Why do some old posts just suddenly get back up to the top?
I just wrote a billion anger posts at a nerf Hillbilly post which I thought was ridiculous since his nerf. Turns out it was from 2019. I now feel dumb because I was afraid some people still thought my Hillbilly needed nerfs. How did such old a post suddenly climb back up? And should that even happen.
Comments
Because someone answers it. Either unintentionally (maybe found it via Search Function and did not check the Date) or just to troll.
This happens in basically every Forum. Nothing special.
all it takes is for some one to comment on it and it returns back to the top. Its referred to as "Necro-posting"
Even posts that old and outdated can be brought up one comment? I really don't like that
Someone can cast the spell of resurrection (also called posting a comment) and can bring deceased thread back from the clutches of darkness.
Is this your first time on any internet forum board, ever?
With how frequently new posts pop-up and after my incident. I'm not sure if such old posts should come back up.
On this forum this is the first I saw such an old post come back up. Which now I'm starting to wonder if such old posts should be allowed up.
Never let the past die, I suppose.
In a month or so, I'll respond to this post.
Also, some people just leave the forums for days/weeks/months at a time, come back, and see that their last post had responses. So they respond to them, completely ignoring the amount of time that has passed.