No this discussion is not over!!!
@BenOfMilam said:
I just came out of a game as killer where the survivors hid the entire match and never did a single gen, so obviously they all got sacrificed. However, to get the win, I had to play a game that was very boring and over an hour long with only a "brutal killer" ranking to show for it. If I wanted to leave the match and move on, I would have been given a DC penalty. How cruel. (although, without DC penalties, matches have a problem of being ruined every other game)
This is far from the only time this has happened to me, and it happens as survivor too. The killer first kills two or three people. Then, repeatedly downs the last survivor(s) and picks them up and drops them until they are no longer downed, then downs them again. This is so the three minute bleed-out time lasts much, MUCH longer than three minutes.
Matches in DbD are usually 10 to 15 minutes, with the rare lengthy match being about 20 minutes. Endgame Collapse was an amazing step in the right direction (and is what got me back into DbD after a multi-year hiatus due to matches being 2+ hours without it), but we need a timer before then to prevent matches from being 30 minutes long.
My suggestion is that after the 30 minutes are up, the match simply ends, and no players in the match get bloodpoints and everyone de-pips and is given a matchmaking penalty. There is no way to tell who is doing the hostage taking, so scorched earth makes sense (even though I am fully aware it is HIGHLY abusable). In addition, players should be banned for repeatedly drawing matches out to 30 minutes and can be unbanned via manual review. This way, if people that are often targeted by harassment, like Twitch streamers, are repeatedly held hostage, they can appeal to BHVR and get unbanned.
Although, a less foolish option would to remove any and all DC penalties after a certain length of time passes. For example, in addition to the match ending at 30 minutes, you can DC at 20 minutes and keep bloodpoints and items you earned that match. Again, highly abusable, but better than the nothing we have right now. I just want to play the game, not run in circles for literal hours waiting for the 4 Claudettes to do a single gen.
as this is still a fairly large problem. Can be seen from gutter rank, to red rank
Almost a year since being reported. AT THE VERY MINIMUM you should implement a AFK timer, so survivors AND killers must do something with X amount of time
Comments
That's a very stupid idea and very phoney at the same time, I've played a round once by 30 mins as long they close the hatch I go to the exit door.
I've played the game for over 800 hours majorly as killer and this has never happened to me, some have probably tried but I've never not been able to find them eventually so I cant say its that big of an issue.
Then clearly, you two either do not own the game. Or havent played as much as you would suggest
this doesnt happen all the time. But it does happen
Survivors taking the game hostage, while not common, has happened a few times and is very annoying
And that's why it's a bannable offense.
If you realize, even mid match, that survivors are taking the game hostage, start recording, look for them for at least 10-15 minutes and when you are CERTAIN they are not doing anything to progress the game, DC and report them submitting the recording you made.
It's an annoying but rare occurence, and implementing a timer on ALL matches would only aggravate the "gens take too short time to complete" problem since you can bet your ass survivors would do ANYTHING to complete gens in the shorter time possible if they had a timer