So is Jason still in legal limbo

so i came across a vid about the new update for Friday the 13th game but it was made by fans

I though they could not update the game without the licence

if the legal limbo is over maybe we could be seeing jason soon

Comments

  • Jason is definitely still in legal limbo right now, when I last checked. There's was going to be another court meeting about who owns the rights, but that got delayed due to the pandemic.

    Also I'm pretty sure the devs of Friday the 13th can update the game, like bug fixes, but they cannot add any new content until the rights are resolved.

  • @piggygooik said:

    so i came across a vid about the new update for Friday the 13th game but it was made by fans

    I though they could not update the game without the licence

    if the legal limbo is over maybe we could be seeing jason soon

    The legal limbo is still there sadly.

  • @NoFace said:

    Jason is definitely still in legal limbo right now, when I last checked. There's was going to be another court meeting about who owns the rights, but that got delayed due to the pandemic.

    Also I'm pretty sure the devs of Friday the 13th can update the game, like bug fixes, but they cannot add any new content until the rights are resolved.

    They sadly quit they announced they will no longer patch the game there moving on

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2141353#Comment_2141353

    They sadly quit they announced they will no longer patch the game there moving on

    but then how did the new update come out then

    its about jason X

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2141353#Comment_2141353

    They sadly quit they announced they will no longer patch the game there moving on

    have you seen the new updates? A couple of days ago they added a Jason X map, Jason X. they added another map as well. it’s in open beta, but the devs are definitely still working on it. I’m led to believe the legal issues are over.

  • @ggezbaby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2141382#Comment_2141382

    have you seen the new updates? A couple of days ago they added a Jason X map, Jason X. they added another map as well. it’s in open beta, but the devs are definitely still working on it. I’m led to believe the legal issues are over.

    ?????

    I thought they wouldn't be allowed to add Jason X and the new map due to the whole legal issues

  • @ggezbaby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2141382#Comment_2141382

    have you seen the new updates? A couple of days ago they added a Jason X map, Jason X. they added another map as well. it’s in open beta, but the devs are definitely still working on it. I’m led to believe the legal issues are over.

    It’s only coming out on PC and it’s made by people who love the game gun media and Black tower studios are not involved

  • The lawsuit over the rights to Jason that killed f13 the game is over; Victor Miller won. However, right after that Sean Cunningham started another lawsuit against warner brothers over net profits from friday the 13th.

  • @Midori_21 said:

    The lawsuit over the rights to Jason that killed f13 the game is over; Victor Miller won. However, right after that Sean Cunningham started another lawsuit against warner brothers over net profits from friday the 13th.

    oh boy lets hope its a quick lawsuit but I doubt it