Anyone noticed ghost chests?

Had a game the other day where I chased a survivor through the shack and heard a chest open, I ran down to the basement and the only place a survivor could be was in the locker but they weren't. I was confused and just assumed they got a good stealth juke on me, until last night.

I was playing on Red Forest and was chasing a Nea and I physically saw a chest with absolutely no one infront of it open, it was also empty, making me assume this is some sort of delay.

Anyone else seen this?

Comments

  • Saw it in an otz compilation i believe, just a bug im sure itll be fixed soon.

  • I've seen it multiple times the last few weeks. Had me a bit confused wandering around the area looking for the one that opened it. This also happened while I was hiding right next to a chest, gave me a small scare and the sound of it opening attracted the killer LMAO.

  • @Equus said:

    I've seen it multiple times the last few weeks. Had me a bit confused wandering around the area looking for the one that opened it. This also happened while I was hiding right next to a chest, gave me a small scare and the sound of it opening attracted the killer LMAO.

    Same, me dropping that chase thinking I was about to get an easy basement hook (everyone else but the player was injured) and it ended up losing me a ton of pressure.

  • Its a bug, while Ive never experienced it myself Ive seen videos and gifs of other players experiencing it, I believe Lockers can also open and close randomly without nobody interacting with them.

  • Yes, played a game on Ormond and the chest next to the yellow vehicle just opened when I was sprinting there with my Billy. No Survivor nearby.