Thank you mods.

I mean this seriously.


Thank you for clearing up a misunderstand of the rules of this forum, It will help me in the future when creating topics and what not to create them about.


I get the feeling that being a mod is a thankless job so here's some much needed thanks in return. For putting up with all our BS. mine included at times.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I think the mods deserve a big thanks from all of us for all of the hard work they've done to keep this forum safe.

  • Being a moderator seems like a hard job and they’ve done their job very well. They deserve a thank you from everyone.

  • Tbh I only know one mod here -> @MandyTalk . I think Mandy is very appreciated by the majority of forum members here, at least I feel like this adorable creature is one of us <3 

  • A wholesome thread? I’m pretty sure this is against forum rules. 😌

  • @Bangarang said:

    A wholesome thread? I’m pretty sure this is against forum rules. 😌

    It actually is.


    @Gay Myers (Luzi) said:

    For any feedback about moderators, positive and negative and feedback about the forum moderation as a whole, support is your place to go: https://support.deadbydaylight.com

    We do not allow such kind of threads being posted just like we don't allow any users to create threads about users of such kind to avoid any naming and shaming.

    EDIT:

    Since it is being claimed that I have posted this quote out of context (despite anyone being able to click the quote to read the thread), here is the first post in the thread:

    @Madjura said:

    What is the correct place to post the following?

    • feedback regarding forum moderation as a whole
    • positive feedback regarding a specific moderator
    • negative feedback regarding a specific moderator

    For general feedback, positive and negative, I believe this subforum ("Forum Feedback") is correct, but it would be nice to have confirmation.

    For positive individual feedback the comment section on that moderator's profile is probably the best place, but is it allowed to post the feedback in this subforum as a thread? Some other forums have one feedback thread per moderator for example.

    The same question but for negative feedback, except I am not sure if the comment section is the correct place. If posting negative feedback publicly is not allowed, then the comment section would be wrong place, as that is technically public. There is no private messaging enabled for regular forum users (to my knowledge) so that is not an option either. Where can that be posted, if it may be posted at all?


  • Wholesome thread is wholesome <3

  • Thank you for the Feedback, it's really appreciated Ryan. If you do have any questions, you can also always ask. I'm sorry there was confusion earlier and I'm glad I was able to clear it up!


    _______

    To clear this up, as it's taken out of context, the thing you quote was an answer about Feedback for ONE specific moderator (aka for ONE person) and not the whole moderation team! There is a difference between giving Feedback for one singular moderator of the team versus saying the whole moderation team is doing well.

  • @Gay Myers (Luzi) said:

    Thank you for the Feedback, it's really appreciated Ryan. If you do have any questions, you can also always ask. I'm sorry there was confusion earlier and I'm glad I was able to clear it up!

    _______

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2154026#Comment_2154026

    To clear this up, as it's taken out of context, the thing you quote was an answer about Feedback for ONE specific moderator (aka for ONE person) and not the whole moderation team! There is a difference between giving Feedback for one singular moderator of the team versus saying the whole moderation team is doing well.

    To clear this up, as it's taken out of context,

    From the linked thread:

    What is the correct place to post the following?

    [...] feedback regarding forum moderation as a whole

    Then, from your answer:

    For any feedback about moderators, positive and negative and feedback about the forum moderation as a whole, support is your place to go

    Emphasis mine.

    Your post in that threads reads to me like general feedback is also not allowed to be posted on the forums. Please update your post if that is not the case.

    I disagree with your claim that the quote is out of context. I have not posted a screenshot or copied the text of your post. It is possible to click the quote and go to the linked thread to read the context.

    EDIT:

    To avoid another claim that I am posting quotes without context, here is the full thread for anyone to read (as a clickable link, not as a quote box hopefully): https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/216363/where-can-forum-moderator-feedback-be-posted

  • Thank you for the kind words, we try our best to keep the forums going, we truly appreciate it.

    In regards of this:

    @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2154054#Comment_2154054

    To clear this up, as it's taken out of context,

    From the linked thread:

    What is the correct place to post the following?

    [...] feedback regarding forum moderation as a whole

    Then, from your answer:

    For any feedback about moderators, positive and negative and feedback about the forum moderation as a whole, support is your place to go

    Emphasis mine.

    Your post in that threads reads to me like general feedback is also not allowed to be posted on the forums. Please update your post if that is not the case.

    I disagree with your claim that the quote is out of context. I have not posted a screenshot or copied the text of your post. It is possible to click the quote and go to the linked thread to read the context.

    EDIT:

    To avoid another claim that I am posting quotes without context, here is the full thread for anyone to read (as a clickable link, not as a quote box hopefully): https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/216363/where-can-forum-moderator-feedback-be-posted

    The thread in question was specifically asking to open sections to individually "evaluate" moderators, which would break the naming and shaming rule, since there will always be a chance of negative feedback.

    My colleague answered to that thread explaining why that specific kind of feedback has to go to Support and has no place on the forums, as I just explained.

    So please, let's avoid this kind of assumptions, that don't belong in this thread and if you have further issues, you are free to contact Support.

  • Hugs for sale:

    Mods - Free

    Sluzzy - I will pay you for gracing us with your presence

    Everyone else - 9.99$