Deathslinger add-on
So I noticed this out of all of Deathslinger's add-ons there not a single one that increases the range his spear gun and reach as in if he fires it it goes further then normal so why have the never made an add-on like that.
So I noticed this out of all of Deathslinger's add-ons there not a single one that increases the range his spear gun and reach as in if he fires it it goes further then normal so why have the never made an add-on like that.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Not sure. If there was one I'd probably run it cause I never know what to run other than reload speed. Maybe a slinger main can enlighten me?
Reload speed add-ons are his best. His shot cooldown add ons are good too.
In my opinion it is for 2 reasons.
First, he has 2 limits on his range. The first one being the hard and fast 18m chain length. The second one being the chain durability. Even if you had an add on for a 25m chain, you'd still have to reel them in that far and I'm pretty sure the base chain durability won't be able to handle that. Also... how often do you find yourself wanting to take 18m+ shots anyway?
Second, to differentiate him further from Huntress. She's got more range than she needs on most maps and if she can get an angle, she can hit you. Deathslinger though? Nah you need to be within 18m but as a trade off, he can effectively use stealth, he has a shorter wind up, and his hits count as M1's.
Also, Iri coin:
it's already a pain how many people thing they git skill using the coin in combo with M&A, it doesn't need an addon to increase the range.
Use rusty spike it works similar way to sloppy butcher
I think range add-ons like that would be dumb and would seem like it should be basekit on the killer. I had similar thoughts about the old chainsaw add-ons, the Guide Bar I believe, that extended the reach of your chainsaw hitbox. How does that make any sense? Same with the wind up add-ons for Huntress and the static blast input delay add-ons for Doctor. Their effect is so dumb in that they're not basekit. Some of these are fine I guess, but some can make or break their respective killers.
Ever played against a good Doc with Discipline? If yes you should know that Discipline + range brings Doctor near Spirit or Slinger level of being annoying. If he doesn't use Add-ons you can at least try and dodge the shock because he has to commit to his shock because of his delay.
With Discipline, you can't dodge a shock after he shot it because the delay is non eixistent almost, which means you have to predodge the shock, which also means that the Doctor doesn't have to commit to his shocks and can therefore bait every single shock to easily M1 you. Zoning ability similar to Slinger or Pyramid Head.
Giving Doc Disc. Basekit would make him even more annoying that he already is.