Why the last survivor always struggles?

I get there is this small chance of escaping and win the game by finding the hatch or running to the door or whatever, it's happened to me specially when the survivor had flipflop and gates were already open.

But if there are no hooks nearby or I think you have flipflop and you struggle then you're getting slugged the full 4 minutes. I don't wanna see anyone come to the forums crying about how they got slugged for the full timer by those mean killers when the very last survivor refuses to cooperate in his unavoidable death.

2 matches in a row with 0 hooks around and the final survivor just struggling non stop. Never seen a killer slug someone because they are evil or salty or whatever, there is always a reason to slug but survivors love the attention and playing victim so it's not surprising in their head they were being genocided or something.

Comments

  • BP of course, but here's another point of view:

    Many killers give hatch if the last survivor doesn't wiggle. Therefore, not wiggling is easily associated with "...don't kill me please" and not all players want to give off those vibes. Especially if the killer played in a very unpleasant way, it wouldn't be a surprise if they carried you to the hatch and slammed it shut.

    To me, wiggling is a norm. NOT wiggling means more or less that the survivor hopes that the killer is kind and lets them go.

  • @BuddhaBing said:

    You throw a temper tantrum, wasting 4 minutes of your own time when the survivors do exactly what they're supposed to and then you come here to complain about other people crying?

    It's not a temper tantrum. I want blood points. Especially because they're in the survival category, which for my usual load out is the hardest to get points. I never understand why killers just slug. You get more chase and brutality points, why not just keep going?

    EDIT: my bad. I see what you're saying, I thought you were OP saying the survivor was throwing the temper tantrum.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/244747/why-the-last-survivor-always-struggles

    Man I played with a couple of friends against a mike. He ran unlimited EW3 and Tombstone I was the last survivor and he got to hatch before me all I could think of was to prevent his achievement as it was not fun at all to wait in que to vs that. I made it to a locker just in time and he grabbed me, he drop and picked me up until it forced me off his shoulder and I jumped right back into the locker, he di it again but this time walked to a corner of the map but again made it to the same locker. So this time he walk to a different corner as he knew this was the last chance he had before time ran out. There were no lockers in site bit there was the bus (autohaven) the entity poked my brain. It was a win in my book you can't be upset when a survivor tries to survive nor a killer tries to kill. Just sounds dumb but happens frequently.

    Dude, I may have been in that match with you. That or one exactly like it. Perma EW3 Michael, tombstone piece, he was VERY determined to mori everyone. I was the first one dead, but I spectated. Saw him mori the others one by one until it got to the last survivor. The survivor made him do locker grabs, he'd drop/pickup until the auto escape, that player ran to the corner of the map and hopped into a locker again. Because if the Michael is going to run something that's THAT unfair, why would you just give it to him?

  • @Pogiforce said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2133328#Comment_2133328

    Dude, I may have been in that match with you. That or one exactly like it. Perma EW3 Michael, tombstone piece, he was VERY determined to mori everyone. I was the first one dead, but I spectated. Saw him mori the others one by one until it got to the last survivor. The survivor made him do locker grabs, he'd drop/pickup until the auto escape, that player ran to the corner of the map and hopped into a locker again. Because if the Michael is going to run something that's THAT unfair, why would you just give it to him?

    Well, if the Mikey is going for the achievement, they have no choice but to run that combo because that's the way the devs designed it, the achievement requires those two add-ons. Better to give him the achievement so he doesn't have to play that way again.

    I felt kinda bad once when I realized I probably cost a Mikey who was going for that achievement their last kill. :( It's a real pain in the ass achievement to get: survivors will DC just to deny it.

  • True, and I understand that, but at that point the Devs shoudn't have made an achievement that actively encourages players to play a build that is legitimate unfun for 80% of the lobby. At the time too I also wasn't aware such an achievement existed, I was just upset that the Michael was doing that. Besides, you know there are michaels who do it because it's an easy win, and having nothing to do with hunting achievements. Some achievements are just going to be hard. I still haven't gotten Adept David...

  • @Pogiforce said:

    True, and I understand that, but at that point the Devs shoudn't have made an achievement that actively encourages players to play a build that is legitimate unfun for 80% of the lobby. At the time too I also wasn't aware such an achievement existed, I was just upset that the Michael was doing that. Besides, you know there are michaels who do it because it's an easy win, and having nothing to do with hunting achievements. Some achievements are just going to be hard. I still haven't gotten Adept David...

    That add-on combo is only an easy win if the survivors screw around. Otherwise, it makes Mikey a more worse-off set-up killer than Trapper. It takes soooo long to get up to EW3 that it's quite possible for the survivors to finish gens first.

    Survivor adepts are usually rather easy to get, because they don't necessarily require trying. Perseverance is enough: if you play as that survivor enough times it'll happen at some point. I got adept David on my first attempt because the killer was just.. not good. All four survivors escaping through the hatch, now that one is ridiculous.

1 2 ›