Going for killer adepts is literally a joke
To be honest it is hard going for killer adepts but surprisingly im on my last one which is plague. Going for killer adepts require so much sweating but what robs me from getting a killer adept is keys, ragequitters and strong survivors pounding gens/looping. You cant really instadown so much because it will kill your chase points ( wont get as much chase points) or slug which kills your hook points. Its sad that the only way to get a killer adept is that you really need chill survivors or survivors that dont do their objective much. For survivor its really easy to adept all you need to do is escape with your 3 teachables while killers have to work hard for it. To be honest they should have made killer adepts to where you have to get a 4k with your teachables and not have to get a merciless win because Im always so close to merciless killer but keep getting brutal or ruthless.
Comments
Some achievements aged like milk.
As a survivor main getting the adept killers was a challenge for some killers but just cause it's not easy doesn't mean it's not good. Achievements aren't all supposed to be easy.
Some advice is that your gonna want to focus getting the irridecent devout emblem. I find that getting devout emblem usually means your getting gold or irridecent on the others so you'll get adept.
Avoid getting the same survivor over and over becuase you need to get all those hooks.
Also try to get it on the 13 or 14 it's easier to got merciless after the rank reset
They really need to take a look at killer adepts. Plague is ironically the first one I got, but that's because she's the killer I started out with, and I got it back in grey ranks. But that's the thing; for some inexplicable reason, it's easier to get adepts at yellow-grey ranks than it is green-purple, and at red you have to play perfectly across the board. It's not even that your opponents are harder; the system tightens the requirements for a merciless game as you go up. There is no reason for this to be the case.
Different killers already have different issues going for adepts (good or bad perk sets aside, some powers don't interact well with the emblem system and for instadown killers, the more you use your power, the less chaser emblems you get) and unfortunately it's way too dependent on what the survivors in your match do. Someone kills themselves at the start? You have to play perfectly and extend the match as much as you can, praying nobody else does the same, or you're not going to get it. Someone DCs? It's up to luck whether the game recognizes that and gives you the missing points in Devout and Chaser. Some survivors give up early and the last player alive isn't on their last hook when you catch them? No adept. You snowball too early? No adept. Survivors don't rescue each other? No adept. Hatch? No adept. Somebody brings or finds a key? Unless you're Bubba and you're allowed to bring Franklin's, RIP.
In maybe half the killer adepts I've gotten (I have 9 so far), I had to artificially extend the game and allow the last two or three survivors to unhook each other a few more times in order to satisfy the requirements. Meaning I had to let people go when I knew where they were, and give them more chances to sneak away and hatch out (because if you proxy camp, they're just going to kill themselves on hook.) Other would-be adepts, I failed due to how survivors played, or because I used a power too much.
I've got the same issue with Evil Incarnate. You can by all means earn the achievement and then lose it because someone jumps in a locker and won't come out, or DCs mid-mori. Achievements that rely on you playing well and other players enabling you are ungodly frustrating, because it's no longer asking you to play well, it's asking for all the stars to align.
But yeah, adepts should be 4ks. It's not like survivor adepts demand you double pip.
So many Adepts lost because of that G D Hatch...
I actually had gotten all of them (except the damn Nurse) a few months ago when they first tried to put in MMR. You all remember that, right? Where Red Ranks like myself kept getting put into games with 4 Yellow and Greens. Good times!
I'm not sure I'll ever get Nurse because she's just really damn hard to play as and having to try to Adept at Red Ranks for a killer like her that you're not used to using feels damn near impossible but alas...
It’s based off of the old system, back when pips were tied to kills, so merciless used to be just get a 4K. It got harder when they made the emblems ranking system, which is what we have now.
As for the challenge, I kind of like it, it’s something that makes me actually care about trying again as killer. Would I like to have it back to just a 4K, yeah but I’m ok with how it is right now, gives me something to work for.