Hook screams

Can we disable the hook survivor screams for killers? It’s so unbearable to hear survivors shout at top of their lungs right in your ears on each hook, especially with characters that have such a piercing screams such as Laurie? Or at least make it a feature to disable hook screams for killers, i literally give hatch to anyone who uses Calm Spirit, that’s how extreme I am with the screams. Thanks for reading.

Comments

  • Hit them right after hooking, it cuts their scream short.

  • Well what happens if you get hooked irl, and then you feel extreme pain?

  • @Alionis said:

    Hit them right after hooking, it cuts their scream short.

    I used to do that on every match until I learned the hard way that it hinders me competitively, there were times where I lost matches due to this habit so I gave up entirely but I do it each time I suspect I’m winning but competitively? I have to suck it up, it’s seriously horrible for me, I really want the devs to focus a bit more on the “quality of life” things, especially for killers.

  • @Alionis said:

    Hit them right after hooking, it cuts their scream short.

    A necessary evil. Just don't do it more than once, because then you're just a dick.

    @Vyne456 said:

    Well what happens if you get hooked irl, and then you feel extreme pain?

    Not the point. Besides, realism has never been a big part of DbD.

  • @HexSweetie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2170766#Comment_2170766

    I used to do that on every match until I learned the hard way that it hinders me competitively, there were times where I lost matches due to this habit so I gave up entirely but I do it each time I suspect I’m winning but competitively? I have to suck it up, it’s seriously horrible for me, I really want the devs to focus a bit more on the “quality of life” things, especially for killers.

    Could you elaborate on this? How did it lose you the games?

    @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2170766#Comment_2170766

    A necessary evil. Just don't do it more than once, because then you're just a dick.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2170781#Comment_2170781

    Not the point. Besides, realism has never been a big part of DbD.

    What if the survivor was a dick?

  • @Vyne456 said:

    Well what happens if you get hooked irl, and then you feel extreme pain?

    Well what happens if you get chainsawed in the back or slashed by a vengeful ghost’s katana IRL? This game is not realistic.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2170781#Comment_2170781

    Well what happens if you get chainsawed in the back or slashed by a vengeful ghost’s katana IRL? This game is not realistic.

    It may be not realistic but I'm just staying on a topic on a different way.

  • That's exactly what happens when you are in pain. Should've gotten used to it since you play killer.

  • I sometimes hit them on hook (Only survivors that has terrible scream like Laurie as you said, I know most survivors consider this as a toxic move but I usually let them know in end game chat and mentioned it about in my Steam profile description)

    Assuming you are playing on PC, opening Steam In-Game Overlay immediately after hooking also suppresses it.