What's your thoughts on pyramid head?
I've seen a few people talk about him before as a kind of healthy killer for the game not being a M1 that struggles if people just predrop and go from loop to loop early but also not being a killer like deathslinger as a minor level or spirit at a major level that there's very little a survivor can do against in the 1v1 i can sort of understand why but I feel like im in a minority that thinks he is kinda boring and repetitive to play and hes unfun to face because he gets a lot of free hits if used correctly through forcing a drop then using his power or just going through pallets when surivers cant drop then M1ing. I'm just curious what other people think of him because I think I have a more negative view than most people by what I see on the forums.
Comments
Fun as ######### to play if people loop, unfun as ######### to play if they hold w.
Unfun as hell to face if you loop, unfun to face if you hold w too because holding w and pre-dropping is boring
overall i love him + i wont stop maining him for a while
Favorite killer in the game. If the survivors are bad, you get to go for ridiculous prediction shots constantly and don’t have to worry too too much about missing them.
If the survivors are really good at dodging the M2, you just feather through safe pallets. It’s not like there is much to do at safe pallets with most killers anyways.
Overall I feel like he rewards my map knowledge pretty well, has banging chase music, and usually let’s me play as mean or as nice as I want.
He was unhealthy at launch. Faking his power just to proceed with an M1 was incredibly unhealthy.
RN, he is in a much better position. His power requires a fast reaction time to play against and I think he is fun to play and go against.
He's completely unloopable and can absolutely still fake his power very effectively. His counterplay is the amazingly fun Hold W. If you get a PH that goes for skillful shots instead of guaranteed hits he can be fun, but that almost never happens unless I'm the Pyramid Head (in my experience).
He is very fun to go against, we can do very good mindgames in loops (both survivor and killer).
But I struggle playing him, I think he needs more practice than some other killers.
I was running out of breath just by reading that holy. But you're definitely not in the minority, a lot of people really dislike playing against Pyramid Head. If the PH actually goes for shots with his power it can be fun to play that little interaction, but that's obviously not the best way to play him because it's way too easy to dodge his power in open loops, which make up 75% of all pallet loops on the map.
Killer with great design, awesome chase music, strong power and weak add ons.
Unless survivors pre drop and hold W half the game, its usually fun to play as or vs him in my experience.
I think you misread what people said: he's one of the most UNHEALTHY additions to the game, not healthy. The good pyramid heads worldwide can be counted on one hand, all the others just follow the same boring ass playstyle: fake the power at every loop/window (yes, fake, it was never really fixed at all), hook first then cage to tunnel without any penalty and overall just use their power in the most unoriginal way ever
But yeah, as people pointed out, he seems fun at to play as, also he's hot
Nerf his zoning and buff his potd. He’s fundamentally broken in a chase like deathslinger. Also he’s hot
I personally like facing him and I love playing him even more.
I love his aesthetic because i like Silent Hill, but apart from that i like his gameplay and his power has quite a bit too it.
I find theres a fun dynamic in the chase on both sides because of his punishment of the damned attack.
Fun to fight except if he uses cages to tunnel
If you don't like the power fake aspect you can just drop the pallet early just like you would against huntress or any other ranged killer. If they got for PoTD after that its pretty easy to move out the way unless they pull a hard read because of the delay and warning. You will get hit eventually as we are not robots. If they break the pallet just run to the next loop.
Don't let him get into a position where he can fake his power as best you can, remember it really doesn't have a ton of range. There are situations where there's not too much you can do if he's already close however.
Against a decent survivor team he still gets spanked like most of the roster because M1 speeds, but at least he's a little more fun to play if you go for the skill shots.
I think good killers are healthy regardless of anyone's fun. Sure both can happen. I personally thoroughly enjoy playing against and as him but I understand why people find him boring.