming consoles and Internet connections.

    If you have a problem understanding parables, analogies, etc., then that's fine, I have trouble with them as well. If you don't, however, then you can accept that a comparison doesn't necessarily contain a literal 1:1 correlation.

    don't say "Sony being scummy" even Nintendo and Microsoft does this, it's not fair to just say that Sony it's the scummy one, hell Microsoft it's even worst because they've been the first one to do so.

    The topic of the discussion is PS Plus. I stuck to the topic, which is PS Plus (and therefore Sony). If you want to discuss other consoles, we can do so in a different thread.

1 2 ›