Did you guys try Demos new addon -> "Lifeguard Whistle"?

First of all, if you don't know what this addon does, here is a brief description: 

"Survivors near activated Portals are indicated by Killer Instinct without having to charge Of the Abyss."

As you should know, Demo (especially its addons) has received a few changes. When I tested Lifeguard Whistle, it hit me like a truck. It was good. Very good actually. So I decided to play 10 games with this addon. And what can I say. Pretty chill 10 games. Some of you may know how strong a 3 gen can be. With this addon, I could literally 6 gen people. To be fair, I was only facing average survivors in those 10 games. So I probably would have done well in all the games anyway, but this addon certainly made it a lot easier. 

Did you try that addon? If so, what do you think about it?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I remember someone suggested using Rotting Pumpkin with Lifeguard's Whistle and Devour Hope so you can always defend the Totem. I wanna see how that works out.

  • I tried it in the PTB. It's pretty damn powerful. Place it under gens and you have built-in Discordance. Place it under totems and the survivor is forced to cleanse the portal before the totem can get cleansed.

  • @glitchboi said:

    I tried it in the PTB. It's pretty damn powerful. Place it under gens and you have built-in Discordance. Place it under totems and the survivor is forced to cleanse the portal before the totem can get cleansed.

    Damn, didn't even think about totems.

  • How good are we talking?

    Is it "Rat Liver required" good?

  • @Boss said:

    How good are we talking?

    Is it "Rat Liver required" good?

    So far it gives you:

    • A "buffed" Discordance (since one person alone triggers it already)
    • A "buffed" version of Trill of the hunt (since you don't need to protect 2 totems, like in the most cases)

  • It seems pretty underwhelming imo, I think it should do it automatically if the portal has not been used yet. That would be more worthy of a very rare addon. It is pretty easy to remember to just hold m2 randomly throughout the game.

  • @OniWantsUrLocation said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2173923#Comment_2173923

    So far it gives you:

    • A "buffed" Discordance (since one person alone triggers it already)
    • A "buffed" version of Trill of the hunt (since you don't need to protect 2 totems, like in the most cases)

    I mean that's at least not bad.

    Sorry, i'm quite basic with Demo, but that sounds okay if you don't forget mid-trial that you have it on.

  • @Yords said:

    It seems pretty underwhelming imo, I think it should do it automatically if the portal has not been used yet. That would be more worthy of a very rare addon. It is pretty easy to remember to just hold m2 randomly throughout the game.

    The only thing the survivors can do about it is seal the portal and your idea is to get rid of that? Really? Or didn't you understand what this addon does? You don't need to hold M2. It gives you the killer instinct if the portal is active. You can activate a portal by using it once (traversing).

  • @Ferrari334 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2173907#Comment_2173907

    It might work and it might not, i have played 4 games with the lifeguard whistle + devour hope, it worked out in 2 of them.

    You can't really pick people up and hook them. The second you do a pickup animation, a survivor will just rush it and cleanse. Without TOTH, the totem is cleansed before you can even use a portal to defend it.

    Unfortunately teleporting through Demo portals still takes way too long to be considered a fast killer.

    Without TOTH, the totem is cleansed before you can even use a portal to defend it.

    Do you mean just in general or while you are busy hooking a Survivor? Unless the wiki is using incorrect numbers, you should have plenty of time to teleport to the Totem if you aren't actively occupied with something else (such as the aforementioned hooking of a Survivor).

    It takes fourteen seconds to cleanse a totem, one second to drop a portal, one and a half seconds to enter the portal, and you're moving at roughly 17 m/s through the Upside Down (again, assuming the wiki numbers are accurate).

    Unless it somehow takes you a whopping 11 seconds move through the Upside Down, I can't see how you can't use a portal to defend a Totem if Lifeguard Whistle will immediately alert you to someone approaching said Totem. Obviously, you can't just always drop everything you're doing to defend one Totem, or else you just eventually lose the game due to accomplishing nothing, so in that regard, Survivors can pressure Demo enough to force them to teleport to a gen so someone can knock out the Totem while Demo's teleport is on cooldown. But if you aren't necessarily occupied with anything, Lifeguard Whistle + Rotting Pumpkin SHOUUUUULD allow you to defend a Totem consistently as long as your teleport is not on cooldown.

  • I think the whistle is now the second best add-on for Demo. Sometimes it's redundant, but, when it works, it really works. I was able to defend my poor Ruin for a very long time the first time I used it.