Why are BHVR so scared to make perks that flat out effect wiggling.
Literally the only perk that effects the wiggle out timer without anything other than you bringing the perk is iron grasp increasing it by 12%. Literally every survivor perk to do with wiggling has some weird requirement, boil over increases how hard you wiggle but not how fast, breakout doesnt even effect yourself, powerstruggle main reason I made this post it seems fun on paper but you just get it off so little, flip flop you need to be slugged. Sure Iron Grasp use to more or less guarantee basement hooks from anywhere but agitation makes the risk of being put in basement way greater aswell. I think wiggling should be much more expanded on. Like I get why it kinda has to be very tightly balanced as otherwise it would just be impossible to hook people but why not have like no mither but instead of letting you recover from dying you get faster wiggling or something.
Comments
Because wriggling is not supposed to be a solo escape. It's only in the game to prevent the Killer from carrying you while he chases your friends for the rest of the match, or to stop him from dragging you to the basement every time he picks you up.
Wriggling has never, and should never be, a way to escape without help.
Plus, with the breaking of ONE hook, wriggling is 95% guaranteed to let you escape; going any faster would make it impossible to hook people. Whatever perk did this would be a must-use.
Question for anyone who attempts wiggling with a controller: Do you literally juggle the stick back and forth or do you swirl it in a circle under your palm? I've tried both methods and escape maybe once out of every twenty times. I don't know if that's really bad, really good or what, but I worry that if it's THAT unlikely to get free then I might as well not bother and extend the life of my controller.
I use a controller for Survivor on PC. I just circle the stick with my thumb.
There is no method of wiggling input that makes you wiggle out faster - it always takes 17-18 seconds, unless Iron Grasp, Breakout, or Mad Grit are in effect.
If you manage to wiggle out it’s either the Killer’s fault or your team correctly intercepting. That being said make sure you’re always wiggling even if you’ve given up on the match because you still just might get out. I’ve learned that the hard way.
This starts to have the problem that old DS had: anyone who wasn't the obsession but had DS would be able to stab the killer once they filled 35% of the wiggle bar. Killers found that to be a worse problem than the obsession-who-stabs-the-killer-immediately DS because it caused them to waste more time and they couldn't counter it.
What's the counter to a survivor wiggling faster? Slugging? The devs have to be careful about anything they do where slugging is the only reliable counter, because one of the more complained-about things in this game is slugging.
Once a killer wins a chase, taking away their hook after better take a lot of effort on the survivors' part, otherwise the killer's just going to be super frustrated. It turns into a lot of wasted time without getting closer to winning while also losing out on a large chunk of BP, because hooking is what killers get rewarded for.
I use my thumb and sometimes I swirl it in a circle and sometimes I jiggle it back and forth. I've tried it with my palm and it felt awkward. A lot of times I don't bother to wiggle at all because it can hurt my thumb.
if i'm the last living survivor and i get picked up i have had more successes not wiggling than wiggling. the number of times not wiggling has caused the killer to go on a journey to find the hatch for me far outweigh the times where wiggling has gotten me free of their grasp and i've had a meaningful escape. in that the latter has literally never happened.
Thanks for the answers guys. Good to know I'm not just doing it incorrectly.
This is the way.
Anything else will kill your control stick.
I move the stick in a circle I feel it's less likely to break that way with the amount of wiggling you have to do as a survivor I worry about breaking them.