Can't Connect to Server Error(You Serious?)

Awesome. I love playing a match only to have "Server issues" and get disconnected back to login where the game won't even reconnect until you do a full restart of the game even though nothing is actually wrong on the players side. Oh but we can't forget about the tacked on Matchmaking ban because "we can't tell if you error or Alt F4". Get it together.

Comments

  • I've been disconnected twice too for some reason. Though the matches are queuing up faster than they did over the weekend, so I'm happy for that.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    I've been disconnected twice too for some reason. Though the matches are queuing up faster than they did over the weekend, so I'm happy for that.

    Yea it's good, but sadly when the servers decide to take a dump anyone caught in it gets a nice waiting ban for something they didn't even do which seems to just keep "Adding on" no matter how many games you played that day.

  • @Ashlich said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2145580#Comment_2145580

    Yea it's good, but sadly when the servers decide to take a dump anyone caught in it gets a nice waiting ban for something they didn't even do which seems to just keep "Adding on" no matter how many games you played that day.

    Yeah, that would be totally unfair and the devs should look into it. I thought that the game only detected an intentional disconnect when you navigate to the menu and confirm it. My network errors seem to be before or after a match for some reason.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2145591#Comment_2145591

    Yeah, that would be totally unfair and the devs should look into it. I thought that the game only detected an intentional disconnect when you navigate to the menu and confirm it. My network errors seem to be before or after a match for some reason.

    Nope. I got a 15 minute ban as i made the post because sudden "Network Error" mid match, which after looking through my logs, I dropped no packets. My first game of the day too, so they are 100% keeping any and all forms of "disconnection" against you from previous days.

  • Still don't know why there's a DC penalty in a game that plays like its in beta despite being out for almost 5 years

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/245897/cant-connect-to-server-error-you-serious

    You...You realize steam does updates every Tuesday right...? It has nothing to do with BHVR. So why is this even posted ?

    Because I did not disconnect from Steam. I disconnected from Behaviors server that refused to actually log me back in until I restarted the game. Steam would only become an issue if I was kicked out of it.

  • It’s literally every Tuesday at around this time.

    steam server maintenance or something.. you get disconnected, if you are in a game you sadly get a DC penalty. Which is 5 min. Where you probably couldn’t play because of the servers.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2145616#Comment_2145616

    You know why I can tell what's happening on your computer ? Because steam was updating. Literally when you made this post. You got kicked. Just like EVERYONE else did

    Even IF that's the case, players shouldn't be getting penalized for things out of their control and it ALSO shouldn't carry over penalty's from previous days.

    @Mooks said:

    It’s literally every Tuesday at around this time.

    steam server maintenance or something.. you get disconnected, if you are in a game you sadly get a DC penalty. Which is 5 min. Where you probably couldn’t play because of the servers.

    Then Behavior needs to make a notice of this because not everyone is aware or keeps track of when another service does maintenance and would avoid issues like this.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2145607#Comment_2145607

    Yes, yes you did disconnect from steam. It's their update day. Deal with it and stop complaining

    Lighten up. Not everyone knows that Tuesday afternoon is "Steam update day".

  • Yeah, lighten up. I KNOW about Tuesdays and I forget. You can't blame someone who doesn't know about it for being miffed. :)

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2145778#Comment_2145778

    The issue is. Even after I told them steam updates Tuesdays. They continued to tell me I'm wrong. And blame BHVR for something they can't control 😂

    Yes because why would I believe Steam updating should magically kill my connection to Behaviors servers. I'm already logged into their game and in a match with a dedicated server. In what way should I be aware that Steam, a completely different company and service provider would drop me from a game.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2145785#Comment_2145785

    Because your steam connection and account was severed from BHVR servers. While steam updated..I have no clue whats so hard to understand about that

    Because plenty of other games launched through Steam that also require an online connection don't instantly eject you when Steam goes down.