Your guys thoughts on some of the exclusives?
Specifically the skins that came out on the year of the rat (Dwight's hat, Nea's shirt, Hillbilly's hammer) and the fourth anniversary skins (Claudette, Deathslinger). Do you guys think these cosmetics should come back? Personally I think the crowns should be a key part of the anniversaries but cosmetics like the ones for Claudette and Deathslinger should never come back. As well as the cosmetics for the year of the rat.
All you really needed to do was log it and it showed you played during the time of the event, but considering the dev's track record of just giving them away, I doubt they'll stay exclusive for long. So to bring it back, do you guys think these cosmetics should remain exclusive or no? You can guess my take since I feel it'd be especially lazy to just bring them back and nothing more, plus I like exclusive cosmetics that aren't earned by watching streams for codes.
Comments
I think they shouldn't remain exclusive, considering that Howling Grounds and Scorching Summer BBQ cosmetics, which required the player to work for them, aren't exclusive anymore.
And it was stupid when that happened too. I don't think they should ever do that again without good reason (like for the previous code cosmetics that were getting people scammed). I was super pissed when it happened and I'd rather they not repeat the same mistake.
If their reasoning for the old items was because some users were randomly losing the items and giving it to everybody was the fix, then I'm guessing those new ones won't be returning if the bug is patched.
The Year of the Rat stuff was pretty underwhelming, and I think this is only like the 2nd time I've seen somebody mention it ever. As for the Year 4 items, those are pretty neat and I wouldn't mind if everybody was able to have it.
I couldn't care less.
Those cosmetics are really boring and nothing special
Not a fan of blink-and-you'll-miss-it cosmetics. Honestly, I'm not even that fond of exclusive cosmetics unless they're tied to in-game accomplishment.
I'm fine if they want to treat these time-limited cosmetics as exclusive-lite by making them only obtainable during that particular time of year and not available for purchase (ie, you'd only be able to earn Deathslinger's 4th Anniversary cosmetics by playing during any Anniversary Event or even right on DbD's anniversary day of June 14th), but I don't want them to become completely unobtainable for players who simply weren't around at that exact moment in time.