I think Clown is really good

A lor of people still think Clown is weak. Of course its all opinion based but I want to know why everyone thinks that is so because I find him really fun and strong. Maybe it's my very aggressive build which I find to be his best play style. I use Fire Up, Save the Best For Last, Brutal Strength, and Ruin so I just decimate everything in my path and Ruin helps with the gens. I usually run ruin by itself on most killers because I think its good like that. Might be just because I'm A natural good chaser as well so combine that with Clown's power and those perks makes me pretty unstoppable which give me more time to patrol gens since I end chase ludicrously fast. But ya know, I wanna hear why everyone thinks he is weak.

Comments

  • He has a fee different issues imo.

    -first, yellow bottles just aren't that useful. Too situational (mostly when you carry a survivor) and has high potential to counter yourself and buff survivors.

    -he has the least lethal ranged attack while everyone else's can do actual damage

    -he takes a good bit of effort to down a single survivor while other ranged killers can multitask more.

    -he can have more downtime in comparison to other killers since you typically want to reload after each hook or down but you'll often have to reload mid chase.

    -he doesn't have much natural pressure capabilities like most other killers.

    - his addons overall are pretty lackluster


    I mained him for a long time but don't use him much since he has a lot to be desired and I was very disappointed in His rework

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    A lor of people still think Clown is weak. Of course its all opinion based but I want to know why everyone thinks that is so because I find him really fun and strong. Maybe it's my very aggressive build which I find to be his best play style. I use Fire Up, Save the Best For Last, Brutal Strength, and Ruin so I just decimate everything in my path and Ruin helps with the gens. I usually run ruin by itself on most killers because I think its good like that. Might be just because I'm A natural good chaser as well so combine that with Clown's power and those perks makes me pretty unstoppable which give me more time to patrol gens since I end chase ludicrously fast. But ya know, I wanna hear why everyone thinks he is weak.

    Never understood how people think he's weak, most survivors have a hard time in chase with him (from what I've seen , mained him before twins) and now that he has the yellow bottles he's just become better, definitely mid tier not low tier like people say

  • He is good in chase, but you need two hits and you need to reload. If survivor spread out and do gens you are not stopping them fast enough.

  • Not necessarily. The killers with good map pressure are usually able to deal with survivors that are spread out much better because they can get from one point to another much faster. Obviously if survivors play it well they'll still be able to get at least 3 gens done fairly quickly, but that's where the killer can start to turn the game around.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    A lor of people still think Clown is weak. Of course its all opinion based but I want to know why everyone thinks that is so because I find him really fun and strong. Maybe it's my very aggressive build which I find to be his best play style. I use Fire Up, Save the Best For Last, Brutal Strength, and Ruin so I just decimate everything in my path and Ruin helps with the gens. I usually run ruin by itself on most killers because I think its good like that. Might be just because I'm A natural good chaser as well so combine that with Clown's power and those perks makes me pretty unstoppable which give me more time to patrol gens since I end chase ludicrously fast. But ya know, I wanna hear why everyone thinks he is weak.

    I'd still call him the worst killer, sadly. I've always been a big fan of his zoning playstyle but he's still pretty meh.

    No mobilty, reloads, even when played optimally with his bottles you'll still do worse than a Freddy or a Huntress even with her reloads. He's also kinda boring long term, his playstyle is pretty much identical to how you use Freddy's snares but with less payoff.

    Also, word of advice, yellow bottles are a trap, don't use them. No matter what the desperate "HES GOOD NOW I SWEAR" Clown mains on here try to tell you. They've been tricked by the placebo from that 10% boost (10% is nothing at pallet loops as long as killer hitboxes make them take longer paths).

    It was a really pathetic addition to him considering how long they teased those buffs.

    Still worse than Legion imo and that says something.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2168415#Comment_2168415

    They can deal with it better, yes. But the ultimate way to pressure a killer is to spread out to 4 gens at 4 corners of the map. Even with something like freddy teleport..You can only do so much. If I come to a gen and find 3 people..And regress it via ruin or pop..That means other generators were not being worked on and that makes it so much easier. And that's not even counting if I have a shot at multiple hits..Instead of finding one person..Getting a hit..Chasing one person. While 3 other gens are being worked on

    That's true, spreading out is the best strategy for survivors at the beginning. But the more mobility a killer has, the better the killer can get from one survivor to another, spreading the pressure even at the beginning.

    Also, if the killer is good enough, and starts chasing the first survivor found, it will still very likely only result in two gens being done after the first hook, and that's where the killer starts to get much more pressure. Because it shouldn't take a good killer 80 seconds to down a survivor, so after you've got your first down, you can easily go to a different gen and prevent it from getting repaired. Unless of course survivors all spawn on different gens already, which luckily only happens very rarely. This is also why the first chase as killer is arguably the most important one, and if a survivor manages to outplay you too often during that first chase, that alone could cost you the entire game.

    There are other aspects as well to take into consideration. If survivors all spread out to work on the four gens furthest away from each other, that would mean the remainig 4 gens are all closer to each other, which makes it easier to defend them as killer. Unless you get a crappy map like Cowshed or Mother's Dwelling. Although not sure if Cowshed is better now after the rework.

    Then there is also the aspect that if all survivors are spread out on different gens, the survivor that is being chased is more likely to run to one of the areas where another survivor is repairing a gen, which will also force that survivor off of the gen. But that can be quite random, depending on whether the survivor has the ability to run somewhere where no one is working on a gen or not.

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    He has a fee different issues imo.

    -first, yellow bottles just aren't that useful. Too situational (mostly when you carry a survivor) and has high potential to counter yourself and buff survivors.

    -he has the least lethal ranged attack while everyone else's can do actual damage

    -he takes a good bit of effort to down a single survivor while other ranged killers can multitask more.

    -he can have more downtime in comparison to other killers since you typically want to reload after each hook or down but you'll often have to reload mid chase.

    -he doesn't have much natural pressure capabilities like most other killers.

    - his addons overall are pretty lackluster

    I mained him for a long time but don't use him much since he has a lot to be desired and I was very disappointed in His rework

    The yellow bottle are actually really good in chase, throw one on yourself, and the purple bottle in the other side of the loop, 90% of the time, it's a hit that most killer will only dream, for the ranged stuff, he's really not a ranged killer, he's a chaser slowdown killer (similar to doctor and Freddy for example) and he have some really amazing add on: the add on that give you more bottle, the iridescent pinky finger that make him actually a mid to high tier killer, the cigar bottle that give you wallhack when you use a yellow bottle, and overall a lot of helpfull addon the one that was considered good (the reload time, and the throw cooldown one) are now less good.


    For the rest, i agree with you.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/247964/i-think-clown-is-really-good

    I'd still call him the worst killer, sadly. I've always been a big fan of his zoning playstyle but he's still pretty meh.

    No mobilty, reloads, even when played optimally with his bottles you'll still do worse than a Freddy or a Huntress even with her reloads. He's also kinda boring long term, his playstyle is pretty much identical to how you use Freddy's snares but with less payoff.

    Also, word of advice, yellow bottles are a trap, don't use them. No matter what the desperate "HES GOOD NOW I SWEAR" Clown mains on here try to tell you. They've been tricked by the placebo from that 10% boost (10% is nothing at pallet loops as long as killer hitboxes make them take longer paths).

    It was a really pathetic addition to him considering how long they teased those buffs.

    Still worse than Legion imo and that says something.

    That's why you use yellow bottle with purple bottle, and i honestly think he's chasing potential it's slightly better than Freddy one, of course if used correctly he can take hit that Freddy could only dream (yes the pun was 100% intendent) of course, Freddy have more that go for him the teleport mainly (and for Freddy we need to consider the fact that he's an m1 killer when people are awake) so yeah that's it, i don't think he's the worst killer in the game (plus legion it's not even that bad, not good, but not too bad) i think the trapper it's still the worst.