I really like new Object

Object gives you a lot of information.

What it traded for in direct Killer positioning information, it gained in the ability to discern Killer perks/add-ons.

It's also a lot more subtle in less in your face so it doesn't bug the Killers as much or give them reasons to tunnel you. You just sort of know things because you run this perk and its really nice if you can play around that knowledge.

The only real downside is that you can get revealed at inopportune times, which can make stealth plays that would normally be an option turn into a death sentence. But even then, I have noticed Killers generally respect this perk for some reason. Multiple have given me hatch and most don't slug for the 4k even if they see me once the penultimate Survivor goes down, which is cool.

Comments

  • @gatsby said:

    Object gives you a lot of information.

    What it traded for in direct Killer positioning information, it gained in the ability to discern Killer perks/add-ons.

    It's also a lot more subtle in less in your face so it doesn't bug the Killers as much or give them reasons to tunnel you. You just sort of know things because you run this perk and its really nice if you can play around that knowledge.

    The only real downside is that you can get revealed at inopportune times, which can make stealth plays that would normally be an option turn into a death sentence. But even then, I have noticed Killers generally respect this perk for some reason. Multiple have given me hatch and most don't slug for the 4k even if they see me once the penultimate Survivor goes down, which is cool.

    Yeah the 30 seconds flash can be tricky. I have a little stopwatch in front of me. I just restart it immediately with a 30 second countdown every time the aura flashes. This way I can see when I'm getting close and can decide if I want to jump in a Locker or angle to be behind a Generator facing one direction or another.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/247581/i-really-like-new-object

    Yeah the 30 seconds flash can be tricky. I have a little stopwatch in front of me. I just restart it immediately with a 30 second countdown every time the aura flashes. This way I can see when I'm getting close and can decide if I want to jump in a Locker or angle to be behind a Generator facing one direction or another.

    Does the cooldown start when it activates or deactivates? What I mean is the cooldown is 30 seconds between 3 seconds of aura reading so shouldn't it trigger every 33 seconds? Just curious.